Deleted

BrM help SoO 10m normal

Im tanking in our casual guild together with an blood dk. On some fights i feel that i drop health alot faster the him. So Im wanted to ask u ppl so i can improve my gameplay. Got logs from last nights raid.

Log: seems i cant post links due to new account. But on worldoflogs, eu the mealstrom, high valued targets

My armory: EU the mealstrom, Snöörett

Pls share ur thoughts about my play

Deleted
    Hello fredde,

That you drop health faster then a Deathknight is normal, because they are plate and have selfshields/heals. Looking at your logs I can't see anything bad. You have a decent amount of uptime on shuffle and Elusive Brew, so you do know what you are doing. The only improve I can see is maybe to try to keep up your Guard a bit more, but this depends on the fight.

Maybe someone else see's more then me ;-D

For you;
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...6rett/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ct054...3o8/details/3/

- - - Updated - - -

you can lose those crit/stam gems and those 320 agi gems, not really useful for BrM. go crit/hit or exp/crit in blue/red slots.

as for dmg taken, WoL is a bit of a pain when it comes to looking @ logs for monks because of stagger..

regardless, your uptimes aren't bad, blood DK is a bad comparison. I wouldn't worry about it. If you aren't dying then it doesn't matter. You're health will spike from time to time, thats just the nature of the class.

Deleted
    Link to logs and armory for convenience:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ct054...3o8/details/3/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...6rett/advanced

Your shuffle looks fine on single target fights without movement, but could be improved on other fights. Once your shuffle drops, you're extremely vulnerable, so make sure it's up at any time you're receiving physical damage.

Apart from that, you could probably manage your cooldowns a bit better. Don't randomly Guard, but use it proactively for predictable spikes: High stack Froststorm Strikes, 3rd stack Ignite Armor, Corrosive Blast, you name it. BigWigs or DBM will show you timers on such abilities, so it's not rocket science. It's far more important to have cooldowns up for such spikes than for a few random boss melee swings which are trivial to heal through.

Deleted
    Thanks all for the input, im gonna try to improve, especially the use of Guard.
    Just an wonder, give up the agi gem, would it be better to go with the 480 crit gem instead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fredde106 View Post
    Thanks all for the input, im gonna try to improve, especially the use of Guard.
    Just an wonder, give up the agi gem, would it be better to go with the 480 crit gem instead?
    Yes, Agi provides little significant gains for BrM due to how vengeance currently works.

Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    Yes, Agi provides little significant gains for BrM due to how vengeance currently works.
    Unless its trinket procs, that 12.4k agi turns into like 6-7% crit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    They asked about a gem, not a trinket proc. Point for point crit/mastery are more valuable than agility imo. Agility to AP is dwarfed by the levels of vengeance you obtain in raid and the agility to crit ratio is significantly worse than just gemming for crit. Agi procs on the other hand are a different beast entirely.

Deleted
    Thanks for ur advice. I gonna try to gem crit/exp instead of crit/stam and jc crit instead for jc agi and try that on our next raid. And ofc try to use guard more and more when its needed.

The i may ask another question, Im thinking back and forth if i gonna use dps trinkets like haromm or stam trinket. Is the procc worth more then the hp pool?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fredde106 View Post
    Thanks for ur advice. I gonna try to gem crit/exp instead of crit/stam and jc crit instead for jc agi and try that on our next raid. And ofc try to use guard more and more when its needed.

The i may ask another question, Im thinking back and forth if i gonna use dps trinkets like haromm or stam trinket. Is the procc worth more then the hp pool?
    The agi proc won't give you a higher survival benefit than the stamina + the other effect those trinkets have until you're certain you have enough health to survive the biggest of bursts. Use tanking trinkets first if you need the survivability, then consider changing to trinkets that give more dps if you feel comfortable enough for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    Well, change that 12.4k agi to 24.8k crit, since we're talking about gems here.

The way I see a tank's role in a raid is being an unpenetrable shield. This is our one and only purpose (whatever Blizz screwed up in MoP and made tanks do ridiculous amounts of damage, shouldn't matter in the long run cause our damage isn't our primary focus especially since It's being nerfed back down come WoD). Hence why you should always choose trinkets that boost your survivability over trinkets that add to your DPS, up to a point when you (and your healers) can keep you good enough without the aid of trinket procs / on-use effects. At that point switching to trinkets like Haromm is the answer (or using situational trinkets like the AoE one etc).
    Alternatively, if you progress on a boss and your raid's DPS doesn't seem to cut it, your own DPS as a tank starts to matter more and more (in 10 man environment mostly). At those times when you're stuck on a "wall" and need more DPS generally (if you hit the enrage etc), I'd go all out DPSing and switch the trinkets accordingly.

Well the way that you see it and the way it is are different. The bottom line is that DPS does matter for tanks (right now - whether you think it should or shouldn't).
    Tanks do just as much if not more than a dps, so, why would you take a DPS thats not performing right? - same goes for a tank.
    Your dmg -does- matter. Every progression boss I start in DPS gear/trinkets. If I feel like it is too dangerous, I'll swap to tank-y stuff. If not, I'm staying in my dps shit and pushing as much damage as possible.
    Every single boss in SoO is tankable in full dps gear/trinkets.
    In WoD this will change, but right now, the whole "you should always choose trinkets that boost your survivability" is ridiculous and just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    but right now, the whole "you should always choose trinkets that boost your survivability" is ridiculous and just not true.
    Please show me where I ever said this. I never said always, I said up to a point he feels comfy and stable without surv trinkets.

Ofc tank DPS matters, there is no doubt about it and even if you play as defensively as possible and you have a decent idea of the class - you're gonna pull high numbers. I'm just saying there's no reason on earth going all mad DPS-mode and especially not on the start of progression on a boss. When you start progressing you'd much rather go defensive to see how your raid handles the mechanics while you are staying alive, or contributing as much as you can to staying alive and then twitch your gameplay and trinkets according to the results. The longer you're up during progression, the faster you'll get to learn later phases of a fight which will result in faster progress. After all, maxing damage isn't the primary job of a tank, no matter what MoP turned the game to be.

What's the point in going with DPS trinkets and gear head in first (especially on progression) and taking a potential beating when you can be extra-careful at first and later on going more reckless, dealing more damage when you know what you're dealing with. Again, my opinion only - but your logic in this matter is flawed.