Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoD beta in march(?)... yhea right!

Many believed that WoD beta would come out this march but as it looks now I dont think so.
    We have got no notices for beta and barely any news of WoD at all.
    This can mean the WoD is not as close as we think.
    I would guess on late summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    Many believed that WoD beta would come out this march but as it looks now I dont think so.
    We already know that they are planning on releasing "as early into Fall as possible". That means September. As long as the Beta is long enough to get the kinks out for a solid release, then it doesn't really matter when it starts.
    You just lost The Game

im still going for 6.0 in august with a 1 month extention on the courent pvp season and wod in september that would put the beta reasonably in may and that gives them quite a bit of beta time. that would put them smack bang in the middle of fall

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im still going for 6.0 in august with a 1 month extention on the courent pvp season and wod in september that would put the beta reasonably in may and that gives them quite a bit of beta time. that would put them smack bang in the middle of fall
    They like long betas i guess. Saying beta in April release in late September-mid October. 6.0 ptr in lat May- Early June.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I thought the next expansion might be out in April or May...

And many said it wouldn't be.
    The summer predictions were made very early on.
    It is simply stupid to take those as gospel when they have no context to base their timings on.

It will be ready when it is ready.
    Trying to put a time on it isn't going to achieve anything, and the person who gets it right does so for no reason other than sheer dumb luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So much for being farther ahead than Mists was at the time of reveal. Both were revealed at Blizzcon of their respective years, yet Mists beta launched mid March and we still have no signs of Warlords beta. They're really falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    Blizzard rarely does notices for beta in advance. If you recall, back in March 2012 we also thought MoP beta was weeks away when suddenly beta servers went up on March 23, just days after the press tour. The only notice we got was a note on Boubouille's blog saying "Beta starts Friday" a couple days earlier...so not even an official notice.

It does worry me that Beta hasn't started yet. MoP beta started March 23 and the expansion ended up releasing on September 25. However, it's worth noting that the MoP beta was the longest of all the betas at 6 months from beta to release. Cataclysm was just over 5 months and both BC and WotLK hovered around 4 months.

It does suck that SoO will last over a year (it will be the first raid tier to do so) but TBH that was a consequence of the patches in MoP coming a lot faster. If WoD releases in early October, the length of the MoP would be pretty comparable to earlier expansions (the longest expansion would still be WotLK (although vanilla was longer)), but this is still disappointing considering Blizzard was aiming for faster expansion releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    So much for being farther ahead than Mists was at the time of reveal. Both were revealed at Blizzcon of their respective years, yet Mists beta launched mid March and we still have no signs of Warlords beta. They're really falling behind.
    This is why I never trust "It's more complete on reveal!" claims; they are always optimistic.

However, it's curious to me; with the press tours recently, it was said that the WoD starting zones (or at least the Alliance one) were complete barring cinematics and scenarios. Jade Forest was barely complete in the MoP beta, and it eventually had major changes made. It does seem like WoD is ready for beta, but they aren't starting beta yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We already know that they are planning on releasing "as early into Fall as possible". That means September. As long as the Beta is long enough to get the kinks out for a solid release, then it doesn't really matter when it starts.
    I assure you there is no such plan and they are not communicating any such plan.

Mid-late December is the hoped for retail release date. Beta is mid July. (Maybe.) If some features are dropped from the beta perhaps a little sooner, but that will also delay the retail release past the end of the year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    I assure you there is no such plan and they are not communicating any such plan.

Mid-late December is the hoped for retail release date. Beta is mid July. (Maybe.) If some features are dropped from the beta perhaps a little sooner, but that will also delay the retail release past the end of the year.
    the only reason they stuck the 20 December there is due to the legal demand they have to have a release date for the preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    This is why I never trust "It's more complete on reveal!" claims; they are always optimistic.

However, it's curious to me; with the press tours recently, it was said that the WoD starting zones (or at least the Alliance one) were complete barring cinematics and scenarios. Jade Forest was barely complete in the MoP beta, and it eventually had major changes made. It does seem like WoD is ready for beta, but they aren't starting beta yet anyway.
    Hopefully this means that all zones well be of equal awesomeness. It was painfully obvious that Jade Forest had more time and effort put into it than any other zone in MoP. That last minute update to it was a godsend.

The first two zones so far look good. Since beta isn't out yet, they may be taking the time to have all the major things done, so the beta can be just about refining them.

I'm thinking end of April for the very start of beta (who knows how many they'll invite, expecting primarily streamers to hype it like with HS)

Deleted
    And this is probably closest to the truth.

They countered TESO preorder date with WoD preorder
    D3 expansion = SMITE (exactly the same day)
    Wildstar release = WoD beta start
    December 20th (WoD) = they are expecting something big from EQN probably

Mid-late December is the hoped for retail release date. Beta is mid July
    Absolutely nothing suggests this to be true
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Absolutely nothing suggests this to be true
    And nothing suggested the beta wouldn't be out by February, either. Or that the release date would be coined with "this fall" on it. December is completely believable at this point and it's time to just accept it. Those people back at Blizzcon to February saying "December release" and all of us, rightfully, calling them "talking bullshit" when suggesting it have 180'd.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    I remember when I thought the next expansion might be out in April or May...
    So much hope and respect for blizzard gone in just a couple of months :P

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah... Inb4 they make a silly excuse to release it in Jan 2015... Blizzard just likes to disappoint people nowadays and they keep getting delayed. While I don't know in programming and these things, they might have been delayed due to technical reasons but why in the first place say that you're farther ahead in development than MoP and make hype just to disappoint us later with a (POSSIBLE) Dec release...

I'm really expecting a May beta at this point honestly and if it came out before I'd be really surprised. All of a sudden they went from hype mode to lets keep our mouths sealed mode. PAX East is just there to build more hype to keep us interested and to show us what they're working on now, to keep us away from thinking about beta that'd be in Mid-Late May. That might happen if they get delayed even more.

You know they won't keep pushing it back forever right? So endlessly saying beta is 2-3 months out and you're bound to overshoot by a mile in the end.

They never give warning for beta, so till the end someone will be saying beta won't be for another 2+ months out.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2014-03-25 at 10:17 PM.

they fell behind because the focused on the 2 starting zones for too long.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I said it before and I'll repeat myself again:

if less people would keep paying subs during the "dead season", we'd get Betas quicker and expansions too. It's very simple business logic. They don't need to give you NEW stuff to keep you lot entertained, as you're happy chewing on yesterday's sandwich.

Sad, really.