Deleted

780 Classified Backplate - screw size.

This week my backplate arrived from Amazon and today i have the free time to install it. Opened the package and there were only 10 of the 11 provided screws .
    Can someone tell me the exact sizes of the screws so i try to find in the local hardware shops. I don't have the proper caliper, tools to measure it.
    Or is it possible to screw only 10? If yes - waiting for advice which one to skip.

Sorry about my English.
    And thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Go to your hardware store with a screw.
    Ask a vendor for assistance.
    Profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    The backplate doesn't have any other purpose apart from looking pretty, it doesn't actually hold anything in place so I'd say it'd be safe to only use 10 screws. Then again if it bothers you visually do like Yakawa said and get one more screw.

3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    The backplate doesn't have any other purpose apart from looking pretty, it doesn't actually hold anything in place so I'd say it'd be safe to only use 10 screws. Then again if it bothers you visually do like Yakawa said and get one more screw.
    It actually does, It keeps the PCB from bending under the weight of the Heatsink :P. Not much of an importance but meh.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Deleted
    Today at work i tried one of the screws that came with the backplate on one old faulty HDD. And for my luck i screwed it perfectly . The only difference is the head - from the HDD is a star, but this is not a problem .