Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Please could I have some help on Heroic Garrosh.

Ahoy there, I'm a 576 hunter in a 13/14HC team and I've been progressing on Garrosh with them for a few weeks with some tries better than others (starting to actually see phase 4 now). Here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yopok/advanced try not to stare too long, I've been told the beauty of my orc is distracting. Sarcasm, I know he's an ugly SOB.

There are a few questions I'd like to ask people about this specific fight, firstly; I've mainly been SV crit>haste>mastery for the vast majority of raids, I tried crit>mastery>haste last raid to kind of test the waters with numbers and such. I was wondering what the best stat priority for this fight would be, heck even if BM would be superior (extending so I'm perfectly happy reforging for solely this fight).

Secondly, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/4180/ I was wondering if any hunters with keen eyes and spare time could give my statistics a quick once over and, if possible, tear them apart. I welcome any and all criticism, I want to do good and if people can point out my weak points I will gladly act on them, there's no excuse for slacky dps and the variation in my dps and my position in the team is too fluid for my liking.

Third, a slightly less Garrosh-orientated question. I have been delaying my stampedes maybe 20-40 seconds so they line up with my heroic warforged AoC proc which I have a weakaura to track, I was wondering if this was actually worth doing or if I'm being a moron. The way I do it my third stampede usually lines up perfectly with our phase 3 BL and with an AoC proc.

Finally, I currently use blink strikes, fervor and glaive toss for garrosh. I've fiddled around with AMoC and ToTH but could never really get the feel for them, would my choices impact my performance in any way? I don't really care about the number I push at the end I'd rather be able to do what I'm supposed to do when I'm supposed to do it (e.g. mind controls and the bloody adds in the first intermission).

Thanks for reading this far, and I would greatly appreciate any and all comments, criticisms or observations in regards to my performance, build or beauty.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'll stop now.

Regards - Yopok
    Last edited by Yopok; 2014-03-29 at 06:06 AM.

Some people will tell you BM is better for Garrosh but in reality the better spec will be whatever you are better at playing. Survival is also a lot stronger for the P1 transition so I highly recommend staying Survival for Garrosh. Crit > Haste > Mastery is the correct stat priority.

I'd change Blink Strikes to AMoC, not only should AMoC be stronger anyway number wise but it also gives you an extra cooldown for the P3 Bloodlust burn.

Yes you should be holding your second Stampede to line up with AoC and your third to line up with P3 Bloodlust burn.

As for your logs, your Black Arrow uptime seems a bit low, you're capping focus a lot and you only used Fervor 12 times in 12 minutes,
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-03-29 at 06:12 AM.

We sit still and do nothing for the second transition which makes the debuff uptimes go weird because we're out of action for a minute or so. Also I quite often cap focus if I get a lucky string of explosive shots, I can't really excuse the fervor usage so I'll make a note to keep a stern eye on that next raid. I usually prioritise finishing a string of explosive shots over refreshing black arrow if it runs out during lock and load, other than that I tend to use BA on cooldown which makes it overlap by around 5 seconds with my CDR trinket, don't know if I should be doing that however.

EDIT: I think that without the standing still in second transition I'd have something like a 90-95% uptime on BA which is still pretty bad seen as how I could have 100

Quote Originally Posted by Yopok View Post
    other than that I tend to use BA on cooldown which makes it overlap by around 5 seconds with my CDR trinket, don't know if I should be doing that however.
    You should be waiting until Black Arrow is about to expire (plus travel time) to refresh it, clipping 5 seconds of it is not ideal.

I feel like Fervor and its burst focus with the SV 4 pc is just bad news bears, and just leads to lower opportunities to use Fervor because so often you're playing above 50 focus, and it doesn't really show up in the sims. This is especially true for you as you're NOT using AMoC, which is the big focus cost in most SV rotations and is often a justification to take Fervor. I think ToTH is better because it it's just passively there when you fall low enough in the priority list to be using AS. If you're going to continue to use Fervor, I'd say the ideal would be to play around 50-60 focus, enough for a non-LnL ES and a BA, be careful not to dip below that when BA is coming off CD, and intentionaly dump with AS right before a Fervor.

I agree, AMoC is a better use than blink strikes, especially considering how important damage is in particular windows of time, on this fight.

I use BM for H-Garrosh, but again, that's a comfort thing, I was BM from the beginning of the xpac when it was clearly superior single target, and I've just gotten used to it.

I line up Stampede #2 with AoC #3, but I'm a 14/14H hunter with an LFR AoC because fuck RNG (they actually line up pretty damn well, though, with the LFR version, Stampede has a 3m45s CD, so it's only off CD for 15 or so seconds before that 3rd AoC procs). The key point is to obviously not lose a Stampede, and judging from my calculations, your Stampede should have a 3m18s CD, which means you'd get a 4th Stampede around 13.5m in....which is slightly longer than most kills. So since you're only going to get the 3 Stampedes, worry about how you can best line them up, which as Glurp mentioned, are probably with 3rd AoC and the phase 3 burn.

Survival pets have Rabid right? During the 2nd intermission since you are doing the AFK strat you can swap out to a different pet to make sure you have a fresh pet with Rabid up.

Also, my guild kills Garrosh around the 13:00-13:40 because we suck and AFK the 2nd intermission as well and I always get my 4th Stampede around the 12 minute mark or so. One off the pull, one lined up with AOC after first intermission, one for the P3 Lust Burn, and one sometime during P4 (usually after the first Bombardment). My AOC usually procs as P4 starts so I can't really line those up.

Deleted
    both specs are fine. SV priority is crit>haste>mastery. BM i go haste>mastery>crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    both specs are fine. SV priority is crit>haste>mastery. BM i go haste>mastery>crit
    Killed garrosh last week, use the same reforge
    Prefer BM for garrosh since there are so many important burn parts. And 40sec CD BW is really sweet. It lines up perfectly with every MC aswell.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of surv vs. BM on Garrosh HC. Myself I've been BM from the start. A few weeks ago another hunter joined us that does the fight as Survival. I was very surprised to see we were pretty much even on overall dmg done. The main difference is his single target dmg on Garrosh is higher, but he can't compete with my AoE on certain parts of the fight (first and second transition in particular).

Deleted
    I'm actually shocked that you are rolling survival for this fight. If the only two options you have between SV and BM, BM would be the superior choice out of the two unless you're doing engineers then it would be mm>sv>bm. Survival is really unreliable on this fight due to the amount of rng required. Such as going phase 3 without any 4p procs (which have a 60% chance to happen) would be devastating as the boss would be up for a ridiculous amount of time putting high stress on your healers.

As BM you really have to go mastery>haste>crit in order to keep up with the aoe required in phase 1 and along with that it's more reliable burst damage that you have full control over. The more crit you have the more of a gamble you put on your dps which you shouldn't be doing in p3+ anyways. Mastery>haste gives you a predictable, reasonable dps boost which will prove reliable (unlike SV) in the long run.

Personally during our first and second pull on 25m H garrosh we had 2 MM hunters and 2 SV hunters. Eventually we had to sit one the SV hunter before the third pull because rng just wouldn't allow him to keep up with everyone else and he didn't have a BM or MM spec and the other SV hunter had to go BM/MM in order to push out the required dps. I'm sure with good rng though that wouldn't have been needed but the spec is such a gamble on this boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    I'm actually shocked that you are rolling survival for this fight. If the only two options you have between SV and BM, BM would be the superior choice out of the two unless you're doing engineers then it would be mm>sv>bm. Survival is really unreliable on this fight due to the amount of rng required. Such as going phase 3 without any 4p procs (which have a 60% chance to happen) would be devastating as the boss would be up for a ridiculous amount of time putting high stress on your healers.

As BM you really have to go mastery>haste>crit in order to keep up with the aoe required in phase 1 and along with that it's more reliable burst damage that you have full control over. The more crit you have the more of a gamble you put on your dps which you shouldn't be doing in p3+ anyways. Mastery>haste gives you a predictable, reasonable dps boost which will prove reliable (unlike SV) in the long run.

Personally during our first and second pull on 25m H garrosh we had 2 MM hunters and 2 SV hunters. Eventually we had to sit one the SV hunter before the third pull because rng just wouldn't allow him to keep up with everyone else and he didn't have a BM or MM spec and the other SV hunter had to go BM/MM in order to push out the required dps. I'm sure with good rng though that wouldn't have been needed but the spec is such a gamble on this boss.
    Your guild must be terrible if you allow a hunter in your guild that doesnt have a bm off spec and is solely survival. Also survival is fine for engineers I am usually first or second weekly. Stop posting and misleading people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Your guild must be terrible if you allow a hunter in your guild that doesnt have a bm off spec and is solely survival. Also survival is fine for engineers I am usually first or second weekly. Stop posting and misleading people.
    Well we did manage to down garrosh in a ridiculously small number of attempts (I think it was 5 or so) so we can't be that terrible, we have players lined up to trial with us and one of them happened to be a SV/SV hunter with solid logs but little did we know that it was only rng which gave him those good numbers (it was still very early in the tier). I wouldn't say survival is fine to do engineers due to the fact that if you don't get any LnL procs or 4p procs the engineer will not die and you will cause your raid to wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we did manage to down garrosh in a ridiculously small number of attempts (I think it was 5 or so) so we can't be that terrible, we have players lined up to trial with us and one of them happened to be a SV/SV hunter with solid logs but little did we know that it was only rng which gave him those good numbers (it was still very early in the tier). I wouldn't say survival is fine to do engineers due to the fact that if you don't get any LnL procs or 4p procs the engineer will not die and you will cause your raid to wipe.
    what guild? and you can make sure u get a lock n load every engineer if you arent retarded by just tracking the icd.

Deleted
    what guild? and you can make sure u get a lock n load every engineer if you arent retarded by just tracking the icd.
    Can just throw an ice trap on the adds to ensure it too, ezpz.

- - - Updated - - -

5 attempts man, can I join your guild please m8? ill roll MM.

Your guild must be terrible if you allow a hunter in your guild that doesnt have a bm off spec and is solely survival.
    ricket does a good job at explaining why i disagree with this statement in one of her videos, starting at the 1 minute mark.

Deleted
    My guild? What other guild would I be talking about?

You can ensure you get a LnL proc is you time it correctly but you cannot ensure you will get a 4p proc (which is kind of important when it comes to the engineer). 3 Explosive shots isn't enough, you need at least 5-6 (depending on who else you bring with you) and there is a 60% chance the 4p will not proc which means rng decides whether the group wipes or not. Although you could just bring another dps or 2 over there to play it safe but then you're slowing the amount of dps on the boss which kind of defeats the purpose in the first place. All which could have been avoided if you just careful aim + aimed shot and saving rapid fire for the engineers so you can continue throwing aimed shots at it.

Deleted
    My guild? What other guild would I be talking about?

You can ensure you get a LnL proc is you time it correctly but you cannot ensure you will get a 4p proc (which is kind of important when it comes to the engineer). 3 Explosive shots isn't enough, you need at least 5-6 (depending on who else you bring with you) and there is a 60% chance the 4p will not proc which means rng decides whether the group wipes or not. Although you could just bring another dps or 2 over there to play it safe but then you're slowing the amount of dps on the boss which kind of defeats the purpose in the first place. All which could have been avoided if you just careful aim + aimed shot and saving rapid fire for the engineers so you can continue throwing aimed shots at it.
    I have to ask, are you Conjor on a troll account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    ricket does a good job at explaining why i disagree with this statement in one of her videos, starting at the 1 minute mark.
    I meant for progression, who cares about farm. I meant someone who wasnt willing to play another spec.

- - - Updated - - -

My guild? What other guild would I be talking about?.
    What guild would that be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I have to ask, are you Conjor on a troll account?
    Good guess, i hope it isnt.

Deleted
    What guild would that be.
    I don't see what the name of my guild has to do with the topic of this discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what the name of my guild has to do with the topic of this discussion.
    translation: you are full of shit.