Deleted

What happened to some self criticism?

All over every WoW forums, there are thousand and thousands of threads and post regarding "Omg <insert class/specc> is op", "Fix <insert class/specc>", "Logs show <insert class/specc> is OP", "Sims show <insert class/specc> is to strong", "Nerf <insert class/specc> already " and so on.

And everywhere dps ranks are beeing compared to logs and sims. What I'm wondering, hand to your heart, is the logs/sims reflecting in reality when you play the game? Are you pulling the amount of dps that you should be doing according to sims?
    I very often think it doesn't.

I'm consider myself a casual player, but I believe that I know my class pretty good and that I'm a pretty solid player. Clearing hc raids, doing m+12 for weekly chest and so on. Usually I pug most of the things, and there the dps meter arent always as showed in rankings. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I most certainly is not. I don't have 100% uptime on buffs and debuffs, and sometimes press the wrong key and so on.

The problem with this is that it's reflecting in the community, in forums & whats beeing suggested to devs from players. Everyone is comparing classes/specc as if they where played at their optimal level, when in fact very few players push the numbers to be close to sims/ top rankings on logs. Imo if you are on top rankings for your class but get beaten by a scrub player from another class, then you should be entitled to rank about class balance. But until then, go fix your own dps and stop whining to blizzard to fix it for you.

So instead of comparing classes/speccs in top rankings and sims against each other. Compare yourself against the sims and the top rankings of your specc. And see what the different is and what your not doing that makes you lose dps compared to the top dogs. And spoiler, no it's not just gear.

Then maybe just maybe we can discuss some more interesting things, rather than more or less every single class beeing discussed if they should be nerfed/buffed.

Deleted
    Well, noways everyone thinks they are top dogs. Everyone did Mythic En like when it came out etc. don't you know? The game is to easy and blizz only fucks up classes ever and its never the players fault... you see it cant be them ..... but the funny thing is , ok so everyone is godlike good in the game and dose the max dps ever on forums, but if you play in-game HAHAHAHAA not even close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowwe View Post
    All over every WoW forums, there are thousand and thousands of threads and post regarding "Omg <insert class/specc> is op", "Fix <insert class/specc>", "Logs show <insert class/specc> is OP", "Sims show <insert class/specc> is to strong", "Nerf <insert class/specc> already " and so on.

And everywhere dps ranks are beeing compared to logs and sims. What I'm wondering, hand to your heart, is the logs/sims reflecting in reality when you play the game? Are you pulling the amount of dps that you should be doing according to sims?
    I very often think it doesn't.

I'm consider myself a casual player, but I believe that I know my class pretty good and that I'm a pretty solid player. Clearing hc raids, doing m+12 for weekly chest and so on. Usually I pug most of the things, and there the dps meter arent always as showed in rankings. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I most certainly is not. I don't have 100% uptime on buffs and debuffs, and sometimes press the wrong key and so on.

The problem with this is that it's reflecting in the community, in forums & whats beeing suggested to devs from players. Everyone is comparing classes/specc as if they where played at their optimal level, when in fact very few players push the numbers to be close to sims/ top rankings on logs. Imo if you are on top rankings for your class but get beaten by a scrub player from another class, then you should be entitled to rank about class balance. But until then, go fix your own dps and stop whining to blizzard to fix it for you.

So instead of comparing classes/speccs in top rankings and sims against each other. Compare yourself against the sims and the top rankings of your specc. And see what the different is and what your not doing that makes you lose dps compared to the top dogs. And spoiler, no it's not just gear.

Then maybe just maybe we can discuss some more interesting things, rather than more or less every single class beeing discussed if they should be nerfed/buffed.
    Statistics are always a good base for a discussion, and much more so than anecdotes.

How the statistics are used is entirely up to the ones presenting the arguments, some are good and present strong cases, some fling them around in a vacuum and believe they can exert the full power of all mighty truth from it.

This does not change the community have evolved, and instead of an ignorant community, we are slowly steering toward a more fact based community, and hopefully with time, we will get more "clever" presenters.

Just like voting and education in society.

It's indeed a weird phenomenon. Everyone talks about their damage or healing like they are outputting the most or playing with people who parse nothing but 99th percentiles, and uses that to compare everything. Even in threads talking about raid fights and what to do/what they are doing wrong, the only things mentioned are usually stat allocation or some legendary you are missing, or some "superior" spec that is the reason you are not doing well. Almost always, no one ever mentions or looks at their own rotation, and most of the people who read those posts and reply also don't assume that their rotation could be wrong, but instead just buys into everything else the person is saying about his performance.

Maybe MMO-C is just a gathering of elite players, and I'm unlucky and never meet any of them in PuGs or even half pugs.

Deleted
    There is nothing to much to comment on this, people will be people, and NEVER EVER HAPPY, My guild just did 7/7 EN HC... and it was good, we never ever complain that other classes are op or that blizz Nerf ours , everyone try to improve etc... but i bet you people would say my guild sucks , that we are to slow, cos sure everyone else already did 10 time mythic EN. But you know whats funny? Doing pugs or Mythic dung , we nearly always outperform people... i rarely ever now do pugs .... only with guildies, you know why? Coze in the pugs everyone is the best and elite... even so elite that a pug cant clear karazan and you are 4 hours on the first 2 bosses, but with the guild we clear all in 2 attempts of 3 hoers .. i know its not best ... but compered to the pugs it is... there are some people who clear kara in 3 hours or less... but i know i will be called scrub... eater way its funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    It's indeed a weird phenomenon. Everyone talks about their damage or healing like they are outputting the most or playing with people who parse nothing but 99th percentiles, and uses that to compare everything. Even in threads talking about raid fights and what to do/what they are doing wrong, the only things mentioned are usually stat allocation or some legendary you are missing, or some "superior" spec that is the reason you are not doing well. Almost always, no one ever mentions or looks at their own rotation, and most of the people who read those posts and reply also don't assume that their rotation could be wrong, but instead just buys into everything else the person is saying about his performance.

Maybe MMO-C is just a gathering of elite players, and I'm unlucky and never meet any of them in PuGs or even half pugs.
    It's the internet. That's what people on the internet do. There's a running gag over on reddit's League of Legends community that "everybody's Challenger." Combine that with some good 'ol fashioned Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory and you have the recipe for 95% of the posts on this forum.

Deleted
    It's easier to make an excuse as to why someone is doing too much than to admit you're doing too little, though the best players realise your rank on Skada doesn't necessarily reflect your abilities or usefulness to the raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Better gear, gems, chants, and knowing your rotations for single and multi-target. Being really good at WoW is not tough. Between WoWHead, Icy-Veins, and YouTube, there are no hidden tricks to being the best at your class/spec. It's all about personal responsibility and some players refusing to have any.