Deleted

Is askmrrobot right?

Hi all!

I play a shadow priest and I am at a 538 ilvl at this moment. I have been browsing these forums for a while, reading guides etc.. And I always learned that you should go 1:1 with crit:mastery.

My guildies said I should use Askmrrobot.com to help me optimize my gear. So I have been doing that for a while, but I wonder if the robot is right or not? Since he let's me regem/enchant/etc to end up with these stats:

Haste: 42.14%
    Mastery: 45.32%
    Crit: 17.37%

Isn't it better to go with 16.7xx haste? Then get mastery and crit at a 1:1 ratio?

Since I can't post my armory yet, you can look it up if you want:
    - Duisternis
    - Trollbane
    - EU

Thanks in advance guys!

P.S. I know, I haven't enchanted my weapons yet, just got them.

~Duisternis

Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    http: //ww w.icy-veins.com/shadow-priest-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging#soft-cap
    It's 167xx without the amp trinket.. No need for linking url's without explaination

This is what you're looking for(props to Drye): http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4793

It shows you how to get AMR to reforge to a 1:1 crit/mastery ratio optimally.

Also you should check if it's better for you to get to the 14873 or the 18215 haste breakpoint. At first seeing your ilvl I thought you should be going for 14873 for sure but then looking at your gear , you actually have a huge amount of haste on it so I can't really tell you. You need to open a couple of different AMR tabs. And change the values. Use the stat weights from Drye's post that Cerbz linked and then just switch around the haste breakpoint you want to hit on each window. After that compare the stats you lose for getting 18215 over 14873 and decide. The DPS difference is really minimal if you don't sacrifice too big an amount of stats, it's just a different playstyle... If you have enough gold you can try out both to see which one you prefer gameplay-wise aside from statloss etc.
    Last edited by Zoulis; 2014-03-24 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    This is what you're looking for(props to Drye): http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4793

It shows you how to get AMR to reforge to a 1:1 crit/mastery ratio optimally.
    Yep. As with any program, if you feed garbage into AMR it will spew garbage out. AMR by default palces mastery over crit.

That being said, the difference is really small and negligible when compared to RNG and bad gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerbz View Post
    Awesome! Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for!

I wish I was able to perma ban anyone who links icy veins or noxxic. That way incorrect information wouldnt get spread around.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I wish I was able to perma ban anyone who links icy veins or noxxic. That way incorrect information wouldnt get spread around.
    The thing that baffles me is the "reviewed and approved by Twintop" part, because I'm sure he knows that info is incomplete at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    The thing that baffles me is the "reviewed and approved by Twintop" part, because I'm sure he knows that info is incomplete at best.
    You have to excuse Drye.. he hasn't been to IV since Cata and missed the part where Twintop reviewed their stuff. Another reason why he's kinda bad. ;D

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    I do have 1 more question tho, I regemmed/forged/enchanted everything.

I end up with the following stats:
    Haste: 14.931 - 41.89%
    Crit: 4.951 - 17.61%
    Mast: 4.758 - 28%

If I go on AMR and click on Optimized. It says it is 100% optimized and on the right you can see the stats. How come the stats on the right tell me I get:

Mast: 38.17%
    Crit: 20.44%

The spellhit and haste match completely. Why is it that there is a difference between these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Duisternis View Post

If I go on AMR and click on Optimized. It says it is 100% optimized and on the right you can see the stats. How come the stats on the right tell me I get:

The spellhit and haste match completely. Why is it that there is a difference between these two?
    I'm pretty sure AMR counts raid buffs aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Duisternis View Post

The 1:1 ratio is for crit:mastery rating, not crit:mastery percentage.

The two above posts are correct. Crit/Mastery are based on raid buffs and the 1:1 ratio you're looking for is based on actual rating and not percentiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    You have to excuse Drye.. he hasn't been to IV since Cata and missed the part where Twintop reviewed their stuff. Another reason why he's kinda bad. ;D
    Well that info wasn't exactly solid... Pretty incomplete and imo throwing things like that to people doesn't really help

10+ Year Old Account
    On IV's guide

It's not wrong. I personally don't like how they present the info and think there's some things that should be emphasized more than others as it's all fairly one note in it's descriptions. BUT having said that I'm quite biased. I'm just glad they decided to tap Twintop so that less *horrible* information is out there for Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    On IV's guide

It's not wrong. I personally don't like how they present the info and think there's some things that should be emphasized more than others as it's all fairly one note in it's descriptions. BUT having said that I'm quite biased. I'm just glad they decided to tap Twintop so that less *horrible* information is out there for Shadow.
    It's not "wrong". It's misguidingly incomplete. I'm pretty sure Twintop of all people wouldn't be telling people "go for GCD cap, that's the way to go regardless of your gear, THEN go for crit / mastery".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    There is no incorrect information more likely incomplete.
    Stop being biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is no incorrect information more likely incomplete.
    Stop being biased.
    Not having the correct information is still incorrect. The gcd cap applies to a much smaller audience than dp3. Dp3 should be the much more common one to go for, especially with the player base those websites are going for.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

For some clarification, I don't write their guide, I give it an audit and point out things I think are incorrect/out of date/etc. (and haven't done so since October). IV's guides tend to be straight to the point and avoid a lot of "If this, do this. If THIS, do THAT, except when A = B and QRP > HIJK". Going for GCD isn't strictly correct, but it isn't incorrect either.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/