Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    so far this is becoming one of the worst raids of my life. so many dumb mistakes, so tilted. if you look at my logs, only look at iron juggernaut/ dark shamans otherwise ill be really embarrassed.

confirmed, worst raid night for me. everything felt clunky. was a mixture of many bad plays and not being used to the 2pc+3hwf, hopefully you get better findings liveet because i really sh*t the bed on this one lol. also, what armor will you be using?
    Last edited by fearist; 2014-07-30 at 04:11 AM.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    so far this is becoming one of the worst raids of my life. so many dumb mistakes, so tilted. if you look at my logs, only look at iron juggernaut/ dark shamans otherwise ill be really embarrassed.

confirmed, worst raid night for me. everything felt clunky. was a mixture of many bad plays and not being used to the 2pc+3hwf, hopefully you get better findings liveet because i really sh*t the bed on this one lol. also, what armor will you be using?
    Sad to hear that it didn't go as you wanted. Iron Jugg and Shamans was very good though, just as you said. I'd Think that the 2p really shines on those fights though, since of the fast kill times. Even more with Worlds best kill timers!
    I hope for a few good ranks/pulls so that I can actually measure it with other logs. I'll be using Mage Armor on pull followed by Molten. I guess that you did the same? (At work so just had to look through the logs in a rush)

no i didnt use molten at all, maybe thats why it felt bad.
    - Jenna Jameson

Hey guys...

Awesome read and I'm embarrassed to say that I've basically neglected any theorycrafting as a semi-hardcore raider (14/14H). Unfortunately I do not have a Heroic BBoY yet (Running HWF Totem), even with Heroic Garry kills. I'll be testing a low haste/high mastery build as soon as I get one though. I have a few questions, first being - Why is BBoY essential for a mastery build? I see the extra ~1000 haste (After reforging half to Crit) as a bonus, but how does it help besides that? I've been running a full haste build lately and now I'm wondering if I should be opening with Mage armor, even without a mastery build? My current stats are 19,597 Crit, 15,197 Haste, & only 3,439 Mastery. My next question regards the time in which you switch back to Molten armor after your burst... Do you use a PoM macro to put up Molten armor PRIOR to your combustion (So the 5% crit affects your ticks), or is it okay to just cast Molten armor (Glyphed) after AT and after your final pyro chain. I've seen mages do both but haven't really dissected logs to see which ends up pulling ahead. I'm really bad at the 5 pyros in 4 sec thing and I usually lag on pull for a couple fights so I don't know if I'll bother at this point... But is it really THAT much better? I don't even see how 2 pyros hitting at once can give you a bigger ignite? Sorry for n00b questions but I'm just not great when it comes to this kind of stuff. I'm mainly good at applying what I read online lol because I've actually still managed to finish around the 80th percentile on good pulls with a full haste build. My last question is whether or not you need to increase awareness when it comes to keeping the 2pc bonus up with a mastery build? Running full haste I barely even pay attention to my 2pc buff stacks because it's almost always up. I feel like an idiot for saying that because obviously you want to maximize that buff and it's up-time but I guess I've been comfortable with my results (Until reading this forum and realizing most top mages are mastery builds lol). Last thing I'm wondering is how you would rank my guild's kills (speed-wise)? We seem to be in the 4-5 minute range for most of the shorter fights but we're very close to breaking into the 3-4 minute range.

I can't post any links otherwise I would link my armory and logs but either way I appreciate any help guys! Again it's amazing reading all of this stuff... I love the mage community.

Deleted
    The point of using BBoY is to game the stacking proc with PBoI and AT to obtain fuckhuge Ignites for Combustion, as in popping AT when the BBoY buff is at about~ 6 stacks so when your last Pyro gets fired off it's at the 10 stack. It's not that BBoY is essential for Mastery build, it's just better period given you have a KTT and a BBoY sitting next to each other at the same ilvl. 15k Haste is quite high, especially at your gear level. You should see an overall DPS increase by dropping a good chunk of that Haste for Mastery, regardless of kill times. I'm running with 10.4k Haste, 10.5k Mastery myself which works well for me, but mileage varies from Mage to Mage depending on both your personal gearing and kill times. I'd say our kill times are a little below average for 14/14H clearing guilds(lolapps/afk's) and yet the high Mastery still works great.

It will definitely take some getting used to for managing your 2pc at lower Haste levels though. It takes quite a bit more attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrod View Post
    The point of using BBoY is to game the stacking proc with PBoI and AT to obtain fuckhuge Ignites for Combustion, as in popping AT when the BBoY buff is at about~ 6 stacks so when your last Pyro gets fired off it's at the 10 stack. It's not that BBoY is essential for Mastery build, it's just better period given you have a KTT and a BBoY sitting next to each other at the same ilvl. 15k Haste is quite high, especially at your gear level. You should see an overall DPS increase by dropping a good chunk of that Haste for Mastery, regardless of kill times. I'm running with 10.4k Haste, 10.5k Mastery myself which works well for me, but mileage varies from Mage to Mage depending on both your personal gearing and kill times. I'd say our kill times are a little below average for 14/14H clearing guilds(lolapps/afk's) and yet the high Mastery still works great.

It will definitely take some getting used to for managing your 2pc at lower Haste levels though. It takes quite a bit more attention.
    Thanks a lot man! Looking forward to a getting my hands on a BBoY and finally trying a different build. I'll probably start with a similar build to what you're running. I figured I'd probably try the 11,663 build first but if anything I can try a bit lower and work my way up.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

there is something with combustion that bothered me for the last few months.
    As far as I understood, Combustion should be a DoT like any other. So when I cast it with all haste procs up and the haste buffs fade, Combustion should tick with the same speed as before. But everytime I look at the debuff tooltip after one of my haste buffs fades, the DoT ticks slower.
    Is this just a tooptip bug or is Combustion a semi-dynamic DoT since the damage the DoT does isnt changing with Ignite.
    I'm going to test this tonight with ticks with full duration BL, ticks with BL cancelled when Combustion is half way through and without any haste buffs.

Also, wouldn't it be better to macro Combustion with Berserking in multidot fights to get the maximum damage of Combustion if it actually changes dynamically?
    Last edited by mmocc02da73bad; 2014-08-04 at 11:54 PM.

hey liv, how did your raid week go?
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Hey guys,

there is something with combustion that bothered me for the last few months.
    As far as I understood, Combustion should be a DoT like any other. So when I cast it with all haste procs up and the haste buffs fade, Combustion should tick with the same speed as before. But everytime I look at the debuff tooltip after one of my haste buffs fades, the DoT ticks slower.
    Is this just a tooptip bug or is Combustion a semi-dynamic DoT since the damage the DoT does isnt changing with Ignite.
    I'm going to test this tonight with ticks with full duration BL, ticks with BL cancelled when Combustion is half way through and without any haste buffs.

Also, wouldn't it be better to macro Combustion with Berserking in multidot fights to get the maximum damage of Combustion if it actually changes dynamically?
    This is because tooltips are dynamic. The tooltip shows what would happen if you casted combustion -NOW-, not the last time you casted it. Your combustion will keep ticking for the same, with the same speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    This is because tooltips are dynamic. The tooltip shows what would happen if you casted combustion -NOW-, not the last time you casted it. Your combustion will keep ticking for the same, with the same speed.
    I don't think he refers to the actual tooltip of the spell. Try to mouseover combustion after you've cast it on the target. The actual combustion debuff on the target will scale with your haste.

Edit: But, the tooltip is wrong. Combustion does indeed snapshot haste and crit.
    Last edited by mmoc09d635862c; 2014-08-07 at 07:44 PM.