10HC Siegecrafter - Solo'ing Belts and killing stuff

Hi.

We started progression on this this week and it didn't go so well. No logs, sadly, but I wouldn't want to waste your time with going over specific logs anyway. I've got some general questions I hope you guys can answer.

1. What ilvl is required for two hunters to solo the belt alone, every time? (1 hunter alone is impossible or impractical - right?)

2. What spec is preferred? I'd think it would be BM. Can Survival do it consistently or is it dependent upon LnL procs? I don't know much about BM - can it do it in Surv-oriented gear (crit on all pieces and haromm's, no ebon detonator) as long as it has appropriate haste reforges/gems?

3. Any tips on how exactly to do enough dps to get it down? We tried it last week and it was a miserable failure - not even close. We had problems with pets bugging and generally low DPS. Is there some kind of concrete strategy that can be used to make sure it goes down each and every time?

4. Maybe this is obvious, but how do hunters stay on the platform to avoid the AOE damage until the last second? When should they come off (I read 3 seconds until next belt)? How should a hunter get off the belt - can they disengage every time?

5. Is the spirit link talent (that heals you) a requirement for this fight?

Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2014-03-24 at 07:25 PM.

I don't think even a BiS Hunter could solo every belt. Just not enough cds. Even with BW and Rabid (via pet juggling) every belt, 10m damage in about 20s is about 500k dps.

With proper cd management though, you should be able to get 5 out of every 7 or so, depending on when you lust.

BM is definitely preferred as you can BW on every belt. Secondaries are so close that the gear shouldn't matter with proper reforging.

If you're tanking Blackfuse on the other side of the conveyer belt (hint; you should be), you can send your pet to attack him after every belt and no matter what method you use to get on the belt, it'll despawn and you can instantly summon it once you're on the belt.

I disengage about 3s before the pull off of the belt.

When I was 10 man, doing this with a warlock, yes, I went into spirit bond because our two Healers on the main platform were too busy to run over And heal us. Now on 25 a wind Walker monk is up with us every belt and off heals in his downtime. Plus it seems like in 25 man a healer can more easily run over and toss some heals in between belts.

Deleted
    1. I started doing it together with a WW monk that did roughly half of my damage each try and I was at around 573-ish, so with 2 hunters if they manage to get their pet up there every try I'd say 570 is more than enough (ofc depending on certain items, HCWF weapon is a very big increase).

2. I personally did it as SV since if I didn't manage to get my pet up which happened some times my damage would be absolute dogshit. Either spec works.

3. It will take a few wipes to get the fire-beams in order and to get comfortable with them, when that happens it's just a matter of being up on the belt early so you can damage the weapon the second it becomes vulnerable - All in all, it will take a few wipes for them to get the hang of it.

4. Being on the platform for the least amount of time is the way to minimize the amount of damage you take. Other than that it's nothing you can do (make sure the tanks kill their shredder off before it starts oneshotting the hunters far away from healers).

5. No, if there's healers in range of the hunters when they get off the conveyor belt, otherwise yes.

1. To reliably solo belts you need at least around 570 ilvl but most importantly the heroic AoC trinket will be a requirement if you're BM
    2. BM is more reliable if you know how to control your pet going into the belt using disengage. There is a macro for when your pet is stuck on platform and you can spam it and your pet will blink to you and start attacking your target. (At work atm, but will post later if you still need it). Solo doable as Surv but will greatly depend on your lnl procs. Recommend taking Fervor for Surv and DB for BM, AMoC for both cases.
    3. You need to do 9 mil dmg. Try to time your CDs and pot out to where you have at least one up for every belt. In 10 man there will be certain belt where you need a second person to help you out (4th & 6th for us). You can also switch pets for Rapid as one of the CD if you're BM, this is minor for Surv tho.
    4. Generally you want to finish the belt as fast as possible and disengage off and get ready for the next one (time to dismiss) if you have to disengage trick. If you're using the edge of the pipe to disengage off, I recommend taking pipes during even belts and doing the trick on odds since it lines up with magnet. If you're using the pipe and getting eject trick, it doesn't matter. Use deterrence to ignore fire and you should survive one overload.
    5. Yes, this talent is a must especially if your group is tanking boss far away from belt (generally the case if they have a hunter soloing belt)

I raid my hunter on a 25 man but I also raid 10 on my alt and I've been helping our hunter solo belt.

So when before you use the disengage trick you need to dismiss the pet and then summon it again when you get on the belt, correct? Or you can send your pet onto the boss and he'll dismiss himself when you use the disengage trick?

Any preference on whether to disengage off the pipe onto the belt or being shot out of the tube and then disengaging?

Deleted
    You either need to dismiss before disengage or when you tells it to attack the boss and it is far enough away it will despawn automaticly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Any preference on whether to disengage off the pipe onto the belt or being shot out of the tube and then disengaging?
    The 2nd option makes you take falldamage which isn't prefered.

I did the fight as BM spec

After the nerf to the belt weapon HP you can easily solo the 1st weapon on the belt as a hunter (any hunter spec) without using any personal damage cooldowns (this includes stampede). It's worth doing as it's 1 more dps on the boss for about 30 seconds longer than if you didn't. This should definitely be the case for hunters above about 560 ivl as I was killing it by halfway across at 574.You will have your trinket procs, heroism and your prepot running.

I did the 2nd belt with our disc priest (he saved his mana pet thing for extra dps on it) and I also did the 4th belt solo using the stampede (can't use it at the start if you want it ready for this) and I think I also used AMOC on this 4th belt.

So basically:
    Belt 1: BM hunter solo with no cooldowns except prepot and heroism
    Belt 2: BM hunter and Disc priest
    Belt 3: BM hunter and survival hunter
    Belt 4 Me solo using Stampede, 2nd pot (might have had murder of crows but can't remember).
    Belt 5: BM hunter and Survival hunter
    Belt 6: BM and surv and repeat for all remaining belts until boss dies

When you use the disengage trick to get onto a pipe you should really dismiss pet BEFORE you go onto the belt. You don't want to be wasting time dismissing it while you are on the belt because you should be dpsing the weapon at that point and you run the risk of getting moved into the fire wall by the belt while casting dismiss.

My guilds belt kill order was Mines, Mines, Magnet, Mines, Magnet, Mines, Mines on every belt till boss dies. I don't recommend this kill order though as it cost my guild weeks of progression. So you would need to change the /tar bits to apply to whatever you do or just remove it.

/tar disassembled crawler mines
    /tar deactivated electro
    /cast [pet] Dismiss Pet
    /petpassive
    /cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet 1
    /petattack [target=pettarget,noexists]

I use this macro to dismiss my pet before I disengage onto a belt and to resummon it quickly when i'm on the belt (if you dismissed your pet you will need to do this but even if you use a pipe there's a delay in your pet being auto resummoned unless you use the macro. It then targets what I need to target and sends my pet to attack it. It's just far smoother to have all the summon, dismiss and targetting in 1 spammable macro I find.

1 other thing... With the way my guild did the fight I found that you should disengage onto the 1st belt rather than just jump into the pipe (even though you obviously don't have the debuff before the 1st belt). I can't remember the exact reason but it was to do with the timing of when I got back onto the main platform and what obstacles would be in my way (missiles, fire etc). If you use a different kill order on the belt this may not be relevant to you.

So it went
    1st belt: Disengage up onto belt
    2nd belt: Jump in pipe to get on belt
    3rd belt: Disengage
    4th belt: Pipe and so on.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-03-25 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    1 other thing... With the way my guild did the fight I found that you should disengage onto the 1st belt rather than just jump into the pipe (even though you obviously don't have the debuff before the 1st belt). I can't remember the exact reason but it was to do with the timing of when I got back onto the main platform and what obstacles would be in my way (missiles, fire etc). If you use a different kill order on the belt this may not be relevant to you.

So it went
    1st belt: Disengage up onto belt
    2nd belt: Jump in pipe to get on belt
    3rd belt: Disengage
    4th belt: Pipe and so on.
    There's also one belt towards the end of the fight where you have a magnet + fire when you need to disengage if you're pushing 6 minutes if you start with disengaging the first

Thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it.