Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Oderus, lead singer of GWAR, dead at 50.

R.I.P. Dave Brockie, aka Oderus

I only got to see you once live, but it was kick ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen them live 3 times. Seen them on New Years one year where I told my sons mother I love her for the first time at midnight as the confetti dropped down and the pouring of fake blood all over us. Amazing show. Hated the music itself though but the show made up for it. I'm sure some good tribute concert will come out of this.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

That, kind of sucks. I will miss being sprayed by blood and "unidentified white matter" D:

Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-03-24 at 04:34 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went through a Gwar phase back in my teens. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Deleted
    Gwho? Guess they weren't that big here in northern Europe.

Is there an over-under on whether drugs were involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Is there an over-under on whether drugs were involved?
    I think the bigger odds are if drugs weren't involved.

He was found dead by his roommates. Haven't heard official cause of death yet.

I'm heavily into metal and I never liked them. I haven't heard one good song from them. Do they even have a hit song?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm heavily into metal and I never liked them. I haven't heard one good song from them. Do they even have a hit song?
    Not likely, but that's not the point of GWAR to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sick of You would be their hit song. Sick of you was played on MTV back in the early 90's. As I stated in my other post I never liked their music either, but their shows are worth seeing at least once.

Last edited by Stevecow; 2014-03-24 at 05:31 PM.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Not likely, but that's not the point of GWAR to begin with.
    So if making good music or having any talent isn't the point then what is?

It's a show band..."good music" is subjective and to say they had no talent is just retarded. We get it, you don't like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP indeed. One of those acts I've always wanted to see live, even if I've never heard any of their music.

So having a hit song determines talent now? Plenty of musicians out there with amazing music that dont have hit songs. And plenty of shit "artists" out there with hits.

Well I keep seeing the same thing over and over. Even their fans are saying their music wasn't that great. But they had costumes and fake blood so I'm leaning more to a kids party entertainer vibe with them. And yes, having a song that's good is a good way of determining talent. Funny how that works. Otherwise I'd be "talented".

RIP...As a Performer you are up with the best. Every time I listened to you or watched your videos I have been entertained every single time. Another God among men is gone.

Well I keep seeing the same thing over and over. Even their fans are saying their music wasn't that great. But they had costumes and fake blood so I'm leaning more to a kids party entertainer vibe with them. And yes, having a song that's good is a good way of determining talent. Funny how that works. Otherwise I'd be "talented".
    If you didn't "get it" when Brockie was alive, you're certainly not going to "get it" when he's dead. So just give up already.

These aren't "Fans". They're haters disguised as fans. And no, you said having a "Hit" song. Gwar had tons of good songs. Here, I'll quote you. "Do they even have a hit song?"

It's the internet, and when things like this get announced, there are people like you who want to shit all over it. Any death thread will have ppl like you in it. And you'll google the subject real quick, and post your hate.

15+ Year Old Account
    My condolences to his friends and family. Regardless of the reason for his death, its still a shame when anyone dies so young. I wasn't a huge fan of their music, but they put on a good show. I played a show with them 10+ years ago and they were all cool people.