Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think that it's ridiculous on it's face, but if you dig into the issue you will find that there are actually animals that are prostituted, especially apes, and they are kept in terrible conditions but trained to have sex with humans. Doing the same to a person is illegal. Since we can't really gauge where that line is for animals, it's more complicated than it seems.
    Even then, the issue is mistreatment. Not a lack of consent per se. It's not like humans tend to be terribly concerned with animals do or do not consent to. We neuter them, castrate them, de-bark/de-claw them and slaughter them, all without giving a single fuck what they consent to or not. Yet when bestiality is mentioned, people leap all over the 'informed consent' aspect of things, like it's suddenly a right of theirs we revere.

This isn't even getting into why the perception of sex as an activity that necessitates informed consent isn't one that applies to non-human animals in the first place.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2014-03-22 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoccox View Post
    Atleast one here without that stupid double standard.
    If the two parties can provide legal consent to the act, i have no qualms.

Animals cannot provide informed consent, your argument is null on so many grounds it's amusing to see you attempt to breathe life into it.

If that's a double standard, then you have a double standard when you say straight sex is OK but six between a five year old girl and a fifty year old man is wrong. I don't think you understand what a double standard is.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He'll move on to polygamy and incest next.

(Both fine if consenting adults and no form of coercion, of course).
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people throughout childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-03-22 at 06:16 PM.

IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM, IN THE SKY, EVERYWHERE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If the two parties can provide legal consent to the act, i have no qualms.

Animals cannot provide informed consent, your argument is null on so many grounds it's amusing to see you attempt to breathe life into it.
    Tell me again how an animal can't give consent.

You tell me how it can provide consent, you made the claim, then i'll explain how it can't.

Inform me how an animal can provide legally recognized consent to a sexual activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Even then, the issue is mistreatment. Not a lack of consent per se. It's not like humans are tend to be terribly concerned with animals do or do not consent to. We neuter them, castrate them, de-bark/de-claw them and slaughter them, all without giving a single fuck. Yet when bestiality is mentioned, people leap all over the 'informed consent' aspect of things, like it's suddenly a right of theirs we revere.

This isn't even getting into why the perception of sex as an activity that necessitates informed consent isn't one that applies to non-humans in the first place.
    Sure, but the double standards involved in animal treatment are a separate issue. One does not need to be "right" on all issues in order to be "right" on one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Why is it people equate bestiality, an unconsenting act to an animal, with homosexuality or bisexuality.

One is with consenting adults capable of making informed consent, the other is perpetrated against an animal incapable of providing consent.

I mean, is this the best you can do?
    Because stupidity is humanity's favorite pastime
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

There is no double-standard. To your credit, at least you didn't go with pedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people through childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    Of course.

Just like prostitution. In principle there's nothing wrong with it. In reality, there's usually coercion in some form.

That's why my caveat.
    Potato.

Can we just start IP banning people who try to be dense on purpose? Pretty please, boubouille?
    "If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light"
    they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Can we just start IP banning people who try to be dense on purpose? Pretty please, boubouille?
    But then this thread would be boring.
    Wir müssen wissen. Wir werden wissen.
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

So you're saying animals can't give consent? Of course they can..
    Do they reply to you when you ask them? What do you talk about afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people throughout childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    I could say the same about two person marriage.

ah the good old consent argument, one of my least favorites

Well this issue is kind of interesting.

Did the MMO-C community just say that Incest, Beastiality and Polygamy are perfect so long as every party involved is adult and has shown to have expressed consent?

On the one hand, Incest has the very real and detrimental effect of producing horribly crippled offspring with weak genes. So I still see a problem with it. About beastiality, I'm just curious, because I know there are multiple instances where animals initiate sexual encounters with humans rather than vice versa. If something like this were to occur, the onus is then on the human to reciprocate or disengage. And I see nothing wrong with polygamy so long as it is both polygyny and polyandry.

The problem with legislating something against beastiality is that it isn't like the animal is going to call the police, so you basically have to be caught in the act. Which is disgusting. Nobody wants to deal with that. And Incest... I think that youth is just too susceptible to what happens in their early years, I do not think Incest really has a place being legislated upon either. While it is quite easy to legislate against polygamy, because you're not really married if you have to hide it from the law.

But these issues are also completely irrelevant to gay marriage. Which is what the topic is about.

OT, then: Glad to see another domino fall.
    If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.
    -Lao Tzu --- 안 여래
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehnn View Post
    What are you, the citation police?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Do they reply to you when you ask them? What do you talk about afterwards?
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    But then this thread would be boring.
    so true

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."
    so, are you gonna tap that or...?

YAY!!! step by step a difference is being made

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    Well this issue is kind of interesting.

Did the MMO-C community just say that Incest, Beastiality and Polygamy are perfect so long as every party involved is adult and has shown to have expressed consent?

On the one hand, Incest has the very real and detrimental effect of producing horribly crippled offspring with weak genes. So I still see a problem with it.
    This actually isn't really true. Statistically, the chances of extreme birth defects are still extremely slim.