Poll: Do you blacklist IOC and AV?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

As horde and Alliance do you blacklist IOC and AV?

Well do you? Just curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Horde character, I don't in order to get faster queue times. Obviously, my W/L ratio is very bad because I get put into AV and IOC often, with a 28-97 record and a 22.4% win rate.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

The only BG I have blacklisted is SoA. I have all the achievements for it, and it's not worth the pain of trying to herd cats into a victory on that one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why would an Alliance player blacklist IoC and AV? Those are like the only ones Alliance ever consistently wins.

Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Why would an Alliance player blacklist IoC and AV? Those are like the only ones Alliance ever consistently wins.
    Horde tends to win 50% of IOC on my battlegroup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    I assume it's either because they're sick of those BGs, they got all the Achievements from them, or want faster queues.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Horde tends to win 50% of IOC on my battlegroup.
    There are no battle groups anymore. As for why Alliance would blacklist them, maybe because win or lose, they still suck? I queue to fight players, not to run by them to get to an artificial boss. I primarily play Horde so I have these two blacklisted, but if I was Alliance I might throw in Strand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    There are no battle groups anymore. As for why Alliance would blacklist them, maybe because win or lose, they still suck? I queue to fight players, not to run by them to get to an artificial boss. I primarily play Horde so I have these two blacklisted, but if I was Alliance I might throw in Strand.
    Force a turtle and there are plenty of players to fight.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I guess the Ally groups one of my toons gets put in for AV is either

A: 90% Badly programmed bots or B: Full of Retards.

I have a win/loss of 10/16. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blacklist either of them on either side. For alliance, it's a longer queue time with a higher percentage of wins. For horde, super fast queues and quick losses for quick honor, and hey, once in a while you win.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't like the concept of ''Losing fast, gaining honor'' so i blacklist these battlegrounds.

i like my alliance dead and ragequitting, so rest of the battlegrounds are ok.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i don't like the concept of ''Losing fast, gaining honor'' so i blacklist these battlegrounds.

i like my alliance dead and ragequitting, so rest of the battlegrounds are ok.
    There's also the fact that you can only get Conquest Points in BGs by winning them.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I don't on Alliance, do on Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    There's also the fact that you can only get Conquest Points in BGs by winning them.
    You actually farm conquest points through random BGs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally black list EotS, just because I don't like it that much, no idea why
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You actually farm conquest points through random BGs?
    I cap my conq points solely by doing random bg's. And naturally as Horde, I blacklist av and ioc.

No, I love the bigger battlegrounds. It evens out the bot ratio, it evens out gear discrepancies and if you are smart you can make a huge impact on the outcome. For example, in IoC if you have stealth of any kind if you just burst one glaive on your own you just contributed more to your team than pretty much everyone else, or in AV if you rush cap in a straight line one of the opposing faction's base towers you also just contributed more than pretty much every single one of the 39 players (and bots) on your team.

I also love epic big 40vs40 zergfests as a healer (alt). It's not often that you can heal on scale like that even in PvE, let alone aoe pvp heal on that scale. It's fun. I especially love the area around the alliance base bridge in AV for this.

So no, I don't blacklist them and my winning ratio on both factions in these BGs is very much positive, because I know how to win them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    I cap my conq points solely by doing random bg's. And naturally as Horde, I blacklist av and ioc.
    That just seems like too much time. Maybe I just don't enjoy bg's enough anymore. Well actually I haven't really enjoyed them since Wotlk. Is it the equivalent of a pve hero farming 5 man dungeons for valor time wise? It just seems like it would take forever.

Deleted
    Well it allows him to grind all achievements, reputation etc down the road as well. Add bonus gold from converting honor points into x and if you manage to bring some friends it's actually fun and win rate increases greatly (esp. in the smaller bgs for obvious reasons).

I block both when i'm in the mood for pvp i don't want to lose just because we have no pve geared hero to carry us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    That just seems like too much time. Maybe I just don't enjoy bg's enough anymore. Well actually I haven't really enjoyed them since Wotlk. Is it the equivalent of a pve hero farming 5 man dungeons for valor time wise? It just seems like it would take forever.
    You would have to win 2 randoms per day + do the ToT daily quests to cap for the week. Not too bad if you only play 1-2 characters, but it can still be pretty painful for Alliance. Still need 1 RBG win to get a true cap, so I don't know why you would willingly do it this way unless you just can't get into a RBG group or don't want to use Oqueue.