SV : 4 set vs 2 set + heroic gear

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it's worth breaking the 4 set bonus to use 2 heroic item? Im playing survival by the way.

Thx in advance for your help

Deleted
    If your 4set is normal mode, I'm gonna go with a hunch and say no. It's really too strong for SV. Also, what heroic pieces are these?

I simmed my character on femaledwarf.com, and the 4-set bonus is worth something like 15+k dps (compared to 2-set which is worth 3.4k). I would recommend simming it there, but a quick test showed that it was not worth a swap for me. I do play Survival.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

4-set.

15k DPS seems underwhelming, it's such a huge bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    4-set.

15k DPS seems underwhelming, it's such a huge bonus.
    I guess it's difficult to sim something properly that varies so strongly based on RNG.

But to answer OPs question, I would personally stick to the 4pc. I can't imagine the stat gain from 2 heroic items outweighing the set bonus.

AND IF I TRY BM ? items are head and shoulders

Can I hijack this thread about a similar "upcoming problem"?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...2deye/advanced

When I obtain my legendary, would obtaining the warforged helm and legs off Ordos (even though crafted legs are a few ilvls lower, aren't they better than Ordos WF legs? Better itemized for SV right over Ordos?) be worth it to break 4 piece?
    I want to say no as 4 piece is such a huge boost ... My best streak that I've counted is 14 back-to-back Explosive Shots.

EDIT: I actually just saw Ordos drops WF gear for every slot (minus gloves). Would it be worth grabbing those 4 and giving up the bonuses in my Flex/LFR tier gear?
    Last edited by get big or die mirin; 2014-03-25 at 08:57 PM.
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    AND IF I TRY BM ? items are head and shoulders
    Gonna assume these are the Norushen shoulders and the Dark Shamans head. If so, that's even less of a reason to drop them for SV, since they have no crit on them.

Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post

When I obtain my legendary, would obtaining the warforged helm and legs off Ordos (even though crafted legs are a few ilvls lower, aren't they better than Ordos WF legs? Better itemized for SV right over Ordos?) be worth it to break 4 piece?
    I want to say no as 4 piece is such a huge boost ... My best streak that I've counted is 14 back-to-back Explosive Shots.

EDIT: I actually just saw Ordos drops WF gear for every slot (minus gloves). Would it be worth grabbing those 4 and giving up the bonuses in my Flex/LFR tier gear?
    Are you really lucky enough to expect to get every single, *different* piece from Ordos in a time-frame that it will still matter?

(just playing Devil's Advocate a bit)
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by get big or die mirin View Post

sim to be sure but I have a feeling that even lfr tier would outclass ordos gear.

Don't break 4-piece for agility honestly, unless we're talking 2k+ agility.