Deleted

FFX + 2 HD out now

I don't see a thread about it, some I thought id make one.

FFX HD is out now for PS3/Vita, I have bought it, going to play it soon as it arrives! Its not quite an ff7 remake/revamp, but its pretty darn close, looking forward to it.

Anyone else excited about this?

Been playing it 40 plus hrs it fun

Damn only two posts? I haven't gotten it yet but am planning on it. It's a bit tough to find time for it when the D3 expansion, working on Gold CMs, and progressing on heroics. Plus I still haven't finished KH HD yet and want Southpark and to order the Wow DDE. Much games, little time. Handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is, FFX, is already one of the best graphics in the series (up to 12 at least), therefore, it probably has the least need to make a HD version, can you actually tell much difference?

- - - Updated - - -

I came across this vid: (shows the difference between 2 versions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpwr_mRSGFM

It is a bit shaper on edges, and I admit the battle theme sound a little nicer, but the differences are not obvious enough to warrant a purchase in my book.

The big reason to get it is the international content, which is included for both of the games. FFX International could be played with smap magic or a modded PS2 with English text because it was the same as the PAL release, but the X-2 International release has been Japanese text only until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    The big reason to get it is the international content, which is included for both of the games. FFX International could be played with smap magic or a modded PS2 with English text because it was the same as the PAL release, but the X-2 International release has been Japanese text only until now.
    Not sure if I understand you there....

You also get the international content that the English versions didn't for FFX. Im not sure if X-2 had exclusive content or not, but if so, it probably is included in that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Not sure if I understand you there....
    The international versions are Japanese re-releases with new content, additional super bosses, etc etc

For FFX, this is the Dark Aeons and Penance, all significantly more difficult than any other boss in the game

For FFX-2, there's the Creature Creator and Monster Arena where you can capture fiends and see stories about them and compete in increasingly harder tournaments that culminate in a super boss much tougher than anything in the original. There's also X-2 Last Mission, which is pretty much an additional game with significantly different gameplay.

All new content never officially released in the US, until now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a big difference, all UI elements are updated and look great in addition to all new HD textures for every texture in the game, additionally almost every song in the game was remixed or rearranged. And if you never played the international version there are some extra super bosses and in X-2 some extra dress spheres and a new mode called creature creator. I'm still playing X, trying to get platinum, so I'm not sure what other changes were made in X-2.