Unhappy I hate the idea of standing close to boss. So is Mistweaver for me?

I like healing from distance. But all this fist ppl say about doing on bosses puts me off. Is this what Mist Weavr is about?

As a Mistweaver with 13 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar experience, I can tell you that Fistweaving is not required or mandatory for any fight. Thok Heroic is the only fight where it might be worth it, but even then it's totally possible to Mistweave rather than Fistweave.

Mistweavers are considered Melee by a lot (if not all) boss encounter mechanics. It's very rare for you to be targeted by ranged based mechanics, such as Blades on Siegecrafter Heroic and such.

Don't be put off by Mistweaving - It's a lot of fun, but be aware in a 25 Man Environment we're not the best, and if you're in a team with a Discipline Priest, chances are your Healing is going to look shambolic, despite how much effort you put in. In 10 Man though, we're beasts!

Edit: Clarifications
    Last edited by Hyve; 2014-03-23 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    As a Mistweaver with 13 / 14 Heroic Siege of Orgrimmar experience, I can tell you that Fistweaving is not required or mandatory for any fight. Thok Heroic is the only fight where it might be worth it, but even then it's totally possible to Mistweave rather than Fistweave.

Mistweavers are considered Melee by a lot (if not all) boss encounter mechanics. It's very rare for you to be targeted by ranged based mechanics, such as Blades on Siegecrafter Heroic and such.

Don't be put off by Mistweaving - It's a lot of fun, but be aware in a 25 Man Environment we're not the best, and if you're in a team with a Discipline Priest, chances are your Healing is going to look shambolic, despite how much effort you put in. In 10 Man though, we're beasts!

Edit: Clarifications
    Well actually to maximize all your abilities you really should be in melee. Reason being that abilities such as SCK that hit the boss, in return turn into more eminence healing. So it will produce slightly more healing, but if the healing rain for instance is in melee I usually go to the range stacked.

If you don't want to "stand close to the boss", don't play a melee class. Monks are a melee class, even the Mistweaver spec. Go play a Priest, Paladin, Shaman, or Druid if you want to heal without going into melee. Don't listen to these people saying that being at ranged as a MW is an option, it's about as much of an option as telling a Hunter that it's okay if they always stay in melee. Many MW spells and abilities are simply not effective if you don't stand with melee.

Deleted
    You joined at the end of February and you have made 124 threads. Over two threads a day, and I've noticed most of them recently are about trying to choose mistweaver over a priest. Keep one thread open and until you can decide please don't make another thread asking. To answer your question, you can play Mistweaver entirely as ranged - but you will never be as good as one who can play in melee. Disc is more your alley if you like damage healing at range.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2014-03-23 at 10:16 PM.