The button doesn't feel fun to press, despite the damage not being terrible. The reasons, to me:
- The animation is the same as any other strike (compare our animations to Templar's Verdict or Raging Blow..)
- The sound effect isn't particularly appealing and doesn't feel like hitting someone with a sword, nor does it feel DK-ish
- There is no visual effect while the effect is up (unlike most dots)
- The visual effect when detonating is non-existent
- The sound effect when detonating is just the regular "ShadowSpellHit" from Shadow Bolt or any other shadow spell. Not particularly appealing for an execute.
- The icon doesn't depict Soul Reaper at all. The original Lich King icon was much better and I have no idea why it was modified to this new one.
Overall, my complaint isn't that SR is a bad spell or anything, it's that it feels immensely more satisfying to smack things with our other DK spells and I feel happier getting a neat 1million obliterate crit than a 1 million SR crit. Does it make sense logically? no. But that's how it is for me at least.