Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Clearly they had the budget to figure this out, so why give them more money? LOL ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    Something like that. Point is he's wrong a lot.
    Oh, the irony. He also graduated first-class from Oxford before moving on to Cambridge for his PhD. He also wasn't "the crippled guy" until after he had contributed some significant work to Physics and Cosmology. Also, I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Oh are people on MMO-C talking shit about Hawking now?

Well shit, just went over his wiki... not sure where I got the wrong info at. I concede, I'm the idiot.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because he wasn't appointed by the Supreme Court.
    Ah yes the case where the conservatives argue equal protection and the liberals argue against federalism, even you and I can find that amusing eh?

If I recal right this isn't something NASA would do.
    Being a space agency and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    If I recal right this isn't something NASA would do.
    Being a space agency and all.
    Could be a cost effectiveness thing. Why spend billions on say asteroid defense, when there's a higher probability that society will self-collapse before an asteroid hits.

I mean NASA research gave lots of nifty things not specific to Space. Yay tupperware and velcro.

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    I ignore shit Theory's, if something is fact you cant ignore it, kinda like Hawking said their wasn't no afterlife as a fact when clearly he does not know.
    No, he said "The convention of an afterlife is a fairytale for people afraid of the dark."

Which it very much is unless you have any evidence suggesting otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch the documentary: Inequality for all (No question it would make some a lot wiser!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    Assumptions have no place in science, either find the answer or don't, never guess. Also I wouldn't put too much stock in anything Hawking says. Sure he went to Harvard, but he graduated at the bottom of his class. The ONLY reason he's famous is because he's the crippled guy.
    He is one of the leading astrophysicists of our time and that has nothing to do with him being crippled. And he didn't go to Harvard.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The New World Order will most likely to happen, when that happens, you and your family will not survive.
    Last edited by Moon-Man; 2014-03-23 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    So, our society falling = end of the world? wat....
    End of the world as we know it.
    I don't know why NASA had to do a study, REM called this long ago. Are they not a respected enough authority on this for Nasa? Elitests.

On topic, saw this study before but I don't know if they were only looking at America when they said society or if they mean the whole world, because from a regular person point of view (and maybe you'll disagree if you live where you were born and have never been elsewhere) the world is fairly one. I grew up on the opposite side of the world to where I was born and now live in the next country over from that. They are all the west so maybe when they said society they meant the west, I'd find it hard to believe that every society across the world would collapse at around the same time, and honestly I don't want to live in the west (well I technically don't but in terms of culture I do) forever either.

Also I wonder how detailed the study was, for example a large reason why wealth disproportion lead to the downfall of society was because people were literally starving, that doesn't happen (often) in developed nations though. Even if you're homeless you can still get food, science and technology have helped with that a lot making food more available. I do feel the world is different enough now that many of the causes of prior societal downfalls will not apply to our current society.

Another example is the rich and powerful of the past were essentially rich and powerful because they were born into it, and of course you do still get the people born with a silver spoon in their mouth nowadays but you also get many people rising from poor to rich or poor to middle class, I recall seeing a statistic that out of developed nations, America actually has the highest percentage of people born in poverty who will stay in poverty with Denmark having the lowest (only something like 20% of people born in poverty will stay in poverty in Denmark iirc)

So to sum up, interesting study but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    The New World Order will most likely to happen, when that happens, you and your family will not survive.
    What if me and my family are part of the new world order?

Yeah, well, no shit. I don´t agree that it will end the world, but it will end the modern way of life. But i suppose that for the majority of mankind the "modern way of life", where you bitch and moan about your white-collar job, was never a thing in the first place. This would only improve the quality of life of everyone but modern countries, in the long turn.
    Last edited by Arlon; 2014-03-23 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    So, our society falling = end of the world? wat....
    Yes, because thats when the wars start and it all ends in mushroom clouds. wat