Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    It's a clean slate. Players no longer have any expectations, it is not a simple a percent reduction, its a massive redesign of how the damage will scale versus health, how resilience and pvp power will come into effect...
    They haven't got pvp right in 10 years, which means one of two things. One they're just retarded or two they've never been trying to balance pvp like they say they are which kind of points back to one lol.

Also just going to throw this out there remember cata? Yea that had the exact same idea and failed hard. Triage healing? Check. Try and boost hp way over dmg check. The whole "but they're redoing everything" is giving you hope but remember the last 10 years. They always talk a good talk pre expansions then fail hard in the betas. Every x.0 patch has been terrible for pvp for 10 years you think they will get things right in beta this time? After the mess holinka made every single patch of mop? These are the same people that let the stampede bug go all beta and months into live lol.

As a side note it seems they've been failing so hard at the alpha that beta has been delayed a lot doesn't really speak well for this either. And to those who would say we don't know if its delayed or not, either they have been lying to us since blizzcon or they messed and got it delayed again either way is bad. Yes they don't "promise" anything but sure led us on to think it was farther along which if it wasn't that's lying and if it was it means they screwed up.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-03-30 at 04:24 AM.

Deleted
    Well their definition of "promise" seems to always have a loophole somewhere, so if I were you I wouldn't get your hopes on ANY thing until it's there.
    Never ever again will I see anything said by blizzard as a promise.

I like WoW (at least the PvP bit) but it's not the same game I once enjoyed (which is why I finally quit last fall). I genuinely hope they do fix it but I'm certainly not going to hold my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changes they say they are going to implement regarding battle fatigue, health pools, less cc, etc seem to go in the right direction. However, blizzard always seems to leave specs far behind from others and they stay the same the whole expansion, or even years, and they seem to do this deliberately.
    I cant help but to feel wow pvp as a "russian roulette" when it comes for arena viability of the spec u like in every major patch (Ret paladin speaking).

Im still wary about wpvp with the base resil change in 5.3. PVE gear should not dominate pvp in any facet. Sadly I think blizz had the resil sweetspot in TBC but that is probably due to not every class having insane heals/defense/CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    If they remove/cut down on CC's it will make healers even worse to deal with will it not?
    Which is why they are changing cast times and smart healing.

As far as the OP no, I know the game is ever changing so new issues come up all the time, even with that things that were problems years ago still are now.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    They haven't got pvp right in 10 years, which means one of two things. One they're just retarded or two they've never been trying to balance pvp like they say they are which kind of points back to one lol.

Also just going to throw this out there remember cata? Yea that had the exact same idea and failed hard. Triage healing? Check. Try and boost hp way over dmg check. The whole "but they're redoing everything" is giving you hope but remember the last 10 years. They always talk a good talk pre expansions then fail hard in the betas. Every x.0 patch has been terrible for pvp for 10 years you think they will get things right in beta this time? After the mess holinka made every single patch of mop? These are the same people that let the stampede bug go all beta and months into live lol.

As a side note it seems they've been failing so hard at the alpha that beta has been delayed a lot doesn't really speak well for this either. And to those who would say we don't know if its delayed or not, either they have been lying to us since blizzcon or they messed and got it delayed again either way is bad. Yes they don't "promise" anything but sure led us on to think it was farther along which if it wasn't that's lying and if it was it means they screwed up.
    So to sum that: Blizzard sucks, Blizzard sucked, and Blizzard is sucking on the Alpha, delaying the sure to be sucky beta. Got it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I believe that they are trying, don't think they will fix it however. The new talent tree for warriors does look promising but new problems will emerge

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So to sum that: Blizzard sucks, Blizzard sucked, and Blizzard is sucking on the Alpha, delaying the sure to be sucky beta. Got it.
    If you want to put in basic terms yes but the way I put it was backed up with facts of their history. Had I posted like you did it would have just been mindless blizzard hating.

Sometimes they get going good after an expansion is going but every beta has been bad for the most part. They always got some great ideas but seem to be terrible at implementing them. See the recent mmr changes....

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    If you want to put in basic terms yes but the way I put it was backed up with facts of their history. Had I posted like you did it would have just been mindless blizzard hating.

Sometimes they get going good after an expansion is going but every beta has been bad for the most part. They always got some great ideas but seem to be terrible at implementing them. See the recent mmr changes....
    Beta's are for bug fixes and stress testing. Maybe some games use an open beta for a new game as a tool for gauging interest or advertising, but WoW has a substantial player base, so that's not their goal. "Bad" isn't an effective, descriptive word for what they're aiming for.

The MMR fix seemed more like a knee-jerk reaction to an underlying issue than a "change". Different context.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Beta's are for bug fixes and stress testing. Maybe some games use an open beta for a new game as a tool for gauging interest or advertising, but WoW has a substantial player base, so that's not their goal. "Bad" isn't an effective, descriptive word for what they're aiming for.
    They don't use beta just for bug testing. And yes bad is correct word for them ever getting pvp balance in beta. Pvp every x.0 patch has always been broken. They try to balance classes from what you see happen in betas but in the end they always fail at some class or many classes really bad. There hasn't been a x.0 patch without a super op class along with a super up class ever.

It mostly happened because they don't know how much to listen or not listen to players. Here's an example they listened to warriors a lot in beta they didn't listen to rogues at all during beta how did that go for both classes in s12?

The main point is what I've already said they always talk a good talk before betas and fail at implementing the changes properly they wanted to do.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-04-03 at 12:01 AM.

IMO the only way to fix PVP is to remove PVP gear altogether. When you zone into instanced PVP all your stats should be brought down to a pre-determined level , along with everyone else. However open-world pvp as well as the new outdoor pvp zone should be a total free-for-all. Rewards for pvp should be gold, titles, mounts and transmog specific gear, trophies for your garrison and maybe even cool armor dyes ( if blizz ever adds them).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twoxfour View Post
    IMO the only way to fix PVP is to remove PVP gear altogether. When you zone into instanced PVP all your stats should be brought down to a pre-determined level , along with everyone else. However open-world pvp as well as the new outdoor pvp zone should be a total free-for-all. Rewards for pvp should be gold, titles, mounts and transmog specific gear, trophies for your garrison and maybe even cool armor dyes ( if blizz ever adds them).
    Or we could make gaining pvp gear faster, it can take people weeks to gear up toons.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yuppp hearign the promises yet again have me interested but the biggest break in pvp was homogenization.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, not really

i expect way more resources to go into things like pet battles and 6 levels of difficulty for every raid in the game

It's currently at the best state it has ever been in wow history.
    that's a matter of opinion and i disagree vehemently

The same clowns that thought hunters having 3 pvp trinkets and warriors having 10 interrupts was a good idea will find a way to ruin the next expansion as well.