Thread: Are you brave ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    avoiding guys wearing masks at 4 am in the morning is a good idea, unless it was really cold out and they wanted to give you guys a ride, but who knows?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    avoiding guys wearing masks at 4 am in the morning is a good idea, unless it was really cold out and they wanted to give you guys a ride, but who knows?
    haha good one , but they didn't quite have the 'oh , let me help you guys out' look on their faces , more a 'i'll gut you and rob you' look

10+ Year Old Account
    People think I'm brave, but it's really just a propensity for violence. I want trouble to find me because I'm misanthropic and love hurting people who give me an excuse.

I acknowledge it's a bad character trait, I just don't care about removing it.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Could you give us the month at least, since it could be those 2 that were following you or running after you were fooling around during the masquerade times. I am asking this just because if something similar to this happened to me during that time (when ppl go around in masks etc.) i would stop and take it as a trick, could be a big mistake i know. On other hand if it happened in some random time, would probably run, but cant say for sure, since here where i live ppl dont have a tendency to carry guns or knives around as much as in some other countries.

Oh also dont know if anyone linked this, but the thing you described kinda remind me of this prank, thats why i asked for when it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSa8gRvxCg
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-03-24 at 08:57 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, yes I think so. I hope so anyway. So far, I've only once lost my head to blind panic (was swarmed by fire ants...really hard to stay any sort of focused). Other times, when there is impending danger I've found myself able to push aside the fear or at the very least, work through it enough to solve the problem even though I may be hyperventilating and really terrified, especially when my fear for a friend kicks in.

Edit: Just read the OP properly, my examples are not really in line with what it meant. Never really been in such a situation myself, the worst was when a friend was fighting another dude, but both could handle themselves and I got pissed off because they almost broke my PS2, so I was more concerned with that at that point.
    Last edited by Mavecryst; 2014-03-24 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    People think I'm brave, but it's really just a propensity for violence. I want trouble to find me because I'm misanthropic and love hurting people who give me an excuse.

I don't know whether to shun you or give you a high five.

Deleted
    After some triangle drama in my friend circle, two guys attacked the offender with hammer and knife. He was sitting in my couch when they attacked him and i dragged the hammer guy away first then grabbed the knife guy from the chest and started yelling him that he isn't going to kill anyone in my apartment. At one point i was sure he was going to stab me but i managed to calm down everyone a bit, just enough to let the victim flee..

Then i ordered the victim to leave while keeping these two from killing him. After that we went to my car and i gave him a lift because no way he would have survived alone in the outside, the two would've killed him there.

He was fucking lucky to get away with couple small wounds in hands and few bruises in shoulder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post

That's pretty pathetic.

OnT: No, am not. I'll run if something happens if I can.

Deleted
    Being brave =/= being stupid.

Being brave would be pushing someone away from a car or something like that.

At least that's what I think.

To be honest I’m a little stupid, which makes me brave in confrontational situations. Anything involving height though count me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, I carry concealed, so if I was being chased like this, I would have brandished and shown I meant business.
    Like this?

I first produced my pistol and then produced my rapier.
    I said: "Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya".

Musha ring dum-a do dum-a da, Whack for my daddy-o,
    Whack for my daddy-o, There's whiskey in the jar-o
    I woulda so love to see that happen.
    I'd even play the guitar for you, to give it more dramatic effect.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Bravery and stupidity are often confused. Turning around and confronting those people would have simply been stupid. At best they were just messing around to see if they could spook people, and at worst they would have attacked. Either way, there would be nothing to gain from confronting them.

Depends on situation.
    To protect self or friends/loved ones, sure.
    To protect people i don't know, nope.
    Life is short as it is, never been very keen on wasting it for no real reason.