Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For the first four years I played WoW, my main was a DPS Warrior. I was good at it and got into pretty high end raiding (top 25 US). My second main or "main alt" was always a Holy Paladin for that four year stretch. I enjoyed it, but not as much as DPSing.

Around the middle of Cata I leveled a Priest - and I loved it. My main is now a Disc Priest. I've gone full healer mode now while my warrior gathers dust, and have leveled every healer class at 90 with the intention to heal on them, but didn't enjoy a couple of them so I tried other specs.

In terms of personal preference, not performance, I'd rank them

Priest (Main)
    Shaman (3rd most played character, second being my Mage, my only current DPS character. Considering main swap to Shaman for WoD if it makes sense for group comp)
    Druid (Level 90 Boosted, playing him quite a bit, up to 539 ilvl)
    Paladin (Converted to Prot, mostly retired though)
    Monk (Converted to BM)

I enjoy atonement, prayer of healing, and the level 90 talents for Priests. For Shaman, Healing Rain, Chain Heal, and their array of cooldowns. Efflo, exploding mushrooms, and tranq does it for me as Resto Druid.

I do miss blowing up DPS meters occasionally, but I get my fix on my Mage.

Healing is far more relaxing IMO and less competitive than DPS.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2014-03-25 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. There's just something about Holy Paladins that make me want to uninstall WoW.
    Strange, I look forward to playing on my hpala, love the burst healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. There's just something about Holy Paladins that make me want to uninstall WoW.
    Strange, i'm on the exact opposite feeling : as a paladin, i feel i can heal anybody from near death to full life in seconds (not even talking about lay on hand, nor flash heal), and with all the personnal cooldowns we have, i can produce a really powerful aoe healing during ~15 sec every 2 min

(i've played resto shaman, druids and disc too)

i'm retired from healing though : with a team of guys that didn't care that much about where they were putting their feet, it was too much stress for a hobby

EDIT:
    i'd add too, that paladin is one of the only healer where i feel the mana is really a ressource : you can decide to use it all (even at high ilvl with a lot of spirit) in 30 sec to produce a really big healing burst
    Last edited by mmoc04102e0421; 2014-03-25 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Woo, love to the healers!

Playing a resto druid since TBC, switching to Paladin in 6.0. I enjoy the freedom being a healer gives you, from movement to being able to have your own positioning. Although I do think that healers are undervalued by other roles.

Me also kurtkumru

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the fuck-all out of shammy healing. I've leveled probably 40 shaman to cap (70, 80, 85, 90, all combinations) and deleted them, only to roll another. I just can't get enough of it. Although I don't play at end-game lol. Running dungeons is my thing, and leveling dungeons most of all. I was dancing the jig when they gave us alliance shammies back in BC :-) It's just an immensely enjoyable experience for me.

Priest (disc) healing feels like a job to me. Not a huge fan. I haven't pally or druid healed in years, so I don't know what it's like. I do prefer pally tanking over anything else though. Haven't touched my monk since I got her to 90, I tried healing but quickly switched to tanking. Fistweaving (at launch) just felt really fucking strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have healed on all but monks, Druids were very good fun, I am one of those rare people who despised every change during MoP in all specs and all regards, so I rerolled shaman. I loved the fact its pretty much smart healing and liked my totems. Now I'm on to Priest, its okay but as holy I feel like I don't have enough cooldowns like I did with my REsto shaman. PvP wise I loved my paladin.

I read some of the comments about Mistweaver, and as I understand there are some people who believe they should use Jab, Blackout Kick and the other healing abilities as a Mistweaver. That's okay, and maybe they're right.

Quite honestly, I've never played like that.

You see, these abilities can be found on my main action bar from (1-12)
    Soothing Mist, Enveloping Mist, Renewing Mist, Uplift, Spinning Crane Kick, Summon Jade Serpent Statue, Chi Wave, Detox, Thunder Focus Tea, Chi Torpedo, Surging Mist, Mana Tea. - and that works out great for me, also is very fun to play with.

You know when you place that Summon Jade Serpent Statue, it's like you are a Shaman that decides where his totem best suits to be.
    I like that feeling..

But in the end, the Mistweaver specialization feels unique and is not like any other class.

Love it, especially resto shaman, but also enjoy all other healing specs (though I like mistweavers and rdruids a bit less).

Favourite healing spell... probably Chain Heal. <3

Deleted
    I love healing
    I have 3 healers, Resto Shaman (my main), Holy Pala and a boosted Mistweaver Monk.
    Favourite healing spell is Chain Heal (with deluge glyph, for the looks) and Light of Dawn.
    Also, I love Ancestral Awakening, the sound and that little ghost/spirit thingy, awesome
    Last edited by mmocc68db2d16d; 2014-03-25 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephelae1982 View Post
    I love healing
    I have 3 healers, Resto Shaman (my main), Holy Pala and a boosted Mistweaver Monk.
    Favourite healing spell is Chain Heal (with deluge glyph, for the looks) and Light of Dawn.
    Also, I love Ancestral Awakening, the sound and that little ghost/spirit thingy, awesome
    Is there anything mentionable that you could share about Mistweaver?
    As you say your favourite healing spell is Chain Heal, and Light of Dawn for Paladin. Anything about Monk that is neat, so far.. for you?

Prayer of Mending is so cool

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    In this game, healing is most rewarding for me.
    One reason and that is healing don't follow a specific rotation, because in a fight there is much that can happen and change because of other players action.

You are the one that must deal with every consequence and that is pretty awesome!

Now with that said.. which spells do you like the most as a healer?
    It is probably the most interesting role in that the difficulty is also relative to the group.

As people get better geared, tanking will remain the same. DPS still needs to push buttons. But as a healer, boss dies faster and people have more heath means less work.

Groups never takes less tanks or DPS, always less healers when bosses are on farm status.

There is something amazing about both Penance (especially glyphed) and Prayer of Mending. They make these amazingly distinctive sounds, either whop-whop-whop or BOING! and they chase after their targets. And once in a while you see a PoM going zooming off into the horizon and it's funny. They're amazing to cast, it feels good.

Deleted
    Is there anything mentionable that you could share about Mistweaver?
    As you say your favourite healing spell is Chain Heal, and Light of Dawn for Paladin. Anything about Monk that is neat, so far.. for you?
    Oh noos, how can I forget my lovely monk :P
    I love the renewing mist spell, the looks are so lovely, that green mist swirling around you.
    Also like chi wave a lot

Like u said in your post, mw monk does feel very unique, I feel the same.
    Last edited by mmocc68db2d16d; 2014-03-26 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I just deleted my Resto Sham, Druid and Holy Pally. If I heal again, it will be as a disc priest in WoD. But it's not very likely, considering they are changing Discs smite healing.
    Why do you delete characters?

In this game, healing is most rewarding for me.
    One reason and that is healing don't follow a specific rotation, because in a fight there is much that can happen and change because of other players action.

You are the one that must deal with every consequence and that is pretty awesome!

Now with that said.. which spells do you like the most as a healer?
    in vanilla there was an addon that showed exactly how much hp a person was missing and you could downrank to get them to 100% but not OH too much. kinda neat. downranking sure was fun haha, made the game more diverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Prayer of Mending is so cool
    It's gonna be weird as fuck with a cast time

10+ Year Old Account
    I always regretted deleting my characters, when i got bored of my 'Main' and wanted a change I had to relevel the characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't start healing until WotLK. I honestly wish I had started sooner. There's been times where I've considered leveling every healer just because I like healing so much. Lol.

To think I started this game as a rogue.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw