Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by IXBillyXI View Post
    So then what are my options for OC my CPU to 4.5 GHz? If this CPU can't stay stable even for a second when its at 4.5 GHz with 1.27v then the only choice is to up the voltage. I also don't want those temps to get any higher as well so I'm not too sure what to do.
    Don't push it to 4.5Ghz then. Most Haswell chips can't hit that mark, don't force yours to do so. If you want to keep your voltage as high as it is, have at it, but you're significantly reducing the lifespan and increasing chance of failure. Going even further than what you have will certainly cause even more problems.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMaster View Post
    I kind of have the same mystery going. Just bought a brand new HP pc. Has an AMD A-10 6800k quad core. Dl'ed and played WoW for about two hours and the temps got over 90c. Very odd considering its a brand new right out of the box pc.
    That's because you bought a prebuilt from a low end manufacturer. They cheap out on everything they can from cooling to PSU's

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Don't push it to 4.5Ghz then. Most Haswell chips can't hit that mark, don't force yours to do so. If you want to keep your voltage as high as it is, have at it, but you're significantly reducing the lifespan and increasing chance of failure. Going even further than what you have will certainly cause even more problems.
    So then what is the highest voltage that you recommend? I only ask because I see this number vary a lot on a lot of tech sites and not too sure who to believe.
    Last edited by IXBillyXI; 2014-03-30 at 08:07 PM.
    Old Computer

New Computer

I personally woudn't go over 1.25v