Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking I enjoy healing more than anything.

In this game, healing is most rewarding for me.
    One reason and that is healing don't follow a specific rotation, because in a fight there is much that can happen and change because of other players action.

You are the one that must deal with every consequence and that is pretty awesome!

Now with that said.. which spells do you like the most as a healer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a healer at heart too for those same reasons. As for favourite spell, I do like instant HOTs (it's fun jumping around as a resto druid) or possibly monk's healing sphere which took a while to get used to but in PVP it's incredible. Oh and chain heal is cool.

-this totally appeared in the wrong thread I swear-

no but in all honesty 2 tabs open, same computer. sorry folks.

I only ever "main" a character when it is a healer. It only happened once that I was chosen to switch to our raid tank because I had decent tank gear at the time (ICC, had 245+ in all slots but all BiS Resto) but I resented the guild for it and left next expansion.
    Last edited by Anyael; 2014-03-24 at 07:58 PM.
    Call me Cassandra

I love healing, I think it's what I do best but sadly I'm not healing as my main anymore. But over all my favorite healing spac is holy priest, favorite healing abilities would have to be Circle of healing, PoM, and Uplife(on my monk)

Just talking about it makes me want to switch mains again :P

I've started playing WoW back in wrath, in 2008, I started as a warrior melee dps. I was such a noob, and bad at it. Took me 8 months to level him (granted I leveled first 70 levels in the wrong stance). Since then, I avoided dps and decided to give healing a shot, and oh man it was the best decision I've made in WoW. I picked up a priest, and till date my main is a priest healer. In fact, I love it so much I have 3 90 priests, all holy/disc. My biased opinion is that healing is far more superior than dps and tanking. The amount of responsibilities and decisions you have to go through is worth the switch. I specifically enjoy the play-style approach a healer has, as a healer you get to choose your priority spells, and it all depends on how fast you react to a situation, and if you handled it correctly. I find that logic very appealing, instead of other roles.

Anyway back to your question, favorite spells:

As a disc, my level 90 talent. It's so OP if used right.
    As a holy, generally I love my AoE spells, PoH and CoH (especially when it had 4 sec CD o.o).

10+ Year Old Account
    healing scares me a little. Im really stressed when Im healing on my shaman im just in a constant state of god I hope this idiot dosent stand in something so he dosent die and blame me and im gonna have to go off on this potato. But healing on my shaman I love me some jesus beams(chain heal)
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I enjoy healing for many reasons; but one of the main reasons is that a gear gap between you and your co-healers doesn't mean much. You can beat produce better results even if they're 20ish item levels above you if you can predict the damage better and have higher uptime.

As a dps that is simply not possible; a 20 item level difference is so significant (mainly because of trinkets and weapons) that you have absolutely no chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    healing scares me a little. Im really stressed when Im healing on my shaman im just in a constant state of god I hope this idiot dosent stand in something so he dosent die and blame me and im gonna have to go off on this potato. But healing on my shaman I love me some jesus beams(chain heal)
    Your problem is letting it bother you when you get blamed for that; that's something you're supposed to laugh at. And regardless, it's quite easy to heal through fire in heroic dungeons (especially as a shaman because you have amazing cooldowns).

Deleted
    I loved healing prior to Cataclysm, then it went a bit "meh". I loved stacking mana and spam healing.

Chain Heal master race.
    And Healing Rain.
    Tranquility is pretty cool though too.

I forgot to say which spells I enjoy the most.
    Soothing Mist for channeling, healing over time as it's a very nice feeling to it.
    Renewing Mist which jumps at random target every time, very fun to watch.
    Also Chi Torpedo because of its awesome special effects.

That's some of the spells that I really enjoy.

I like Mistweaver because it's relaxing and simple, honestly. I don't have to stress out over my DPS or be worried that I'll die at any second, I just look at my buffs on people and keep them rolling with just enough spot healing to add a buffer for other healers.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I love healing too. Shaman, especially. Let me sell it:

• Single-target and Chain Heal crits restore mana and proc a smart heal (30% of healing done). Crit provides both throughput *and* regen.
    • Riptide causes the next two single-target heals to be much faster
    • Smart-healing-set-it-and-forget-it healing stream totem
    • A very powerful and affordable grouped aoe heal in Healing Rain
    • A plethora of cooldowns: Two baseline 3min throughput cds, 2min throughput through talents, a situational grouped-damage reduction 3min cd, and a mana regen cd.

So early in a tier, we can stack crit and have both throughput and mana regen benefits. Our hasted single-target heals means we can single-target triage a group (especially 10). Thinking of the proposed WoD-style healing, this will be a fantastic combo.

Later in a tier, we can reach breakpoints for extra smart healing ticks and bump our mastery for straight throughput increase, especially in progression.

Throughout progression, we can have a cooldown available for (nearly) every boss mechanic, giving Shaman a very active feeling.

I can deal with healing with every spec except Holy Paladins. I don't understand what the fuck is going on with it. Feels like I'm playing Plinko most of the time.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I can deal with healing with every spec except Holy Paladins. I don't understand what the fuck is going on with it. Feels like I'm playing Plinko most of the time.
    Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. There's just something about Holy Paladins that make me want to uninstall WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mainly healed as holy priest, absolutely love PoM

Most of the time I actually find it pretty boring, but when shit hits the fan no role as fun as healing.

Deleted
    Me to i love a priest character. Actually i made a Priest and warrior character on Eclipse War Online.

I recently came back to wow and switched from my warrior tank to a priest healer and I am in love with healing. Disc is by far the most fun spec I've played in any MMO. I love the offensive healer role.

10+ Year Old Account
    No love for Resto Druid? I like them quite a bit, but all in all healing is masochism. You have to fix everyone else's mistakes, and they WILL happen. Most of the time, they will be oblivious to said mistake and you have to choose between telling them to move or actually healing them when you're in a random group since you're probably not talking in your headset. Still, I feel like a badass if I keep everyone alive DESPITE their mistakes.

I really enjoy healing... i switched from tank to dps and from dps to healer and the second choice was the best I made since wow was released.
    Played always healing PvP on Priest/Druid/Shaman/Monk but not paladin... Dunno why!! xD
    Thinking to reroll to pure dps for WoD but still not sure... cba to wait hours of LFR/LFD queues...

Deleted
    POWER TO THE HEALER!!!!
    healing rocks & is where the real power is. not the tanks & certainly not the dps, but the 'sweet' little healer who keeps a raid/instance group all together & woe betide ANYONE who decides to upset little ol healer, as you will surely pay with your life & repair bill