Poll: Who do you like more out of these 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Malfurion or Illidan?

Lorewise, who do you like more, Malfurion or Illidan, and why?

I'll return with a comment on my preferences later on.

Don't make me choose, damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I don't know. I mean they are both just so terrible. Malfurion I guess since he's less of a cry baby.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion because he is not a villain and he looks cooler.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion is some funny looking bird-deer-elf who sounds like he's pinching his nose when he talks. I just can't take him seriously.

Illidan may be into the whole dramatic brooding thing, and comes off as emo quite a bit, but I find his personality much more interesting than nature-loving Chicken Wings.

We had a whole patch about Illidan. We need to give druids some love. I pick Malfurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Illidan by far. Malfurion is purely unlikeable, even if he's higher on the moral scale.

If I ignore almost all of the NPC dialog and quest text of Burning Crusade, including the entirely of Black Temple up to the moment you get to the rooftop, Illidan. Otherwise, Malfurion "Doesn't Do Shit" Featherhorn.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Penguin View Post
    Malfurion is some funny looking bird-deer-elf who sounds like he's pinching his nose when he talks. I just can't take him seriously.

Illidan may be into the whole dramatic brooding thing, and comes off as emo quite a bit, but I find his personality much more interesting than nature-loving Chicken Wings.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If I ignore almost all of the NPC dialog and quest text of Burning Crusade, including the entirely of Black Temple up to the moment you get to the rooftop, Illidan. Otherwise, Malfurion "Doesn't Do Shit" Featherhorn.
    cough

I am a straight up Illidan fan, and still believe he is not a villian, not matter how much people say he is
    Last edited by Skayth; 2014-03-23 at 05:08 AM.

They are both pretty good characters, although Malfurion seems to have been absent for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    although Malfurion seems to have been absent for a while.
    So much wrong with this-- it's like people blocked out Cataclysm from memory. Unless you never went to Hyjal Malfurion was all over that place (and then in Firelands).

Malfurion really rubbed me the wrong way in Warcraft III and I've never liked him sense. He just came across as one of those really self-important people who is completely convinced that they know best and is incredibly condescending and patronizing to anyone who disagrees. He just seemed to me to be presented as un-relatably and unquestioningly wise and calm and just wasn't a terribly interesting character. I just remember nothing good about him from WCIII.

Illidan, while incredibly flawed and totally botched in Burning Crusade, was at least somewhat compelling, relatable, and sympathetic in his fallibility and selfishness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    I am a straight up Illidan fan, and still believe he is not a villian, not matter how much people say he is
    Hence why I said "ignore all npc dialog and quest text in BC." In BC we learned that he'd begun enslaving locals, had his demons torture and slaughter villagers, had essentially gone from "demon hunter" to "hunting demons to fill positions within his infrastructure" and was nothing more than another brutal, monstrous dictator.

Then you got the roof and it was Illidan from WC3. It just didn't make any sense.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Start of golden age of WoW xpac boss Illidan of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hence why I said "ignore all npc dialog and quest text in BC." In BC we learned that he'd begun enslaving locals, had his demons torture and slaughter villagers, had essentially gone from "demon hunter" to "hunting demons to fill positions within his infrastructure" and was nothing more than another brutal, monstrous dictator.

Then you got the roof and it was Illidan from WC3. It just didn't make any sense.
    Yea, but for me, honestly there is a point where you wonder, was Illidan truly the "villian?" or was Kael'thalas? You learn during the burning Crusade that he quickly betrayed Illidan for more power through kiljaeden and the burning legion, hence why the legion had such a presence, while illidan was reigning. He also clearly calls Illidan a "blind fool" so who knows how much he has done in "Illidan's name." Do I think Blizzard is that complex with their writing? no. But they did leave that loophole open, even if by accident for future illidan lore.

The main reason i quoted you was your comment about how Malfurion looked and gave you how Illidan looks if he stayed the course and became a druid =D

I've always thought Malfurion was a huge douche.

Illidan is better because Malfurion is boring as fuck. Illidan at least has something going on in his life.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Illidan. Not that I particularly like this character, Malfurion is just an asshole. He is the one reason that made Illidan character work well in WIII, you could sympathise with him for having such a jerk of a brother.

"Hey, bro, so I cleansed the forest from demons, and even managed to take down the leader of the whole operation. Sadly, I became cursed like that"
    "Well, fuck you then"

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I loved Illidan, but around the end of Frozen Throne I started to get tired of him and he was completely devoid of a character until we were able to kill him in Black Temple. I'm indifferent towards Malfurion though, he doesn't exactly strike me in any proper way other than the 'wise old owl' kind of guy. He's basically the druid-version of Thrall so I guess I'll give him points for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Illidan is better because Malfurion is boring as fuck. Illidan at least has something going on in his life.
    but Illidan is dead.