theres someone missing

theres one character which spans multiple blizzard titles, one character weve fought multiple times but never truly defeated.

one character strong enough to destroy all but somehow left out of this pub brawl party. this is a grave mistake.

theres one character the nexus needs to complete its mighty Valhalla esque halls.

truly space and time will never be the same
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Who is that? What game are they from?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Who is that? What game are they from?
    its hogger. from wow and hearthstone
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Oh yea, the Elowyn Forest lowbie terror quest. That would be pretty neat in HOTS. Though I think there might be a Worgen hero at some point which may be too similar to Hogger.

Oh yea, the Elowyn Forest lowbie terror quest. That would be pretty neat in HOTS. Though I think there might be a Worgen hero at some point which may be too similar to Hogger.
    Last time I checked, hyenas and wolves didn't look too similar. Besides, some of the datamined strings reveal that both Azshara and Lady Vashj could make it into the game, both being female naga. I'm not sure they are looking for unique appearances.

Funny how no one ever mentions Kyle from Blackthorne.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Last time I checked, hyenas and wolves didn't look too similar.
    He looks like a werewolf to me in that picture. I would have never guessed he was a hyena unless you mentioned it. At best, a dog-man creature?

He looks like a werewolf to me in that picture. I would have never guessed he was a hyena unless you mentioned it. At best, a dog-man creature?
    From another thread:

Comparted to what a worgen could look like, there is room for both races.

From another thread:
    Noted. I have not seen the model for Hogger till now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair there are a lot of potential characters for this game and I expect they don't want hero overload when it launches. Plus, they need to be able to continuously add heroes and incentive to both spend money and play the game. I expect we will see awesome fan favorites like this over the years. Plus any new characters that are created in new WoW/SC2/D3 expansions in the next few years. Hogger would be a good addition, as would tons of bosses and lore favs.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    To be fair there are a lot of potential characters for this game and I expect they don't want hero overload when it launches. Plus, they need to be able to continuously add heroes and incentive to both spend money and play the game. I expect we will see awesome fan favorites like this over the years. Plus any new characters that are created in new WoW/SC2/D3 expansions in the next few years. Hogger would be a good addition, as would tons of bosses and lore favs.
    We've seen that skins will have unique lines and, potentially, interactions with other characters. Which means we could have similar looking characters as different skins for one hero. That only works for class-less heroes (like Hogger), though, as skills would be shared.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've seen that skins will have unique lines and, potentially, interactions with other characters. Which means we could have similar looking characters as different skins for one hero. That only works for class-less heroes (like Hogger), though, as skills would be shared.
    That's kinda...odd really. I mean I get that the concept is to allow more skins from their games without needing to balance more abilities, but it just sounds like halfhearted development. I think people would prefer actual unique characters with unique skins, not one character with generic abilities who can look like 4 different Blizzard characters. That sorta goes against the entire premise that their Heroes have unique identities within their brand.
    BAD WOLF

YES HOGGER!! We need him so bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's kinda...odd really. I mean I get that the concept is to allow more skins from their games without needing to balance more abilities, but it just sounds like halfhearted development. I think people would prefer actual unique characters with unique skins, not one character with generic abilities who can look like 4 different Blizzard characters. That sorta goes against the entire premise that their Heroes have unique identities within their brand.
    Obviously it shouldn't be done for important characters with known fighting styles, but a gnoll with a big cleaver and a worgen with a big sword can be fused into one hero. Hell, they could even make generic warriors/casters/archers skinned as completely different characters for minor characters like Taylor/Nazgrim (warrior) or Edwin/Shawn (rogue). That's a way to greatly increase your roster.

As for the skills, they could have the same ones with different names, icons and visuals for each skin. After all, they are all basically melee attacks, front cones or round AoEs that inflict direct damage, apply DoTs and/or prevent movement.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2014-04-03 at 10:05 AM.