Deleted

Best gold making profession

which is the Best gold making profession?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining /Herbing and a 2nd toon with Alchemy / Jewelcrafting.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    the one you make more money with

there are at least 3 other threads with the same question in this page

Deleted
    This question is asked repeatedly. Why not use the search button and look at all the answers other people have posted on similar threads.

As well as choice of profession there are other factors, such as which realm, supply , demand, stage of expansion, amount of effort you are willing to put in, strategy etc. These have more effect than just choosing the so called best profession. How you go about things will determine how much you make. Normally new posters arent prepared to put the effort in.

Jc always makes a huge amount of gold every new raid tier and continues to make a steady amount of gold all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    Jc always makes a huge amount of gold every new raid tier and continues to make a steady amount of gold all the way.
    Depends on the server. I play on Argent Dawn - EU, and Jwc is pretty much not worth it, as ~60% of the server does not know how to use the AH correctly, and undercuts the prices of gems by huge amounts, making it nearly inefficient to even sell the raw gems as well as cut gems.

Go to your AH, look up the prices of the uncut gems, Sha crystals, Weapon enchants (Mainly Jade Spirit and Dancing Steel), Ghost Iron/Trillium Ore/Bar and the various Pandaria herbs

Jewelcrafting, followed closely by Enchanting and then Smelting.

I can pull in 10k daily with JC if I get to repost a few times.

Avoid gathering professions, they're a waste of time (with the exception of Mining for Smelting only).
    Stormspire.net - Your #1 source for everything WoW gold. Free and friendly forums.
    WoWProfessions.com: Alchemy | Blacksmithing | Enchanting | Engineering | Inscription | Jewelcrafting | Leatherworking | Tailoring | Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    Whichever profession you put time into. Any profession is more or less time in => money out. If you hate mining, but mining has the best time to money conversion on your server, you will not spend much time, so will not get much money.

Deleted
    Leg Armours from Leatherworking sell for about 300g each

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    Honestly it depends on your server. Low server populations make it difficult to use the AH (not enough buyers or sellers who corner the market) whereas high server populations can make the market very cut throat. The undermine journal might be a good place to start since you can look at what seems to sell best (as in highest margin per frequency of sales).

Deleted
    On a high population server prepare to AH camp if you want to make big numbers.

The best thing to do is to find gaps or opportunities in the market. At the moment I'm smelting Ghost Iron Ore, transmuting to Trillium Bars, doing the Living Steel CD on all my alchemists then selling the remainder Trillium Bars (many boosties / alts need it for the Legendary Quest).