Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    How is it not dying?
    Sony is slowly going bankrupt.
    Nintendo is doing just awful, microsoft wants to shit on its customers and the xbox department is slowly dying.
    Whats left then?

Oculus rift was needed because its something fresh, something to bring back creativity, thats gone.
    What does this also tell anyone who want to support further development on various things within the video game industry? Yeah it tells them to not support any shit, because it will be sold out to corporative shitheads that will ruin any form of development.
    Sony will live. It might just become smaller as they sell off/shutdown non-profitable divisions.

Nintendo looks set to exit the console market and enter the health/QoL market - i.e. selling of BS health products to morons.

MS is under a lot of pressure to get rid of the Xbox division, that still hasn't make back it's total life time expenditure, and focus on their profitable core markets.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Sony will live. It might just become smaller as they sell off/shutdown non-profitable divisions.

Nintendo looks set to exit the console market and enter the health/QoL market - i.e. selling of BS health products to morons.

MS is under a lot of pressure to get rid of the Xbox division, that still hasn't make back it's total life time expenditure, and focus on their profitable core markets.
    And all that is extremely negative on the video game industry.

Deleted
    RIP Oculus, 2013-2014

My current state of mind:

Last edited by mmocda37b2a89b; 2014-03-26 at 01:14 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And all that is extremely negative on the video game industry.
    That said, video games will survive somehow.

If Hollywood falls off the face of the earth tomorrow, it doesn't mean it's the end of movies.

As long as there are people who want to play games and people willing to make games, there will always be a "video game industry" - just not in it's current form.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    That said, video games will survive somehow.

If Hollywood falls off the face of the earth tomorrow, it doesn't mean it's the end of movies.

As long as there are people who want to play games and people willing to make games, there will always be a "video game industry" - just not in it's current form.
    You are still missing half of my point.
    The industry is at a stagnant state, No Ps4 and Xbone isnt pushing anything at all.

Oculus could have pushed technology, brought creativity back to the industry.
    Now it will be used for le social chats and twisting money out of people who dont know better.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are still missing half of my point.
    The industry is at a stagnant state, No Ps4 and Xbone isnt pushing anything at all.

Oculus could have pushed technology, brought creativity back to the industry.
    Now it will be used for le social chats and twisting money out of people who dont know better.
    There is still Sony's VR ...

And so what if it's stagnant, that doesn't mean it's dying, it just means not growing.

It's been nearly 20 years. Video games are a mature industry. Innovation comes when it comes.

If Sony's VR takes off, there will be others who will enter the VR game.

Where were you when gaming died?
    R.I.P. Gaming.

Never forget, 3/25/2014!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Does anybody consider this a good thing?
    hell no. The next big technological leap in video games used for .... facebook games. it's ... disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    hell no. The next big technological leap in video games used for .... facebook games. it's ... disappointing.
    Facebook games, Facebook chat and targeted advertising.

If you think this can bring anything positive then you are being delusional.
    The video game industry needed Oculus rift, a slowly dying industry, now thats all over thanks to shitterberg.
    Hyperbole much? The industry is changing.

Damn, i had such high hopes for OR. Scumbag Zukerberg had to step in and ruin it all.

I am still holding on to a shred of hope that this won't go completely down hill and now i really hope Sony's version isn't total shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Damn, i had such high hopes for OR. Scumbag Zukerberg had to step in and ruin it all.

I am still holding on to a shred of hope that this won't go completely down hill and now i really hope Sony's version isn't total shit.
    Okay, I am missing something. How is Facebook bad. Or is this the new cool thing to hate?

In a few years when Facebook crashes/is replaced what's going to happen to all these companies they are buying up?
    Also VR is a fad much like 3D, it won't last.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

As a person who wears glasses, I honestly don't mind one way or another about Oculus Rift. I don't 'not care' since I know others will enjoy it a lot, but personally its like 3D glasses for me - its just not for me.

If they fix those issues with short sighted users, then great.

What I want to know is why don't they try to make it for movies? Being in the middle of a movie would be pretty awesome, if extremely difficult to film.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ahaha. That's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Ahaha. That's funny.
    Actually it's not if you read why Notch cancelled that deal. Here:
    http://notch.net/2014/03/virtual-rea...nge-the-world/

This IS funny, because now it is true:

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever said the video game industry is dying needs to stop spewing shit. Nintendo won't die, they have to much money to screwup up over and over again, something will work in the end. This is where I explain that Sony wasn't going to make a huge profit off of console sales (neither was MS), the PS4 was supposed to be sold as a loss, software is what makes the profit... So please before any of you say it's dying, look how big and commercialized games have become, not to mention the indie scene. Maybe it's dead to you as the individual because you don't like the way it's going but as a whole, it's doing well.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2014-03-26 at 03:06 AM.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Toph Beifong View Post
    Whoever said the video game industry is dying needs to stop spewing shit. Nintendo won't die, they have to much money to screwup up over and over again, something will work in the end. This is where I explain that Sony wasn't going to make a huge profit off of console sales (neither was MS either), the PS4 wad supposed to be sold as a loss, software is what makes the profit... So please before any of you say it's dying, look how big and commercialized games have become, not to mention the indie scene. Maybe it's dead to you as the individual because you don't like the way it's going but as a whole, it's doing well.
    This right here. You get it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Er.... facebook? How could they even use this?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Apparently everyone donating via Kickstarter to get Occulus Rift off the ground neglected to notice the $2 billion dollar donor level that grants you the integrity and self respect of the project creators.

Last edited by Paradyne; 2014-03-26 at 03:49 AM.