Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    or even a conventional terror attack?
    Yup, because unlike a pressure cooker you can't buy uranium at retail outlets.

Deleted
    Russia is weak compared to the west. Their military is outdated. Equipment is old and not functional. Their military budget is 1/10 just compared to Nato. Not even to mention USA. Russia will be utterly crushed if it comes down to any military action.

Russia will no longer exist if the west choose to intervene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Russia is weak compared to the west. Their military is outdated. Equipment is old and not functional. Their military budget is 1/10 just compared to Nato. Not even to mention USA. Russia will be utterly crushed if it comes down to any military action.

Russia will no longer exist if the west choose to intervene.
    The only problem with that is that there won't be any Europe either f.ex.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russi...ss_destruction
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2014-03-26 at 05:25 PM.

Not being American, I don't really have a horse in this race.

That said, its a pretty confusing statement to me at least, since it deals with relative threats.
    Assuming he is going off some list of threats the nuke in Manhattan could be number 1, Russia be number 2, and down at like number 20 could be something like september 11 happening again, something that already HAS happened.

If he was trying to drive the point that Russia is of very little concern he should have just gone with something absurd or impossible, like flying cows from the moon or something as utterly impossible.

Especially if there was a nuke loose somewhere, lost by any country they wouldn't exactly announce the fact it was loose to the general population, hell some of them wouldn't even tell other countries that one was loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I'm done with this. From what I've gathered you're actually insane.

He could have picked millions of things, it makes no difference, his point is completely the same. If you're pathetic enough that you have to latch on to every word and take everything literally, and you get terrified when people say things, then perhaps you should live in a bubble and only communicate with family that know your problems.
    I obviously don't believe there's a nuke missing but he could have used a better example. It was a poor choice of words, while highly unlikely there's still the possibility of something like that happening.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Russia is much more pro-west than they would like to admit in Kreml, but it's just not going to be The West's bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    But it is no more or less likely to happen because he said it.

Yes his wording is poor. No, it doesn't mean anything more because he said it.
    Here's the sad part, it's only poor wording because people of a.... hmmmm, less understanding disposition love to not bother seeing context and blow shit out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Russia is much more pro-west than they would like to admit in Kreml, but it's just not going to be The West's bitch.
    The developed world has come to such a state of abundance and luxury that nobody actually wants to fight an all out war any more. So it's all strategic posturing, clever burns, and quagmire proxy wars in the developing world.

Most of the direct conflict is now waged through economic actions (and inactions).

Like the proposed "Russian Vodka Ban" by one of my provinces politicians is the 21st century equivalent to shooting down a Russian spy plane that flew a little too low.

Although Crimea was the first bit of technical expansionism ever achieved by a first world country in the 21st century, which is what's shocking about it; but everybody saw it coming from a mile away.

Normally, I'm more than happy to jump onto the possibility of a conspiracy theory, but I just think that people are misinterpreting what Obama said here and taking his words out of context.

It probably wasn't the best choice of words to use for his analogy, but that's really all it seems to be. The guy is getting more and more gray every time I see him and he looks completely exhausted in that video. He probably didn't think anyone would find hidden meaning in his words.

Now, if a nuke goes off in Manhattan within the next few weeks, then color me shocked!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It was bad wording. But you'd have one hell of a hard time hiding a nuke in Manhattan.
    I disagree. A "nuke" is about the size of a car. Now, tell me how hard it would be to find ONE car in Manhattan. Sure, it's radioactive, but you're running over the entire island, checking every single vehicle for anomalous radiation readings? It's not like we've got radiation detectors built in to every carport and parking structure in the city.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I obviously don't believe there's a nuke missing
    "Senator Lindsey Graham has warned South Carolinians about the threat of a ‘terrorist nuclear attack’ on the same day that our exclusive high level military intel revealed to us that nuclear warheads were being shipped to South Carolina from a major Texas airforce base under an ‘off the record’ black ops transfer."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Normally, I'm more than happy to jump onto the possibility of a conspiracy theory, but I just think that people are misinterpreting what Obama said here and taking his words out of context.

It probably wasn't the best choice of words to use for his analogy, but that's really all it seems to be. The guy is getting more and more gray every time I see him and he looks completely exhausted in that video. He probably didn't think anyone would find hidden meaning in his words.

Now, if a nuke goes off in Manhattan within the next few weeks, then color me shocked!
    You can look at it that way, and I can see an argument for that. My problem is that this is the president of the united states and his words are chosen very carefully. He knew exactly what he was saying and he was sincere. Yes he is more worried about a nuke in manhattan because it's an actual threat where as russia isn't an actual threat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Speaking at a brief news conference in the Hague, President Obama said he's more worried about a loose nuke being detonated in Manhattan than he is about Russia. http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...an_786009.html

Is he just fear mongering or does he know something we don't?
    If he started saber rattling against Russia wouldn't that just be fear mongering too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yup, because unlike a pressure cooker you can't buy uranium at retail outlets.
    they have them at walmart i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If he started saber rattling against Russia wouldn't that just be fear mongering too?

- - - Updated - - -

they have them at walmart i'm sure.
    Saber rattles?