IrfanView - problem with icons.

I know its forum about hardware but maybe someone can help me with my problem here. Cant find anything on google.

Today I instaled IrfanView and all my program icons on desktop changed to this red thing:

In IrfanView properties I removed every associated type but this did not help at all. When I uninstalled IrfanView icons stay red anyway. Reinstalling programs do not help, icon become red again. When I right click program shortcut, Properties > Change Icon I see "standard" program icons but its seems something adding this red thing on top of it.

How to remowe this ugly thing? Its so annoying to see my desktop full of red icons

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm, irfanview is a pretty legit program

so i want to take a guess that either you downloaded a trojan horse copy, or you had a massive bug

i would try a system restore

10+ Year Old Account
    I had similar problem with one PC's at work, teh difference that all icons were like Adobe Acrobat Reader
    Found this by microsoft, try it:

o you face the issue with only non-microsoft program or with the icons of all the programs?
    I would suggest you to reset the icon cache and then if that does not help rebuild icon cache.

To Reset Icon cache follow the below mentioned steps –

1. Right click on empty area of the desktop and click on Personalize.
    2. Click on the Display Properties link.
    3. Under Colors, select Medium (16-bit) and click on Apply.
    NOTE: If you already have Medium (16-bit) selected, then select Highest (32-bit) instead. Sometimes you will need to do a restart first, then proceed to step

4. Try both ways.
    A) Click yes to confirm the new settings.

5. Now, select Highest (32-bit) and click on OK.
    NOTE: If you already have Highest (32-bit) selected, then select Medium (16-bit) instead.
    A) Click on Yes to confirm the new settings.

To Rebuild icon cache follow the below mentioned steps -
    1. Click Start, then control panel and in the search box write Folder options.
    2. Now click Folder Options to open and select (dot) Show hidden files and folders.
    3. Open a Windows Explorer window.
    4. Go to C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local
    5. Right click on IconCache.db and click on Delete.
    6. Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
    NOTE: This deletes the file to the Recycle Bin. It is safe to empty the Recycle Bin when finished.
    7. Close the window.
    8. Empty the Recycle Bin.
    9. Restart the computer.
    10. When you go back, you will notice the Size of the IconCache.db file is smaller, and the Date Modified is now the current date.
    NOTE: If for some reason IconCache.db is not there or the size has not changed much then you may just restart the computer again. You may need to restart a couple of times in some cases.
    11. The icon cache will get rebuilt.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Something was wrong with lnk (shortcuts extension) files in system. I downloaded fix to the registry that restore default options and it worked. Thx for reply anyway guys.