Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Gender and sex are synonyms.
    Scientifically they are not. Grammatically, they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Why? Because I disagree with some nominal facet of language relating to homosexuality? Get off the high horse.
    It's sad that you think that the difference between both terms is due to and only relates to "homosexuality"

10+ Year Old Account
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammercakes View Post
    As I pointed out earlier, being transgendered is no longer in he DSM, and is not a mental illness according to the APA. You are welcome to think what ever you like, but it doesn't change the facts.
    You highlighted the part where I was talking about breast implants. Just because the opinion APA doesn't consider it a mental illness doesn't make it a fact. If you believe something that's obviously not true you're either a child (Santa Claus), stupid,ignorant or you're mentally ill. I do not feel that people who want sex changes are stupid just that they are just mentally ill. I am in no way attacking these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Order View Post
    It relates to homosexuality? Who's the one with the agenda?

Nowhere in this thread has anyone related anything to homosexuality.

Boy, it really does suck to be you if you are wrong this often.
    Ha! If we followed the logic in this thread, changing said gender would change sexual orientation as well. You know, since that's the baggage that comes with the word itself.

What am I specifically wrong about? Am I wrong because I have a differing opinion? Again, just because it's a discussion about sexuality outside the norm, doesn't mean that people are right and wrong.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Unless they've already released an update for the DSM, Gender Dysphoria is still in the DSM and will cover some transgender people.
    Just had it looked up. In the DSM-5 "Gender Dysphoria" is a condition resulting from being trans, but not getting treatment (hormones, surgery, ect) and suffering from depression or anxiety because of it.

I will add as a disclaimer that I did not read the DSM-5 myself, but that a Psychologist that I trust read it and gave me that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by walpole View Post
    You highlighted the part where I was talking about breast implants. Just because the opinion APA doesn't consider it a mental illness doesn't make it a fact. If you believe something that's obviously not true you're either a child (Santa Claus), stupid,ignorant or you're mentally ill. I do not feel that people who want sex changes are stupid just that they are just mentally ill. I am in no way attacking these people.
    I'm sorry, clearly you have more expertise on the subject than the APA, I was wrong for questioning you, and I defer to your expert opinion.
    Last edited by Hammercakes; 2014-03-24 at 10:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Deleted
    Ha! If we followed the logic in this thread, changing said gender would change serial orientation as well. You know, since that's the baggage that comes with the word itself.

What am I specifically wrong about? Am I wrong because I have a differing opinion? Again, just because it's a discussion about security outside the norm, doesn't mean that people are right and wrong.
    You are wrong because you are using definitions that contradict current definitions, is that so hard to understand?

It could very well be argued that changing gender would change sexual orientation from a societal perspective but from a biological perspective it would remain the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    But where's Mister Hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It's sad that you think that the difference between both terms is due to and only relates to "homosexuality"
    So you're of the opinion that transgender people are unrelated to homosexuality? You know, cause I used the word related and all.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Ha! If we followed the logic in this thread, changing said gender would change sexual orientation as well. You know, since that's the baggage that comes with the word itself.

What am I specifically wrong about? Am I wrong because I have a differing opinion? Again, just because it's a discussion about sexuality outside the norm, doesn't mean that people are right and wrong.
    No, you are wrong because you are using outdated meanings for words and you are creating false associations between words and their origins/meanings, you said that gender was a term that related to homosexuality when they are both different things

Deleted
    So you're of the opinion that transgender people are unrelated to homosexuality? You know, cause I used the word related and all.
    Considering ones identification of gender and ones sexual preferences are entirely unrelated concepts, it really is logical.

Deleted
    Gender identity and sexuality are two entirely different things. Completely different and unrelated.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not "news" and therefore not worthy of an exception to the ban on gender identity topics.

The level of ignorance in this thread is pretty high as usual, mainly from a group of people who are truly clueless but act like they know what they're talking about because they had a high-school biology class and believe that their limited knowledge covers all edge cases without thinking over the ramifications of their words.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines