Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nazgrim is a stupid easy boss in a stupid easy tier. If you think Nazgrim is hard I literally have no idea how you plan to even clear the next wing.

The part that people still think the rage gain from d stance in lfr is in way relevant is entertaining. You literally cannot spawn a ravager from d stance rage. you have to have a tank at like 6 stacks or something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Aha, stack on top of boss, heroic leap rapes the raid. Nice suggestion.
    You have about 3 lifetimes to move out of it. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

On Nazgrim as a whole, it's definitely one of my least favorite bosses this tier. Do not attack phase, plus adds that are spread out for no apparent reason. I like my adds cleavable and stacked, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Youre one of the people who should know better, someone who should be helping those in LFR learn the fight, you know the mechanics but refuse to do the fight properly because its LFR.

As someone who does it on normal you should know what happens when you tunnel the boss.

Congratulations, youre an idiot and a prime example of why people refuse to run the cesspool that is LFR anymore.
    What happens when you tunnel the boss in LFR? Nothing worth paying attention happens. Remember that LFR Def. stance mechanic is different from Flex / Normal / Heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I'm curious now. I've never done SoO LFR because I'd rather eat used syringes and shards of class, but if people tunnel on Nazgrim during defensive stance will that cause a wipe? Or is the LFR version dumbed down to the point where it can still be facerolled even with a full rage bar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Huh, I'm curious now. I've never done SoO LFR because I'd rather eat used syringes and shards of class, but if people tunnel on Nazgrim during defensive stance will that cause a wipe? Or is the LFR version dumbed down to the point where it can still be facerolled even with a full rage bar?
    If it's done enough yes it will wipe the raid. It's excusable if you are first time or haven't done it in awhile and or if you're rotation is attention grabbing but doing it a lot? There's no excuse for that in LFR. It's the "LFR Mentality" that make it painful.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Nazgrim is a stupid easy boss in a stupid easy tier. If you think Nazgrim is hard I literally have no idea how you plan to even clear the next wing.
    Yawn. Went a bit too blatant on this one. Refine your technique before you stroll back into another thread.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yawn. Went a bit too blatant on this one. Refine your technique before you stroll back into another thread.
    Depends on the difficulty really. I'll know how hard he is on normal eventually.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Or is the LFR version dumbed down to the point where it can still be facerolled even with a full rage bar?
    you just explained every LFR fight in a nutshell xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If it's done enough yes it will wipe the raid. It's excusable if you are first time or haven't done it in awhile and or if you're rotation is attention grabbing but doing it a lot? There's no excuse for that in LFR. It's the "LFR Mentality" that make it painful.
    Yeah, it's the LFR mentality that prevents me from touching the LFR button with a 10 foot pole. I'm sure no matter how many times or how politely I would try to ask people not to attack Nazgrim during defensive stance there would still be at least 5 people AFK auto-attacking him through the entire fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Gotta say, having a boss with "don't attack the boss" phase is silly. I came here to attack the goddamn boss.
    I agree that it's kind of a "lazy" mechanic, but it is a good derp check. There are ALWAYS people in LFR who continue to attack. Usually melee who have been tunneling him from the start. Granted, one or two people attacking him in LFR won't wipe you, but it does give you a good idea of who's incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just gonna give you a slow clap.

Youre one of the people who should know better, someone who should be helping those in LFR learn the fight, you know the mechanics but refuse to do the fight properly because its LFR.

As someone who does it on normal you should know what happens when you tunnel the boss.

Congratulations, youre an idiot and a prime example of why people refuse to run the cesspool that is LFR anymore.
    Well you're entitled to your opinion. However, I know I'm not making the fight harder, as others have said, he isn't going to start crapping out unlimited ravagers because of me. Mechanics yo.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty I've only experienced few PUG killers both FLEX and Normal, none of them being Nazgrim. Leaving LFR aside, you cannot blame a company for creating a raid boss cause people are bad with following directions or being ignorant of the surroundings.

But again I guess it depends probably the type of people you run with and how competent your RL is.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Gotta say, having a boss with "don't attack the boss" phase is silly. I came here to attack the goddamn boss.

Never had problems with him on norm/flex tho. Sending the second tank to control/kite the adds for last 10% and it's done.
    That's what our guild does. Send one tank to pick up the extra wave of adds at 10%, send a healer with them to keep them alive, then burn Nazgrim out of range of Warshamans. Works out just fine. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    That's what our guild does. Send one tank to pick up the extra wave of adds at 10%, send a healer with them to keep them alive, then burn Nazgrim out of range of Warshamans. Works out just fine. *shrug*
    I've had people in Flex PuGs insist that Warshamans can still heal the boss even when they're all the way on the other side of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannybear View Post
    I've had people in Flex PuGs insist that Warshamans can still heal the boss even when they're all the way on the other side of the room.
    If the people in raid are the really obnoxious in your face kind of people. I've been known to taunt the boss over to the shamans and their totems. Justice !
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kardacz View Post
    Yeah it's hard for people to actually read the dungeon journal before doing any raiding and use their brain for a few seconds during a fight instead of just randomly pushing their buttons, because I just want to see the content.
    You can ignore 9 out of 10 mechanics in LFR, but reading the journal gives no pointers which is the only one you should care about. Therefore noone bothers reading it.

BTW I've never seen many wipes on Nazgrim, he just dies whatever happens. Whenever people don't handle adds, it can be a bit tricky, but hitting him during def stance? No problems.
    On the other hand Durumu sucks. If dps is low (and it is low), it doesn't die before the 3 minutes mark and kills 20 out of 25. That stupid eye sore doesn't belong to LFR in that shape and form, this is not the place to learn how to avoid that shit.

if u want a difficult boss, try heroic dark shamans, heroic sha, or even heroic thok/malkorok.. blackfuse tends to be much nastier too..... yet people complain about nazgrim?> hello hes like... boss #7 or something in soo and hes easy at that. just have 1 tank hold back the adds, the other stays on boss for the last 10% rush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    You can ignore 9 out of 10 mechanics in LFR, but reading the journal gives no pointers which is the only one you should care about. Therefore noone bothers reading it.
    Uh yes it does? The dungeon journal has a tank/healer/dps symbol next to abilities that those classes need to specifically watch out for, and instant-kill/raid wiping abilities are also marked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post

BTW I've never seen many wipes on Nazgrim, he just dies whatever happens. Whenever people don't handle adds, it can be a bit tricky, but hitting him during def stance? No problems.
    On the other hand Durumu sucks. If dps is low (and it is low), it doesn't die before the 3 minutes mark and kills 20 out of 25. That stupid eye sore doesn't belong to LFR in that shape and form, this is not the place to learn how to avoid that shit.
    The journal actually does point out which ones are fatal - well, somewhat. I think it's a big red "!" or perhaps a skull next to the ability name if its something that will one-shot you. But even then, I'm willing to bet most people don't even bother to read it simply because its a lot of reading. It tells you what each ability does but not what you should do to avoid or deal with them. I'd much rather watch a video - some strat videos on Youtube are only 5 minutes long and tell you exactly what you need to do, which is the amount of time it'd take you to read every word of the encounter in the journal anyway.

Eye sore is a PITA, I've seen more LFR wipes on Durumu than any other boss due to that. I'll admit, I've died to it a handful of times, and I don't consider myself incompetent at all. I've been raiding since vanilla and cleared just about every raid save for a few when it was still current content, and eye sore is by far one of the most annoying mechanics IMO. It's not even about "don't stand in shit", its more like Blizzard was like "hey lets make a fucking maze using tiny purple squiggly lines on a similarly-colored floor that will one-shot you if you can't find the path which is almost impossible to see if you don't have your spell effects set to ultra which most people don't because we made it so there's so much AoE and shit flying around in raids that most people's PCs can't even handle it. Why? Just to screw with people."