Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Haste breakpoints used to be a thing when L&L proc-rate was much lower, and regen was much lower. The idea would be to have a perfect CS/AS count that was snug within the 6s ES window. Nowadays we have L&L all over the place, and bleed focus, so that isn't really an issue.
    Thing is, back in Cata the haste plateaus wasn't really even a thing, it was something you could go for, just as it is today, but it didn't really change anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    With correct play you will get more out of ToTH in pretty much all scenarios though.
    It's actually because of incorrect play and human error that TotH is so strong. With perfect play, Fervor would be minutely ahead in single target.

Deleted
    In a SV spec, combined with the T-16 bonus, I don't see how TotH is not the optimal choice. Plus ArS scales with mastery, and a cheaper Multi-Shot allows you to cast other stuff behind it.
    Not even mentioning the satisfaction to spam your ArS button that comes with it X)

I try to keep the BM thread updated at EJ, but I'll have to apologize for the state of the SV thread. I tried to get a new moderator for that, but it was a lost cause (I think Esoth didn't want to give away moderator privileges so he updated it briefly/haphazardly before 5.4). Maybe in WoD, we can get it back on track and have something useful to the high-end raiding community again for SV at EJ.

I too miss the days when theorycrafting was more the norm, and we had better discussions on class potential. There's so much "intuition"-based chaffe here at MMO-Champion that it's usually a waste of time to even try to correct it. It just churns off the front page in a few days, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I try to keep the BM thread updated at EJ, but I'll have to apologize for the state of the SV thread. I tried to get a new moderator for that, but it was a lost cause (I think Esoth didn't want to give away moderator privileges so he updated it briefly/haphazardly before 5.4). Maybe in WoD, we can get it back on track and have something useful to the high-end raiding community again for SV at EJ.

I too miss the days when theorycrafting was more the norm, and we had better discussions on class potential. There's so much "intuition"-based chaffe here at MMO-Champion that it's usually a waste of time to even try to correct it. It just churns off the front page in a few days, anyway.
    What about a good BM guide on here with advanced tips/huge discussion thread.. Basically the ElitistJerks guide but without the super strict moderation? I'd love to help out moderate/write/help out on such a thread?

About the intuition-based misinformation, that stuff is quickly shut down these days, MMO-Champion is better than it has ever been. It's much easier to see who knows what they're talking about and few discussions are ended without proper data to show some conclusion.

No offense to any guide-writers/followers of EJ still, I just don't get it. It's counter-productively strict, I think, don't see why we don't just pick up these pretty mature forums for our hunter "portal".

Man I'd love a Hunter DPS discussion thread on here, be it spec-specific or just in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Man I'd love a Hunter DPS discussion thread on here, be it spec-specific or just in general.
    I agree with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What about a good BM guide on here with advanced tips/huge discussion thread.. Basically the ElitistJerks guide but without the super strict moderation? I'd love to help out moderate/write/help out on such a thread?

About the intuition-based misinformation, that stuff is quickly shut down these days, MMO-Champion is better than it has ever been. It's much easier to see who knows what they're talking about and few discussions are ended without proper data to show some conclusion.

No offense to any guide-writers/followers of EJ still, I just don't get it. It's counter-productively strict, I think, don't see why we don't just pick up these pretty mature forums for our hunter "portal".

Have to agree about the strictness of EJ being counter-productive. I got infracted on my first time posting on there, for posting a well structured paragraph, but missed a capital letter on one of my I's. Didn't bother posting again.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-03-28 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Have to agree above the strictness of EJ being counter-productive. I got infracted on my first time posting on there, for posting a well structured paragraph, but missed a capital letter on one of my I's. Didn't bother posting again.
    This.

Nobody will contribute if they have to be super careful about what they say to not get infracted/punished, rather just not post anything at all.

MMO-C or riot.

Since they changed the EJ forums to be less expressive in their BBCode and instead rely on an external web developer to "elevate guides to articles", it also makes it extremely difficult to maintain guides through patches and game changes. Instead of focusing on content, you have to pour through hundreds or thousands of lines of HTML div, img, and other tags just to find what you need to edit. Creating new sections is even more problematic without extensive web development experience.

Combined with the infractions (even I have infractions), the web developer experience requirements make it even harder to maintain and create good guides there. Talking to the moderators who oversee guide creation, it's been difficult to convince them that anything needs to change. They say they want to find more ways to drive traffic to their forums, but they don't seem to respond to suggestions involving adding better and more useful content/guides, which I believe is pretty damned necessary.

Anyway, yeah, all the reasons mentioned above are why I come here to discuss mechanics. EJ is simply not what it used to be for discussion and guidance on end game raiding. This has been, for the entirety of this expansion, the place to discuss and find end game raiding advice--even if you do have to sift through a lot of information to get to useful nuggets.

Strictly speaking as a moderator, what I've noticed on MMO-C is that when we "sticky" useful threads, they tend to get neglected, as people seem to view them as a sort-of repository for information and not really an active discussion. Or maybe they actively or subconsciously skip past the sticky threads as "announcement" threads...I know lots of people miss the "Fix My DPS" thread which is why I, personally, don't mind when people make their own threads for their own particular problems.

That "sticky-decay" happened to our beta changes thread, and I believe we even had a stickied SV guide at some point as well, but it was virtually dead in terms of discussion. Then, these kind of threads get unstickied, either to try and garner more discussion or because they're hopelessly out of date and the author is MIA. And then they fall off the first page and into oblivion.

The ideal is an active mega-thread which feeds updates to the guides, with an annotated changelog, perhaps with post links, so the guide threads don't spawn massive page counts which new players get intimidated by/don't read through for the real nuggets, but that hasn't really happened yet.

Other class subforums, though, have regular spec guides written by users which eventually get stickied. I don't mind collating and maintaining change logs and things like that, but I'd feel a bit out of my element writing the guide, considering the talent we have on this subforum.

If anyone has any ideas for how they'd like to see such a thread happen, I'm all ears.

The problem I see is that there are too many unnecessary stickies in the Hunter forum which would cause people to just skip past them or not take notice of them at all. Some of them could easily be removed in favour of cleaning up the board.

Fix my DPS - Could easily be removed in favor of just asking for help in a spec guide thread (would require guides to be posted and stickied first however)
    Transmog discussion - Rarely used, waste of a sticky spot in my opinion, especially considering we have a board for transmog discussions now
    Post your UI thread - Not really sure why it deserves a sticky
    T16 Tips and Tricks - Spec specific tips could easily be moved into spec specific guides, a lot of the "tips and tricks" that are there are common knowledge or plain obvious due to fight strats anyway (HUNTERS CAN STUN ADDS ON NAZGRIM WOW SO CAN EVERYONE ELSE).
    Welcome thread - Does this really need to be there, seems like unnecessary clutter.

Whereas if you compare it to the Druid forums there are 5 stickied guides with active discussions and the normal helpful threads sticky. A lot cleaner
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-03-29 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post

Basically this. The most "Theorycrafting" discussion I see now is pretty basic and goes off of intuition like you said. Icy veins or noxxic is just terrible for this with their priorities being simplified down to 5 or 6 rows and usually they are horribly wrong.