Page 8 of 179 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tinkerers fill a technological niche that is sort of missing in WoW, outside of the Engineering profession which is kind of lacking. There IS easily material for an entire class, the Gnomes and Goblins would get a poster class and it fits into Warcraft as it is now (aforementioned Engineering aswell as the Gnomes/Goblins have paved the way).

I whole-heartedly support Tinkerers as a playable class. I'd much, much rather see the Tinkerer class than I would the Demon Hunter class.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually, for every boss that rides into battle on a mech, we have 2-3 times more quests/PVP/ and Boss fights where we drive a mech into battle. Also your comparison doesn't work. Because what you are asking for is a Profession to be made into a class that copies everything from a current class (Hunter/Warrior) and from the Profession Engineering.

Actually that's false. What I'm asking for is the Tinker hero from WC3 combined with the Alchemist hero from WC3. This tech class would use the Hammer Tank, or mechanical backpack seen in almost every Tinker iteration:

http://i1.2pcdn.com/node14/image/art...ypklkcoqo4.jpg
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...t_Seaclock.jpg
    http://img.blog.zdn.vn/7584197.jpg
    http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...roes_Rend1.jpg
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...Epictinker.jpg

And the ability set;

Pocket Factory
    Creates a factory which automatically constructs Clockwerk Goblins. Clockwerk Goblins explode upon death, causing damage to nearby enemy units

Cluster Rocket
    Bombards an area with rockets, stunning enemy land units for 1 second and damaging nearby enemy units.

Engineering Upgrade
    Improves other Tinker abilities with each level learned;

Cluster Rockets - Larger Area.
    Pocket Factory - Builds Clockwerk Goblins more quickly.
    Robo-Goblin - Increases armor and Strength; enhances Demolish.

Also gives bonus damage and increases the Tinker's movement speed.

Healing Spray
    Sprays waves of healing mist that heals units in a target area.

Acid Bomb
    Hurls a flask of acid at a target. The flask breaks upon impact, splashing a powerful acid on nearby hostile units. Decreases armor; deals slightly less damage over time to nearby targets.

Rock-It! Turret
    Creates a turret that deals 30 damage. Attacks slow movement speed by 25%. Lasts for 30 seconds.

Deth Lazor
    Gazlowe charges his laser. When he releases the laser, it fires, with its range and damage depending on how long Gazlowe charged his laser.

Xplodium Charge
    Places a bomb that deals 65 damage to enemies within target area after 4 seconds, stunning them for 2 seconds.

Grav-o-bomb 3000
    Pulls enemies towards the center of the target area after a 1.5 second delay and deals 150 damage.

Robo-Goblin
    Transforms in to an unstoppable Robo-Goblin. Basic Attacks deal damage to minions and structures. Also charges Deth Lazor and explodes Xplodium Bombs twice as fast. Lasts for 16 seconds.

Salvage.
    Gazlowe can pick up scraps of his old creations to regenerate mana and reduce cooldowns.

Let me know if any of that is in either Hunter, Warrior, or within the Engineering profession.

As for the mounted combat experience, which is your big focus on your Tinker class, it was promised in TBC, it was partially implemented in Wrath, and put on the back burner after cataclysm. Being a tinker in game means you are an Engineer doing Mounted Combat. If we didn't have World PVP they would have already implemented it, as they figured out several methods over the years, and frankly it is frustrating that they nerf Engineering every expansion and refuse to implement vehicle combat which is now in the base code of the game.
    Nope. See above. The Tinker isn't in mounted combat. They wear a robotic backpack that is a weapons platform, and a location for utility support. It is a way of utilizing a mech concept without actually having the character inside a mech.

I find your class concept offensive and demeaning to the game, if implemented it would literally kill WOW. Of course since you do not read nor understand any objection to you idea, and because you approach this idea as fact. You will continue to troll these forms and others, with this idea.
    When the objection to the idea is as ridiculous as saying that it would "kill WoW", I have no choice but to ignore it. Its a nonsensical objection to this class idea which would fit perfectly in the game world.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-03-24 at 11:04 AM.

Personally I wouldnt want to see them put "tinkers" in as "tinker" is an offensive and derogatory term used for wandering Irish and Scottish Travelers (gypsies)

Idk, I don't like the sound of them, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    Sometimes people like stupid things.
    I guess this covers it, thats my opinion anyway.
    [email protected] | 8gb RAM | Geforce GTX 660 OC | 120gb SSD
    Druid (Main)World first 9000/9000HC 10minutes/week

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Don't care, I'm just waiting for Thrall to become a playable class.
    only if the class has a self res spell with a 3 day cool down
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    We really did not need another one of these threads... it's just the same handful of people arguing the same shit over and over again.
    This, I'm pretty sure Tinkers aren't "so popular" and it's like 3 guys who actually want them.

With the exception of zeppelins, your examples are a laundry list of things players I find disconcerting and/or contradictory to fantasy. Does "lore, LOL" ring any bells?
    Fixed that for you. Like it or not, it is there, it is all over the place, and it has been since those Dwarfs working on their steam tanks in Vanilla. If you have a lore based objection, take it up with which ever devs keep putting this stuff in.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

some ppl like thinking of some exotic and strange concepts that doesn't rly fit to the game but are extremely unique like Arakkoa(ok ppl think of arakkoa just because they think that 2nd draenor exp is possible and they are looking for another Draenor race to become playable with ogres), space goats or pandas as playable race or tinker, technoslayer or artificer as a class.

Well..one needs to get their minds around the fact that forums are not a place to take unbiased polls.

-We have Blizzard saying, Pandaren were the most popular race request since Classic, to the point that they were planned as a race for TBC
    - Now we have forums relentlessly hating on Pandaren

And in case you think this is invalid because you think Blizzard just lies:

-People on this forum (and everywhere else) loved flying so much, they pushed and pushed until flying became possible in Azeroth. I would argue, that the whole damn Cataclysm X-pac followed from Blizzard thinking "how can we explain we have to redo Azeroth to allow flying?"

- Now people on this forum now make endless "hooray no flying" and "flying was the worst idea evah" threads (though in all fairness there are enough people pushing for still being able to fly)

So..does this forum represent how Tinkers are popular? Don't think so...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Its associated with a future Tinker class due to it being tech-themed.
    Completely irrelevant if you're associating it with a 'future class' that may well never come to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    It's not a measure of intelligence, it is asking for a different game and game play style found in other games to be applied to WOW solely on the lack of understanding that the idea of tinker in WOW is anyone can be a tinker, you can be a warrior and a tinker, a hunter and a tinker. Basically, tinker is a profession in WOW and not a class. That is the reason we have quests where we drive mechs and do vehicle combat and not a class that does that. So when people think tinker fans are idiots, is because they clearly don't want to play WOW.

On top of that the 5 people who constantly beg for Tinkers are some of the biggest trolls in MMO-C. They have no desire to listen to the long list of reasons why Tinkers are a bad idea, they ignore the fact that when asked Blizzard Dev members have laughed in their faces. So yes you might think it is a fallacy to judge a person asking for Tinkers, but the reality is they themselves have proven they are idiots over the last 3 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Gnome Mage, with Engineering.
    ThAT is not a mage, infact its from wow tcg, and it says its a tinker

I do not really think that tinkers are popular. in comparison to Demon Hunters which naturally fal under sympahy of players, tinker case is artificial, one person hype spread.

Tinkers are popular enough, and it's not just bound to MMO-Champ forums. They're a well-established class in the WoW universe, and their role is getting more vivid with every expansion. like it or not steam-punk elements are a part of Warcraft setting, just like druidism and shamanism, we have two races (Gnomes and Goblins) that are tinker-themed races in Azeroth.

Tinkers can fill a gap no other class has, or is able to, fill and that is science. they are unique and versatile, because they can almost fill any role.

The difference between engineering and tinkering has been explained times and times, to the point that I believe if you're really serious about seeing an explanation (and not just using the excuse to blindly bash and troll on the forums) about this you would've searched for it already and read the posts explaining the difference between the two of them.

so yeah : unique class, unique theme, well-established role in warcraft universe, enough popularity. these three alone are enough to defend the tinker as a potential class.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    unique class, unique theme, well-established role in warcraft universe, enough popularity. these three alone are enough to defend the tinker as a potential class.
    One, that's four things. Two, it's not a unique theme, as the theme is taken by engineering. Three, the role is not well established. We have titans, and we have tinkers, neither of which are well explained in the lore. Seemingly, it all runs on magic. Ironic, seeing as how magic is well explained in the lore. Four, a handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    One, that's four things. Two, it's not a unique theme, as the theme is taken by engineering.
    Engineering is not a class, so no the theme is still wide open. No class utilizes technology as a theme, yet advanced technology exists throughout the gameworld.

Three, the role is not well established. We have titans, and we have tinkers, neither of which are well explained in the lore.
    The role is very common among Gnomes and Goblins. Siegecrafter Blackfuse is just the most recent example.

Seemingly, it all runs on magic. Ironic, seeing as how magic is well explained in the lore. Four, a handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.
    Technology in WoW is just as well explained, with several different branches and styles.

I'll leave the design to Blizzard.

One, that's four things. Two, it's not a unique theme, as the theme is taken by engineering. Three, the role is not well established. We have titans, and we have tinkers, neither of which are well explained in the lore. Seemingly, it all runs on magic. Ironic, seeing as how magic is well explained in the lore. Four, a handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.
    Thanks for my new sig.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Engineering is not a class, so no the theme is still wide open. No class utilizes technology as a theme, yet advanced technology exists throughout the gameworld.

The role is very common among Gnomes and Goblins. Siegecrafter Blackfuse is just the most recent example.

Technology in WoW is just as well explained, with several different branches and styles.

The theme is taken by engineering. We do not need a Tinker Class, To much of a lap with engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatecore View Post
    The theme is taken by engineering. We do not need a Tinker Class, To much of a lap with engineering.
    Please explain how a Tinker tanking a raid, soloing content in a DPS spec, or healing an ally in PvP overlaps with an Engineer gathering a bunch of scraps to make a pair of goggles, and trinkets.

If the theme exists it exists... Since it's a skill you can already pick the engineering theme for your character. Having engineering class on top of it would be just redundant.

Who's to say those goblins and gnomes aren't just specced into engineering skill? There's no in-game evidence towards an actual engineering based class (and most raid bosses can't be classified under any clear-cut category anyway as they have skills from multiple classes and professions, and bunch of totally unique skills on top).

There used to be gnomish engineering and goblin engineering branches before in the game for the engineering tradeskill back when all skills had specializations. Goblin engineering, or tinkering as you call it has already existed in the game for years, just not in the form you'd like it to be.

So why all the silly class abilities you're listing in the tinkerer threads? Those are attempt at design, and pretty poor ones to be honest.

Most blatant example of poor design to illustrate the point: "engineering upgrade" skill you listed in post #142 of this thread does essentially exactly the same thing that glyphs do for all other classes, modify abilities. Have you put any thought at all on the abilities or just copy&pasting that shit from WC3?