Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Exactly. Let's say I'm a poor guy who wants to sell chairs to poor people:

- I need a license to produce, a license to sell, and a license that says I'm not dangerous to the ambiental environment, regardless of how much it will cost for me to get these licenses, and how poor I am;

- I need to make sure my chair supports a minimum weight value (there's this law in Brazil, I don't know about US), regardless of how much it will cost, how much I'll charge for the chair, and how heavy my customers are;

- I need to pay the minimum wage, regardless of how productive the workers are, how poor I am, and how cheap my chairs are going to be;

- I need to pay other benefits, like social security and unemployement insurance, regardless of how productive the workers are, how poor I am, and how cheap my chairs are going to be;

...I think you got the idea. Poor people can't start their own business. Regulations forces them to work for the rich, which increases social inequality.

I would love for a person to start making chairs dirt cheap in the US and then see how he will get sued the first time chair breaks and someone hurts themselves trying to sit in it, and then sues the manufacturer into oblivion! And believe me if that was to happen the manufacturer would complain to no end that he "isnt protected enough agaisnt that"

- - - Updated - - -

I own the air inside my house. I do not own the air inside yours. That's why I can forbid you from smoking in my house, but I can't forbid you from smoking in your house.

If my car throws smoke into your property, you should be able to sue me, in my understanding.
    You do realise that you would NEVER be able to proove that "anyone specifics car" poured toxic gas into someones property??

The government (or another institution, that still is open to debate between libertarians) should be allowed to enforce property rights. I shouldn't be allowed to polute your water because it is yours, not mine. When I say "no regulation", I mean that I'm against - for instance - laws that forbid me from paying you to polute your water.
    Well, thats an interesting idea but it would be very hard to implement it fairly. The world isnt fair and power isnt equal.
    There are smart and good regulations though... I would say it have a tendancy to get bloated though.

When it comes to doom sayers David Webb is my favorite, he believes our current economic system will collapse. Lol

He is a quite a fan of some regulations. It was one of the reasons for why he packed his bags and family up and moved here in 2008, he used to be a very classical conservative, worked for numerous hedgefunds on Wall Street, owned Verus Investments($600 million in managed assets) and was a senior manager at Shaker Investments, with 1.5 billion in managed assets. He basically did a 360 after the IT crash, he used to be very much against regulations.

With that in mind I always find this funny coming from wall street wolf.
    Swedish regulation – we want that!

There is real value in Swedish regulation and oversight. While the catastrophic costs of ineffective regulation/oversight have been demonstrated elsewhere, Sweden has proven that the cost of real regulation, and oversight, is not prohibitive.

Swedish regulation and oversight eliminate many significant uncertainties for investors.

Swedish law provides effective and differentiated investor protection in a time of increased insolvency risk. Under Swedish law the securities holdings of investors may be effectively segregated and protected from the risk of insolvency of the account provider.
    He owns and manages another hedgefund now, based here though, Origin Investments. Im really looking forward to his book, Paradigm Collaps, should be... interesting. Lol
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-03-28 at 11:13 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Government is supposed to be about justice.