Question about the legendary questline

Are secrets of the empire a high drop rate? Also which raid bosses drop these?

Is isle of thunder still the best place to farm black prince rep?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Are secrets of the empire a high drop rate?
    Same as they always were afaik, and that's a solid "ok". 3 weeks to complete that part of the quest is probably average I would wager.

Also which raid bosses drop these?
    All of ToT and the first 8 bosses of SoO. Ra-den, Lei shen and Sha of Pride are all guaranteed drops.

I personally think it is, some people have said the 5.1 daily areas are better though.

The Dire Moor on Isle of Thunder is ridiculously fast, especially if you team up with a tank or destro warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by FiercyMMO View Post
    The Dire Moor on Isle of Thunder is ridiculously fast, especially if you team up with a tank or destro warlock.
    or anyone, really.

Just pull things as fast as you can and kill them and you hit exalted in an hour or two. Alternatively you can afk by the panda guards tagging mobs and letting them kill for a exalted in a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If i have killed the first few bosses on flex before starting that particular quest can i still get the drops if i do the secrets of the empire quest on raid finder?

You can only get one chance at raid drops per week. If you are on the secrets step and have killed Immerseus on any difficulty, Immerseus can no longer drop any legendary item for you on any difficulty (e.g., you cannot get both a secret and a runestone from the same boss in the same week). Enjoy your RNG grindfest, there are no shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    You can only get one chance at raid drops per week. If you are on the secrets step and have killed Immerseus on any difficulty, Immerseus can no longer drop any legendary item for you on any difficulty (e.g., you cannot get both a secret and a runestone from the same boss in the same week). Enjoy your RNG grindfest, there are no shortcuts.
    Sorry if i wasnt clear, what i was trying to say was...

For this week i have killed up to sha of pride on flex, and thats before i started the secrets quest. So, now that i have started it will i not get secrets up to sha of pride for this week? I hope im making sense

Were you eligible for Sigils for those bosses? Cause if so, then no, you won't get secrets off them.

Interesting question if you were between collection quests. Let us know if that's the case.

No at the time i was on the valor points quest

Drop rate's the same I think (unlike first stage which is now super fast), but since you can get them in SoO as well your rate per week is dramatically increased. Secrets aren't too bad, it's Titan Runestones for the last stage that are a total bastard. Again, better than before because of the first couple of SoO queues but still miserable. Well, it's a legendary sigh.

I believe so, either killing the statues walking into the Pandaren mobs (fairly slow) or nuking huge pulls of Mogu and statues in the same area around the central lightning tower/temple thing (probably requires tank or very geared DPS, fast but riskier).

I did it on my poorly geared Blood DK and was able to tank everything I could pull without leashing (quite a lot). Watch for the caster mobs, they have lots of irritating self heals.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if i wasnt clear, what i was trying to say was...

For this week i have killed up to sha of pride on flex, and thats before i started the secrets quest. So, now that i have started it will i not get secrets up to sha of pride for this week? I hope im making sense
    Nope. All the legendary items drop on your first kill of the week, regardless of whether you're eligible or not. As soon as it's marked red in your LFR queue or raid lockout you've looted that boss so it won't drop anything more (charms still work IIRC, but that's no use for legendary items, only normal loot). Kinda sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The best way to get rep is to be on the quest when he wants you to kill horde/alliance forces in Krasarang. Go to the beach near the alliance hub and dot them up. The NPCs should finish them off. Best if you drop a banner and you're a ranged class with a dot.

But if you've turned in the quest, IoT dailies are great. Plus you get rep with that faction too. Kill two birds with one stone.

I'll point out on my hunter I got honored to rev in about 30 minutes using the "beach" method. I handed in the quest though and sadly didn't get any more rep using it but after week or two of doing IoT dailies i hit exalted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    It caps at revered I believe.
    Only if you hand in the quest (99% sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nope. All the legendary items drop on your first kill of the week, regardless of whether you're eligible or not. As soon as it's marked red in your LFR queue or raid lockout you've looted that boss so it won't drop anything more (charms still work IIRC, but that's no use for legendary items, only normal loot). Kinda sucks.
    There is an exception to this if you haven't started the quest chain at all or have completed a step but haven't picked up the next one. But I believe having any legendary-related quest in your log when you kill a boss will prevent him from ever having a chance to drop a legendary component for you for the rest of the week. But the answer to your question is still no, you will have to wait for next week. No shortcuts.