Poll: Who do you like more out of these 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate how they call him "The Betrayer"...From my point of view he didn't betray his people nor Azeroth itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    malfurion is like the absent dad who went to get a pack of smokes and never came back then you meet him again in hyjal a few years later and he gives you some quests but you go to the next zone and forget about him.

illidan was a pretty cool guy, sort of like that crazy uncle everyone has. i liked his eye patch headband gear.
    Hi

I'd go with Illidan, he's far more interesting to me than Malfurion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think theyre both boring personally. out of all the lore in warcraft night elves rank near the bottom, second only to gnomes i guess.

it was easily my least favorite campaign in wc3

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The creation of the second well of eternity is not a bad thing though, it led to the creation of the world tree and because of that the night elves received immortality in the first place. The well contains an incredible amount of power that could easily be used to defend the world, similar how the sunwell was used.

The burning legion would have returned regardless, but without the well and as a consequence the world tree, Azeroth would not have survived another legion invasion. It was the power of Nordrassil, which drains its strength from the new well, that stopped the legion.
    i dont know that it was the tree that stopped archimonde.

fairly sure it was the hundreds of wisps blowing up that killed him.

Deleted
    Malfurion was kinda a dick during hte Warcraft series against Illidan, but in the end illidan was still accepted, and the storyline of illidan was much more violent and interesting than Malfurion, so imma have to go with Illidan.

Malfurion the douche bag husband to Tyrande and refuses to let the night elfs do anything.

Illidan, the person that will do anything to project his people even if it costs him is soul. possibly would let the night elfs do stuff.

yeah i pick illidan.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Illidan, Whilst Malfurion is incredibly awesome he has recently become near enough unfallable. You can't really define Illidan's role in the story he continually blurs the line between good and bad and the tragedy of his life just makes him more likeable.

He may be the best character of the warcraft franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan, I'm never that interested in heroes, villains are more fun.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Hero is hero but everybody loves a cool/good villian
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    more lore and more interesting lore for illidan...much greater story then malfurions

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Malfurion because he is not a villain and he looks cooler.
    Illidan never was a villain. He's more of an antihero. At the end of the day, the only reason he is a tyrant over Outland is to not let the Legion have it.

I'd take Illidan over the Legion everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Illidan, I'm never that interested in heroes, villains are more fun.
    Illidan seems more like an anti-hero, atleast in WC3.

I'd give it to Illidan aswell

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    vilian? who is vilian??? illidan?! hes also hero in WC3...i would say maiev is much more vilian

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i dont know that it was the tree that stopped archimonde.

fairly sure it was the hundreds of wisps blowing up that killed him.
    These wisps were power taken from the night elves, their immortality, which the night elves took from the tree in the first place.

Deleted
    Malfurion suffers from holier-than-thou syndrome. He's been pretty douchy and self-important since WCIII, never liked him much. Illidan is much more 'human' in the way he acts and feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i think theyre both boring personally. out of all the lore in warcraft night elves rank near the bottom, second only to gnomes i guess.

it was easily my least favorite campaign in wc3
    I agree. Plus both of their names are pretty cheesy to me. I don't really care much for either of them.

Illidan is a dick as seen in War of the Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    He may be the best character of the warcraft franchise.
    Agreed. That or Medivh. Top 5 character easily. Malfurion never stood a chance in this poll =p

Popularity aside, I think Malfurion's power level is off the charts at this point, one of the strongest mortals around

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Unless i'm mistaken which I might be, wasn't she classified as a Highborne and they became Night Elves post shattering when they lost the Well of Eternity?
    All were kaldorei. Some chose to follow the teachings of Elune, some chose to embrace the arcane. Those who chose the arcane became known as Highborne, though they were still kaldorei. They distanced themselves from the rest of the kaldorei society, thinking that they were superior. The War of the Ancients happened. Azshara, who was the kaldorei queen, joined the Legion and her most trusted followers and herself sank to the bottom of the ocean for she lost and got transformed into naga. A part of the Highborne joined the kaldorei rebels and after the war lived with them for 3k more years.
    After that, tired of their disregard of magic usage, Malfurion and Tyrande banished the Highborne.

They left across the sea and landed in the area known as Eastern Kingdoms. They started adapting to a day cycle, they became more pale and weak since they used the arcane magic for everything and they became known as high elves.

A part of the Highbourne however hid in Eldre'thas, also known as Dire Maul. There, a noble blood who called himself prince (he might not have been a prince) and them tried to syphon their magic by summoning a gigantic demonic dog. For a while it worked great, they got all the arcane power they wanted from the demon dog, but as time passed, more energy was required to contain it. And, as such, the prince started killing those that did not agree with him or his ideas, those that spoke against using the demon arcane magic. There's even a ghost telling you this story, one of their former members. So after 10k years, after only the most vile of these kaldorei Highbourne remaining (since rest were killed), some heroes come, kill their dog and their prince... and these vile demon worshippers who killed their own for power get accepted in the ranks of the night elves... which doesn't make any sense lorewise, for obvious reasons.

As for the remaining kaldorei, they sat in Northern Kalimdor and trained waiting for the return of the legion. In time, they would become known as night elves.