Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Only thing i dont like about RoS

Hey,

Loved RoS sofar cept for one thing...

We are now level 70 and the rares that drop are worse than our gear from level 60, really?

99% of the items i found were worthless, even the legendaries at 70 was terrible in comparision to what i had on 60.

After 10 levels, shouldnt pretty much everything be an upgrade? Just look at the diffrence gear has in WoW, when youre done leveling all of your gear is swapped out, in RoS.... Not so much.

I know i will get better gear when i continue to level later today, thats not the point im trying to make.

I just think its wierd how insanely bad every rare/legendary drop have been so far, expected to change pretty much everything before 70 but ended up switching 2 items.

Tried the gambler aswell, only !@#$ after 10 items so far.
    Is it too much to ask that 70 gear is better than level 60 rares?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    We are now level 70 and the rares that drop are worse than our gear from level 60, really?
    Perhaps you could give us a specific example? Also, if you're talking about some 500 million gold 95% roll set/legendary, then maybe it's not that obvious that it would be replaced by a mere rare.

It really depends on that quality of gear. You take WoW as an example, where the highest quality endgame gear sometimes last through the next expansion and is not switched until the first raid tier. Same can be the case here.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well...

The lvl70 Rares have potential but they're gonna have to roll really well so that you'll replace your godly lvl60 items.
    I had a really good pair of lvl60 trifecta gloves which i replaced with lvl70 gloves with like 600 INT, 40chd, 9,5%cc. 80 AR and 1200 LoH :P

There's also the fact that it's gonna be a bit harder to get enough sustain for higher torment levels than it was at lvl60 since there is no Life Steal anymore so you need to get LoH/Life Regen/something else on every piece you can.

But so far I've only replaced my pants, gloves and weapon :P I'm kind of collecting some decent rares to eventually replace my Zuni 4-set but still lacking a good chest and helmet :P Got some good lvl70 unique boots and ring, though!

Deleted
    I dunno, I only played 30 minutes this morning (thanks work) and I replaced my 1300 dps Skorn 2h with a yellow 2h sword at lvl 61 with 1800 dps (which yields me 30% more toughness and 15% more healing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapons seem easy to replace, but at 63 and 64, I haven't replaced anything else. Not to mention the only piece of gear I was able to craft, was a pair of pants no relevant stats except vitality. I would hope it's different at 70, but damn, gear drops are total shit right now. Even legendaries I've found so far have been terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    It gets better at 70, but as I said in my previous post your super-well-rolled lvl60 items are going to be better than your average lvl70 rares... unless you only want toughness (the armor rolls are relatively high). But a well rolled lvl70 rare is a pretty big upgrade over even a godly lvl60 item.

I've only done 5 bounties and 1 Rift at lvl70 and I've already got quite a few upgrades waiting for me once I complete a full "set" that I can use to replace my Zunimasas. And I also need to farm some crafting mats to reroll the DEX Leorics I got earlier... along with a few other items :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Weapons seem easy to replace, but at 63 and 64, I haven't replaced anything else. Not to mention the only piece of gear I was able to craft, was a pair of pants no relevant stats except vitality. I would hope it's different at 70, but damn, gear drops are total shit right now. Even legendaries I've found so far have been terrible.
    I feel your pain, this is how i feel atm and everyone seems to think i just want free legendaries

Hey,

99% of the items i found were worthless, even the legendaries at 70 was terrible in comparision to what i had on 60.
    Strange, people from my clan were linking legendaries for lvl 61-63 and one handers had 1500 DPS. I call this big upgrade over my 1k weapons.

Im playing crusader and still below 60 (not enough time) so cant see myself but the linked drops looked good.

Strange, people from my clan were linking legendaries for lvl 61-63 and one handers had 1500 DPS. I call this big upgrade over my 1k weapons.
    Well a 1500 DPS weapon could potentially be worse than my current 1H if it lacks socket, STR and/or LoH, and I haven't had any amazing rolls on my Hallowed defender weapons.

My only gripe is that they made same mistake as in Cataclysm, I actually feel weaker when I level up, which is probably the biggest violation of "standard RPG feel". It also sucks that I have to replace all my legendaries (not because of stats, but because of playing style). It will get better in a couple of days as I gear up, but so far

In 7 hours you have haven't replaced your whole gear that u used 2 years to farm?
    Its mostly more armor/main stat on the new gear, ofc u wont replace it so fast.

Deleted
    My clanmates found 3000 DPS twohanders and 2100-2300 DPS onehanders, gear with 600-700 mainstat/vit, and so on. Shouldn't be that hard to replace your 60 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    Well a 1500 DPS weapon could potentially be worse than my current 1H if it lacks socket, STR and/or LoH, and I haven't had any amazing rolls on my Hallowed defender weapons.
    But the weapon had socket. Forgot name but it was really good str weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bllets View Post
    The Mystic can apparently enchant your weapon with a socket.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The Mystic can apparently enchant your weapon with a socket.
    Good luck finding enough of those crafting things to try rolling a socket :P Unless you get lucky and get it on the first try.

I wasted 12 of those mats earlier and only got useless stuff like chance to chill or +exp :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Good luck finding enough of those crafting things to try rolling a socket :P Unless you get lucky and get it on the first try.

I wasted 12 of those mats earlier and only got useless stuff like chance to chill or +exp :P
    Sure, but while you're farming for a better weapon, you can also save the one without a socket, farm for the mats, and perhaps try to socket it via the Mystic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post

Thought the whole idea of the enchantress was that you chose what to remove and what to add like in WoW, is it random?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thought the whole idea of the enchantress was that you chose what to remove and what to add like in WoW, is it random?
    Yeah it's extremely random :P But I guess if you could just choose what you wanted it'd be TOO easy.

Basically you get to choose what you reroll but what you get as the replacement is totally random.

Just to show off some items that can drop at level 70, so you can see that upgrades are definitely huge.

There is definitely no need to worry about level 70 items not being up to par, you just haven't been lucky enough.