Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He'll move on to polygamy and incest next.

(Both fine if consenting adults and no form of coercion, of course).
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people throughout childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2014-03-22 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If the two parties can provide legal consent to the act, i have no qualms.

Animals cannot provide informed consent, your argument is null on so many grounds it's amusing to see you attempt to breathe life into it.
    Tell me again how an animal can't give consent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoccox View Post
    You tell me how it can provide consent, you made the claim, then i'll explain how it can't.

Inform me how an animal can provide legally recognized consent to a sexual activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Even then, the issue is mistreatment. Not a lack of consent per se. It's not like humans are tend to be terribly concerned with animals do or do not consent to. We neuter them, castrate them, de-bark/de-claw them and slaughter them, all without giving a single fuck. Yet when bestiality is mentioned, people leap all over the 'informed consent' aspect of things, like it's suddenly a right of theirs we revere.

This isn't even getting into why the perception of sex as an activity that necessitates informed consent isn't one that applies to non-humans in the first place.
    Sure, but the double standards involved in animal treatment are a separate issue. One does not need to be "right" on all issues in order to be "right" on one issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Why is it people equate bestiality, an unconsenting act to an animal, with homosexuality or bisexuality.

One is with consenting adults capable of making informed consent, the other is perpetrated against an animal incapable of providing consent.

I mean, is this the best you can do?
    Because stupidity is humanity's favorite pastime

Atleast one here without that stupid double standard.
    There is no double-standard. To your credit, at least you didn't go with pedophilia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people through childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    Of course.

Just like prostitution. In principle there's nothing wrong with it. In reality, there's usually coercion in some form.

That's why my caveat.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we just start IP banning people who try to be dense on purpose? Pretty please, boubouille?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Can we just start IP banning people who try to be dense on purpose? Pretty please, boubouille?
    But then this thread would be boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    So you're saying animals can't give consent? Of course they can..
    Do they reply to you when you ask them? What do you talk about afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Polygamy is almost always supported by coercion via superstitious beliefs hammered into people throughout childhood. Otherwise it's advocates would actually be advocating "corporate marriage" instead. Wherein the marriage stands as a separate entity by which all partners are given an equal say. So theoretically a man with two wives could be voted out of the marriage by his wives if he's a douchebag.
    I could say the same about two person marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah the good old consent argument, one of my least favorites

Well this issue is kind of interesting.

Did the MMO-C community just say that Incest, Beastiality and Polygamy are perfect so long as every party involved is adult and has shown to have expressed consent?

On the one hand, Incest has the very real and detrimental effect of producing horribly crippled offspring with weak genes. So I still see a problem with it. About beastiality, I'm just curious, because I know there are multiple instances where animals initiate sexual encounters with humans rather than vice versa. If something like this were to occur, the onus is then on the human to reciprocate or disengage. And I see nothing wrong with polygamy so long as it is both polygyny and polyandry.

The problem with legislating something against beastiality is that it isn't like the animal is going to call the police, so you basically have to be caught in the act. Which is disgusting. Nobody wants to deal with that. And Incest... I think that youth is just too susceptible to what happens in their early years, I do not think Incest really has a place being legislated upon either. While it is quite easy to legislate against polygamy, because you're not really married if you have to hide it from the law.

But these issues are also completely irrelevant to gay marriage. Which is what the topic is about.

OT, then: Glad to see another domino fall.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    But then this thread would be boring.
    so true

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."
    so, are you gonna tap that or...?

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY!!! step by step a difference is being made

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post

Did the MMO-C community just say that Incest, Beastiality and Polygamy are perfect so long as every party involved is adult and has shown to have expressed consent?

On the one hand, Incest has the very real and detrimental effect of producing horribly crippled offspring with weak genes. So I still see a problem with it.
    This actually isn't really true. Statistically, the chances of extreme birth defects are still extremely slim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."
    You sick puppy! People like you make me want to howl with rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post

On the one hand, Incest has the very real and detrimental effect of producing horribly crippled offspring with weak genes. So I still see a problem with it. About beastiality, I'm just curious, because I know there are multiple instances where animals initiate sexual encounters with humans rather than vice versa. If something like this were to occur, the onus is then on the human to reciprocate or disengage. And I see nothing wrong with polygamy so long as it is both polygyny and polyandry.

The problem with legislating something against beastiality is that it isn't like the animal is going to call the police, so you basically have to be caught in the act. Which is disgusting. Nobody wants to deal with that. And Incest... I think that youth is just too susceptible to what happens in their early years, I do not think Incest really has a place being legislated upon either. While it is quite easy to legislate against polygamy, because you're not really married if you have to hide it from the law.

But these issues are also completely irrelevant to gay marriage. Which is what the topic is about.

OT, then: Glad to see another domino fall.
    One of the issues with consent is that it doesn't have any moral basis itself. Kind of the same as choice, you know, you can make any choice you want, but simply doing so doesn't make it a correct or moral choice.

About incest, the detrimental effects are short term, while beneficial effects are long term (excising bad genes). I don't see a problem with it, especially if we can minimize detrimental effects with our modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This actually isn't really true. Statistically, the chances of extreme birth defects are still extremely slim.
    For the first generation it might be. I can only imagine the inbreeding that would result over time, however... Humans might diverge into separate species in the extreme example.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    You sick puppy! People like you make me want to howl with rage.
    All the birds are tweeting about it.