Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nostalgia Hunter Thread!

Lets talk about Pokemonz!

I mean Hunters!

Like not current Hunters!

But old hunters!

Lets take a shower in the nostalgia shower!

And I just got a picture of a old person in the shower!

I dont know why!

ANYWAYS!

I'll start!

I remember when Pets were a very involved system.

All the silly things about it! Like you tamed the pet and it stayed that level requiring you to level it. You had to feed the bloody thing! And if you wanted the best skills for it, you had to go to Azshara and tame a cat with Claw (7) to teach your main pet.

It was a silly system by all means and if it was ever brought back all us spoiled WoW Huntards would be crying on the forum, myself included. But it really made you feel like your pet was a actual pet and you had to care for it if you wanted the best from it!

10+ Year Old Account
    For a time i did enjoy having the old volley - in pvp pop all cds and spam volley on a doorway, watching people melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    For a time i did enjoy having the old volley - in pvp pop all cds and spam volley on a doorway, watching people melt.
    Expecially on AV where you would exploit a bottleneck on the defensive.

Oh my gosh! Level 60 hunters~<3

Just the most OP things ever!

I remember seeing this silly shamen charging at me. I got a aimed shot off! It blasted his HP in half, then a Arcane after that for another 1/4. Then auto and serpent just finished him off as he realized that he was screwed in 10 seconds flat! I dont even think it was 10 seconds either! He was just D-E-D

Shadowmeld Aimed Shot from behind a bush in @ LM in AB BG....BOOM!

Flare actually countered rogue's sap. It actually was a useful spell but the rogue tears on forums made the spell useless. (Funny thing is I never heard them bitch how FF was a counter rogue only spell)

Feeding meh pet every hour, buying meat @ proper level because your cat is a precious little spoiled kitty that won't eat those spider meats you farmed in badlands since he was level 50.....

Having to fight your way back to range when a melee was on top of you....b/c disengage only lowered your melee threat.

Improved Wing Clip procced!

Aggressive pet un stealthing rogues with track hidden

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to love camping at lumber mill on my hunter and go Aspect of the Beast + Eyes of the best and run my pet over to stables to kill a few people ( all while being at lumber mill by the flag )

Oh damn they killed my pet? oh just let me revive him and send him right on back =D
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-03-14 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Old Volley.

I liked feeding my pet to keep it at 125% happiness.

I don't miss mana, as having to use a -50% damage "buff" to restore mana sucked.

Eyes of the Beast was fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    Step 1: tame wolf in human starting zone
    Step 2: Put wolf next to other wolfs
    Step 3: collect the tears

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarie View Post
    I loved Old Volley.

I liked feeding my pet to keep it at 125% happiness.

I don't miss mana, as having to use a -50% damage "buff" to restore mana sucked.

That feeling when WotLK is "old" @.@

Chimera shot in wrath felt a whole lot umph-ier.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Deleted
    I remember in vanilla when you couldnt trap in combat, but had to feign death before. You had to be careful though and time it right so you actually had time to put down the trap before getting hit again.

Scatter > Feign Death > Trap > Aimed Shot

If you mastered this combo, you mastered duels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Step 1: tame wolf in human starting zone
    Step 2: Put wolf next to other wolfs
    Step 3: collect the tears
    good one xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY miss Mana
    "Everything is a manifestation of your own free will, for better or for ill."

i honestly miss mana, i just can't get things to go around with the focus system (same as i can't get used to the new DK rune system, the old was better imo).

anyhow i remember back when the only reason you brought hunters to raids was for tranquilizing shot because they did shit dps no matter what, and their pet would often do more DPS than the hunter.

the best part was probably how incredibly bad the survival tree was and how the end talent only dealt 130 damage or so over 30 secs. while useful for keeping rogues out of stealth in PVP then it had no other use whatsoever.

Deleted
    Remember when explosive shot could stun 0.5sec on tick ? You could even smell the rage of the war stun mid-charge.

I remember well when at the end of vanila i was leveling my hunter in blasted lands then lv 60 rogue with perditions blade tryed to gank me i kited him all the way to deadwin pass, good days

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Lets talk about Pokemonz!

I mean Hunters!

Like not current Hunters!

But old hunters!

Lets take a shower in the nostalgia shower!

And I just got a picture of a old person in the shower!

I dont know why!

ANYWAYS!

I'll start!

I remember when Pets were a very involved system.

All the silly things about it! Like you tamed the pet and it stayed that level requiring you to level it. You had to feed the bloody thing! And if you wanted the best skills for it, you had to go to Azshara and tame a cat with Claw (7) to teach your main pet.

It was a silly system by all means and if it was ever brought back all us spoiled WoW Huntards would be crying on the forum, myself included. But it really made you feel like your pet was a actual pet and you had to care for it if you wanted the best from it!
    I haven't tamed a pet since Burning Crusade (I think...). Wait no, I was Beast Master and tamed a pet only BM's could use in Wrath...don't remember who or what or when. I have no idea how the taming system works now.

I miss the old days when you had to scour the wilderness and find different pets to upgrade your learned skills. That and pet stats mattering. Broken Tooth with his 1.0 speed was wonderful (at least that's who I remember it).

My main hunter was actually my second hunter (the first being the one I helped my ex level). I started him as a NE and I remember running my ass all over the place to get to Mulgore and tame The Rake. Used him until I could finally get Broken Tooth, and used him until I got Hawkbane (back when he was still an elite) in BC.

I also remember wondering what happened when you never fed your pet...until he ran away =(
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I also remember wondering what happened when you never fed your pet...until he ran away =(
    I lolled

I miss all the things about the Hunter, both bad and good things. One thing I haven't seen mentioned in the thread so far is the old Hunter ammunition. Remember you had to go to the ammo store all the time to stock up in bullets and arrows? But then there were also different qualities of ammunition. Like would you go and buy the cheap common quality arrows from the vendor, or shall I buy crafted Rare OR EVEN EPIC arrows on the AH for more DPS, but at a much higher gold-cost?

Volley.... RIP my friend and easy mode AoE. I think they shouldn't have made Barrage a CD, instead a continuous channel until you run out of focus

Deleted
    I'm going to get shot for this but I miss arrows and having to feed your pets, not just that though, needing reagents for spells and poisons when playing other classes too, as inconvinent as it was it added a healthy dose of immersion in this game, it made it feel more like and RPG.

Also, Volley was the shit!

I do miss mana but I remember there was this really op version of viper I think. You had ur normal mana regen but u gained mana back point for point the damage u did so u basically went oom to full in a few seconds

I miss arrows and the non-normalization of pets. That was part of being a hunter was working hard to ensure your pet was suited up for raid or you had the right reputations to get the best ammo.