Deleted

is it worth coming back?

is diablo3 going to be alive again, like at the initial release?
    and do you guys like RoS so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is being played like crazy right now and I think loot 2.0 and paragon 2.0 along with RoS is what D3 should have been from the start.

But we can't tell you if you'd like it.

It's still diablo 3, as in, it's not diablo 2. If you like these sorts of games then you'll probably get 1-3 weeks out of it before you get bored again.

It has some new features, and a new champion, and the loot 2.0 thing is nice for solo play and all that stuff, which is nice, but ultimately the gameplay is still as shallow and restrictive as it always was, and they've corrected few of the mistakes they made (even going out of their way to add some for good measure, like by making items soulbound... lol), and the game is as asocial as it always was (if anything they've made it worse).

So... if D3 keep your interest for a few weeks at launch, the expansion will probably keep your interest for a little less than that. At least that's what I expect for me.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    It's still diablo 3, as in, it's not diablo 2. If you like these sorts of games then you'll probably get 1-3 weeks out of it before you get bored again.

It has some new features, and a new champion, and the loot 2.0 thing is nice for solo play and all that stuff, which is nice, but ultimately the gameplay is still as shallow and restrictive as it always was, and they've corrected few of the mistakes they made (even going out of their way to add some for good measure, like by making items soulbound... lol), and the game is as asocial as it always was (if anything they've made it worse).

So... if D3 keep your interest for a few weeks at launch, the expansion will probably keep your interest for a little less than that. At least that's what I expect for me.
    The gameplay has changed a lot. Besides scaling difficulty which allows you to challenge yourself at all levels there is the adventure modes, rifts, mystic with enchanting & re-rolling stats, and a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to RoS (although moneyless to buy it now - someday, someday...), Loot 2.0 definitely revitalized it to a whole new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    More stuff like a ladder system and tiered rifts coming in the next content patch.

Short answer for me: Yes. Absolutely worth it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

IMO, the game is fun, but I can't really recommend it to someone on the fence about it. I agree with the poster that says you will get 1-3 weeks out of it if it's not your thing. For me, there are several issues that hurts the game, like the restrictive 4/2 system and the scaling of items from 60 -> 70 where only really primary stats goes up. A lot of legendaries are just plain bad too because they can roll really shitty affixes, when honestly Blizzard knows that certain items need to roll certain affixes (or not have certain affixes because of the 4/2 system) in order to even be considered useable.

There's challenges you can put yourself up to like beating torment X difficulty and stuff, but the difficulty of Diablo-type games come down to numbers - aka artificial difficulty. This won't be such a problem if not for what I said above.

It honestly feels like I'm in the best gear possible right now that I can get within reason, minus getting legendaries that roll the right stats on all 4 primaries. Item hunting has always been fun for me but I prefered D2 way still to this day. Knowing for certain what you will get (even if there's a range on the stats it rolls) beats playing the RNG game of rolling the right stats on it when you already have to rely on RNG for the drops. That's a pretty big deterrent for me as it stands.

Anyway this is all just a IMO as I said. Might not be my cup of tea but might be yours. The expansion was worth it and I had fun, but I still think D2 did items better even after 2.0 (though 2.0 is a step in the right direction and I really hope they improve on it soon and not wait a long time or keep with the current model - I honestly feel they can make it a lot better) and well, items are a big part of the game.

This game is grindier than a korean mmo. If you like doing the same thing endlessly, or work for the federal government you will love this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The gameplay has changed a lot. Besides scaling difficulty which allows you to challenge yourself at all levels there is the adventure modes, rifts, mystic with enchanting & re-rolling stats, and a new class.
    Don't agree. The core gameplay is exactly the same, you just do it in different locations. It's the same thing, where you put ONE resource-using ability on your bars (or two if the second one has a cooldown or some other factor limiting its spam), then you spam that one as much as possible, spamming your ONE free/resource-generating ability when resources are unavailable, and sometimes use cooldowns if you have a class lucky enough not to have to spend active ability slots on passive abilities.

such frozen orb
    many electrocute
    very buffs
    wow

On lower difficulties I get the luxury of replacing the pathetic D3 version of teleport with another damage-dealing ability.

I've been leveling a crusader since the expansion hit, and he's the same. I try out the various abilities he has, but almost all of them are pointless, because they compete against abilities which are superior most of the time, and resources and hotbar slots are limited, which means you end up going with your one resource-spam ability, your one resource-free/generating ability, and your bunch 'o buffs/cooldowns.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

item account bound diablo is not diablo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Don't agree. The core gameplay is exactly the same, you just do it in different locations. It's the same thing, where you put ONE resource-using ability on your bars (or two if the second one has a cooldown or some other factor limiting its spam), then you spam that one as much as possible, spamming your ONE free/resource-generating ability when resources are unavailable, and sometimes use cooldowns if you have a class lucky enough not to have to spend active ability slots on passive abilities.

such frozen orb
    many electrocute
    very buffs
    wow

On lower difficulties I get the luxury of replacing the pathetic D3 version of teleport with another damage-dealing ability.

I've been leveling a crusader since the expansion hit, and he's the same. I try out the various abilities he has, but almost all of them are pointless, because they compete against abilities which are superior most of the time, and resources and hotbar slots are limited, which means you end up going with your one resource-spam ability, your one resource-free/generating ability, and your bunch 'o buffs/cooldowns.
    I actually found the Crusader to be one of the better examples of NOT doing this, especially at the lower/mid levels.

Eg I'm running both Shield Bash and the big cleave Wrath-spender I forget the name of, because Shield Bash is godly for charging into the middle of the pack to get to archers/casters while knocking away the grunts, while the cleave is much better for cleaning up once you're in the thick of things.

And on my DH I run one hatred builder (Bolas), two spenders (Turret and Cluster), two Discipline spenders (Vault and Shadow Veil which are used obsessively to stay alive) and Vengeance for a massive DPS boost to clear out elites and bosses. In higher difficulties I can't stand and turret; I've gotta use everything I have to kite including the terrain while picking good targets for Bolas stun to build up Hatred in between firing off Clusters. Everything gets used.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)