Poll: Do you blacklist IOC and AV?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I blacklist both, on both sides. If I'm going to win by default in a BG I don't even like, I'd rather actually go do something I enjoy that has an added benefit of a challenge.

Deleted
    Horde so I Blacklist both on principle, all the real pvpers avoid them so I'd rather not party with the bots.

They need to be redesigned to be more balanced for horde. Also more rewarding for the time invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    They need to be redesigned to be more balanced for horde. Also more rewarding for the time invested.
    Sigh...

This crap again.

Horde loses both because of a very commonly accepted piss-poor strategy. Just like Alliance loses SSM and EotS so much because of piss poor strategy.

Don't want to lose IoC? Send 2 competent players do destroy the first and second wave of glaives. Everyone else runs bombs in Alliance keep (assuming you take hangar). If the glaives die Horde has a huge advantage, but no one wants to sacrifice themselves to ensure they die.

Don't want to lose AV? Organize a team to backcap IBT and TP, just like Alliance does almost every single game for SHB and IWB.

Basically if you are Horde player and just mindlessly follow the crowd in what you know to be a losing strategy then you have no one to blame but yourself for losses.

I actually like the big BGs, but blacklist both of these. IOC is plagued by bots on the horde side, and I mean plagued. I stop in and check periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Sigh...

This crap again.

Horde loses both because of a very commonly accepted piss-poor strategy. Just like Alliance loses SSM and EotS so much because of piss poor strategy.

Don't want to lose IoC? Send 2 competent players do destroy the first and second wave of glaives. Everyone else runs bombs in Alliance keep (assuming you take hangar). If the glaives die Horde has a huge advantage, but no one wants to sacrifice themselves to ensure they die.

Don't want to lose AV? Organize a team to backcap IBT and TP, just like Alliance does almost every single game for SHB and IWB.

Basically if you are Horde player and just mindlessly follow the crowd in what you know to be a losing strategy then you have no one to blame but yourself for losses.
    You can't organize bots, which seem to dominate these 2 bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Problem is Alliance can cap every fucking tower within 5 minutes.
    If only there was something the horde could do to prevent that. Golly gee, what could that possibly be?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I block IOC and the one with the ram things on both factions

If you don't blacklist them as horde, you get those two 24/7 because so many people do.

I enjoy them personally, but losing them constantly is depressing. So I blacklist them.

I've also rolled an alliance toon who I'm vaguely leveling and I'll probably play them on that character instead, if only so I can easily get all the achievements.

If I could RBG those battlegrounds, I'd be there with bells on... so much more interesting than the quick-fix small scale stuff.

I play Horde - when I do pvp.. I blacklist them both. Personally, I'm glad I got the ioc tabard before these all changes happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont blacklist any, and i never blame 'map balance' if we lose. To up your win ratios be that guy that actually does something to actually help achieve the victory, you may be suprised and actually enjoy it more. So instead of mindlessly running to balinda or grinding kills in mid, why not try defending at tower? Why not try getting up high fast and tagging north/south? These actions contribute to victory, its a shame everyone derps around to balinda and wonders why they lose

Deleted
    I blacklist both (as either faction), + wish there was 3rd option for Sota

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I blacklist both (as either faction), + wish there was 3rd option for Sota
    SOtA is by far the worst bg, but at least you can luck a win every now and then. I honestly believe the reason Alliance win isn't due to an advantage, but just they are more used to objective based BGs, whereas the Horde are much better at killing things, which is why they win the majority of the BGS where it is more useful to farm kills than complete an objective.
    Last edited by Bitethe; 2014-03-26 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    Horde. Yes I do, they are terrible BG's.

Deleted
    Sigh...

This crap again.

I played alliance for six years, and I agree about Isle. I recently started playing horde and it is amazing the difference even one player can make going for glaives. Horde just pursue a terrible strategy for no apparent reason and almost never listen to the many people trying to get them to do something else.

AV however, I think has an alliance advantage. The most obvious thing is when you start playing horde is the arrows that hit you when you reach Dun Baldar, also often combined with NPC's. It is much easier for alliance to avoid those things at Frostwolf. Additionally, and I'm not sure why this is, but Horde almost never kill Balinda before alliance kill Galv, even when they are much better geared. Given AV is often decided by seconds nowadays this is a critical edge.

Probably the difference isn't as great as Horde make out, it would be amplified by the fact sophisticated Hordies avoid it exacerbating the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not a fan of any of the 10 man BGs, except for maybe ToK. Those are the only ones I ever blacklist. (Alliance)

I don't like it, but I have to blacklist IOC and AV as Horde.

I actually LIKE those BGs, and the win/loss was close to 50% before blacklisting. But since people blacklist it like sheep and Alliance never blacklist it, the teams you get on Horde side are woefully underskilled vs the Alliance team.

The problem is NOT the BGs, it's the player belief that they are bad for Horde plus the ability to blacklist. The BGs themselves are relatively balanced, the slight Alliance advantage in AV is not that significant.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh...

This crap again.

This is completely true and 100% relevant before blacklisting.

Post-blacklisting, it's almost irrelevant because in IoC the Alliance can push all 3 bases at once and wipe out the Horde team with no effort at all 3. It's that bad. I've seen them sit on workshop with 5 healers and just outheal the entire Horde team while a few DPS picked off players at their leisure. Meanwhile they took docks and hangar with the rest of their team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    So so far 11% of horde does not blacklist it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So so far 11% of horde does not blacklist it.
    Which is why:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-424
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You think that is is the chicken or the egg?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I play horde and I do blacklist them. I really don't understand the, "it's just a random bg for gear, winning doesn't matter" attitude that's in my battlegroup most of the time. I don't care it's a random bg, I want to win.