Question Quick WW Monk Weapon Question - Strength 1h / Agi 1h DW vs 2h Staff

Kind of confused about my current weapon situation

1h DW
    Xifeng, Longblade of the Titanic Guardian* Warforged * x 1 (this is a strength 1 hand weapon, that's why I am impartial)

Korven's Crimson Crescent raidfinder x 1

or wait for more haste to go DW (I'm at 18.5%)

2h WW
    equip Trident of Corrupted Waters FLEX

Vendor the str weapon, the gold will do more good for you than the str will on a monk.
    If you are talking about DPS use the flex 2h till you get 2 agility 1h weapons.

As a monk tank i prefer 2h weapons. As a DPS duel wield is ahead of 2h.

But get rid of the Str weapon, dont care if its warforged, heroic or freaking legendary. You want agility weapons as a monk. And thats for both tank and DPS.

It's probably pretty close but I'd give the edge to the two 1hs (str in MH, agil in OH). You'll want to SimC it to be sure though.

Rotund talked about strength weapons on Monkcraft. I would post a link but I'm not allowed to because I haven't been posting long enough. Just google 'monkcraft podcast' and scroll down to find episode 18.

It's in the early part of the episode.

The idea is that more of your attacks scale off weapon damage than attack power. Thus, strength weapons can be upgrades if they provide higher weapon damage. But it's always situational.

Have you noticed a difference in your performance between using the 1hs and using the 2h?
    Last edited by karspearhollow; 2014-03-25 at 09:06 AM.

If you are LFR geared and you loot the HC str weapon... could be possible to be better... but since this seems not you case, if the weapon is not needed for Xmog... i'll sell/de it.
    Go with the trident!!

Deleted
    You'll do more DPS with the strength weapon.

Use the strength weapon. Str still grants attack power in 1:1 ratio. It's obviously not as good as an agility weapon, but the ilvl difference is enormous.

none of the monk's main attacks are based off weapon damage though, are people really that sure that it's better than the flex staff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    none of the monk's main attacks are based off weapon damage though, are people really that sure that it's better than the flex staff?
    Almost all damaging monk abilities are based on weapon damage, with a few exceptions that are purely attack power. You just don't see it in-game because monk attacks use a special formula to convert weapon DPS and attack power into damage, which is reflected directly in the tooltip.

You can see it in databases, though:
    Rising Sun Kick
    Blackout Kick
    Expel Harm
    Last edited by Rivin; 2014-03-28 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Almost all damaging monk abilities are based on weapon damage, with a few exceptions that are purely attack power. You just don't see it in-game because monk attacks use a special formula to convert weapon DPS and attack power into damage, which is reflected directly in the tooltip.

You can see it in databases, though:
    Rising Sun Kick
    Blackout Kick
    Expel Harm
    Ok that explains it, most other melees have the weapon damage component in the in game tooltip