Deleted

Dark shamans hc help! paladin?

Hey!

We are a small casual guild of mostly irl friends that are slowly progressing through heroics. It feels like we hit the first hard boss in dark shamans and even if we killed it last week it feels like we got problems to kill it this week.

We are doing normal tactics to split them with a rdruid solo healing the tanks and using disc + resto shaman for the rest. Even if I read that some other guild do 2 healers for the tank grp.

The main problem we have is that it feels like the paladin tank is taking way to much dmg (low uptime on migration cd?) also our rdruid got low harmony uptime. Dps is ok it feels like but any help would be great.

Here are some logs from last week kills and our tries this week

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/mne2f...?s=6743&e=7248

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ii09c...pes&boss=71859

Please help our paladin out!

On phone so excuse short version.

hes not using seal of insight. He also needs to spec ef and use it. Fix tbis and he'll feel solid

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your tanks and the split you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    On phone so excuse short version.
    Epic.

Did you try having one tank+healer with 1boss+slimes and the rest at the other boss?
    Imo very easy fight if u do like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this split is better and from what i've read i think the OP is doing it the other way around.
    Try
    - Disc + 1 tank down with Kardris
    - Rest up with Haromm (2 healers)
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-03-24 at 08:46 AM.

Your tanks are getting the nature damage debuff from Haromm, this is the reason people use 2 healers to heal the 2 tanks, without enough targets Haromm casts Toxic mists on the tanks, which subsequently results in tons of damage taken from Froststorm strike, which is okay for a lot of overgeared people, but most first kills were done with 2 healers with the Haromm tanks.

If you are determined on doing it with only 1 healer with the Haromm tanks then have the pally tank take Hand of Purity, it lines up perfectly with the tank swap timers so it can be used right after the 4th strike to help reduce damage taken until the 5th stack goes out, and it will be back up again before the tank even needs to taunt again.

Aside from that he should probably swap to Eternal Flame and focus on keeping that up on himself as well as the other 2 people with him over using SoTR since the main cause of HP spikes is magic damage. He had quite a few deaths where one of his last casts was SoTR, whereas even untalented WoG would have saved him more than 1 melee swing doing less damage.

Looking at some of his Divine protection usage, he's using it often, but sometimes not at the right time. DP is long enough to cover 2 hits from froststorm strike, and as such should be used on the last 2 hits, the timing can be a bit tricky, but its doable, and using it too late on the last hit is better than using it too early and taking full damage from the last hit.
    Last edited by Kraineth; 2014-03-24 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yeah this split is better and from what i've read i think the OP is doing it the other way around.
    Try
    - Disc + 1 tank down with Kardris
    Cannot say this enough. This is how you should do the fight, period. It's so much easier. Any good tank can be the Kardriss tank, but kiting is easiest for monks and IMO, warriors are magnificent for neutralizing the damage (defensive stance passively stops iron prison from killing, shockwave keeps adds under control in tight situations and spell reflect is incredibly OP).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Cannot say this enough. This is how you should do the fight, period. It's so much easier. Any good tank can be the Kardriss tank, but kiting is easiest for monks and IMO, warriors are magnificent for neutralizing the damage (defensive stance passively stops iron prison from killing, shockwave keeps adds under control in tight situations and spell reflect is incredibly OP).
    Thanks all you are amazing!

Say that we switch to - Disc + 1 tank down with Kardris
    How do the warr tank deal with the slimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If you are determined on doing it with only 1 healer with the Haromm tanks then have the pally tank take Hand of Purity, it lines up perfectly with the tank swap timers so it can be used right after the 4th strike to help reduce damage taken until the 5th stack goes out, and it will be back up again before the tank even needs to taunt again.
    This isn't quite right - you ideally need to time Purity according to the debuff, not the tank swapping. The last two ticks of Toxic Mist are the killers, so the ideal usage of Purity is when you've got 4 or 5 seconds left of the debuff, so that it catches both the last two ticks. It only reduces non-DoT damage by 10%, so it's not much help with the Froststorm Strikes - if it lines up with the 4th/5th strikes then grand, but just consider that a bonus, not the key thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lirakaka View Post
    Thanks all you are amazing!

Say that we switch to - Disc + 1 tank down with Kardris
    How do the warr tank deal with the slimes?
    I'm the disc priest that goes with our warrior tank alt to deal with slimes for this fight and it's very easy. Take divine star and void tendrils. The slimes AoE is a very small radius and you can hit them (even melee) without getting AoE'd, but attacks with some range are the safest (thunderclap, shockwave). Some people don't even try to kill the oozes, but I recommend you whittle them down with your divine star and the tank's damage (I even throw out a few mind sears).

The first part of the fight starts as normal with both bosses and the dogs together while you kill the dogs. We just go cleave-crazy and we usually get two sets of iron prison before we split them up. Some of these will inevitably go on the Haromm group, buts it's okay, they just need to use cooldowns to survive. After the split, every iron prison will go on the two people at Kardriss. Depending on how the first ones go out, you will either get them split up (30s duration on priest, 60s duration on warrior) or timed together. If they time together, Kardriss will flip out and start spamming iron prison. This is also okay, just let her do it. When prison is about to expire, the priest can apply a shield to both targets to ensure survival, but the warrior won't need anything unless he's at low health when it goes off as defensive stance eats 25%. Shield barrier can eat another big chunk. Between my shields, his shields and defensive stance, he frequently doesn't even lose health when it explodes. If he is low on HP when it comes, he can use cooldowns. My warrior takes mass reflect and saves it for the prison falling off, to make sure he doesn't take a lightning bolt to the face at the exact same time as the prison debuff, and uses his normal spell reflect whenever he pleases (which adds up to a lot of reflected damage back at Kardriss and a lot less damage taken for the warrior). If you get the kiting right, very little healing is required (a good Blood DK can solo Kardriss).

You should try to keep Kardriss away from Haromm's hill to prevent closing the gap between them as Haromm's group moves down the hill. Thunderclap and shockwave should be enough to pick up the oozes as they spawn, but if any get away the priest can get aggro on them (pennance, smite, shadow word: pain) or root them with tendrils until the warrior can. If you totally screw up and they go up the hill, it's still fine, you just need to tell the ranged DPS at Haromm that they're coming so the can kill them on their way up the hill. The priest and warrior will need to learn to move together and I've personally found it ideal to stay a few yards in front of my tank. You don't want to get split up with tornados, falling ash and oozes between you. And a well-timed life-grip can help the tank out of tight situations.
    Last edited by Adhemar; 2014-03-24 at 08:43 PM.