Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RoS reviews incoming

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/di...eaper-of-souls

Overall, the expansion seems to be pretty well received. I'm a bit surprised however that it's getting these user scores on Metacritic of all places considering how the userbase can act at times.

I'm not someone who thinks reviews affect the enjoyment of a game in any way, but it can be fun to hear what people think of the scores and if the reviews are fair to you. Personally, I think some of the reviews I've read brought up some fair points, and the scores seems fairly reasonable from both the users and reviewers. Much morel level headed this time around than at launch of the original game.

I can't stand it. What looked to be promising for D3 has screwed it over.

they take away the AH, and make it harder to make/get gear. Not to mention the stat rolling, while good for 2.0 prepatch, sucks for reapers. Every 70 legendary I have gotten is worse then my level 60s. You have to get special items to craft. Trying to farm 1 Reaper's Fear. 50+ Mal kills, no item, and even if I do get it chances are the bracers will roll bad stats. They have turned crafting into what the Hellfire ring is. A crap shoot on materials. Thats just to name a few things they screwed up on.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/di...eaper-of-souls

Overall, the expansion seems to be pretty well received. I'm a bit surprised however that it's getting these user scores on Metacritic of all places considering how the userbase can act at times.

I'm not someone who thinks reviews affect the enjoyment of a game in any way, but it can be fun to hear what people think of the scores and if the reviews are fair to you. Personally, I think some of the reviews I've read brought up some fair points, and the scores seems fairly reasonable from both the users and reviewers. Much morel level headed this time around than at launch of the original game.
    I gave the original release of D3 a 1 on metacritic, which I felt was more than fair given the shocking state of the game and servers it was a fair reflection of the experience.

But, having played it recently and RoS today< I'd be much more inclined to bump that up considerably to more like 6.5-7ish. Good game now, not exceptional, but solid.

Hold on. The userscore on Metacritic is above 1.1?? O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I don't even play D3, but what you're describing sounds exactly what a diablo game is about. 60 gear better than 70, well duh, why not? No ah? Great, ah was the dumbest shit that failure of a developer whose name I can't remember came up with. 50 kills? Rofl, 50 kills hahahah what a joke, I've had thousands of ball/pindle/pits kills and runs and I never got a death's fathom or crown of ages that I wanted.

I think you should be playing WoW.
    Not even gonna dignify the paragraph with a response.

I do play WoW.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    I gave the original release of D3 a 1 on metacritic, which I felt was more than fair given the shocking state of the game and servers it was a fair reflection of the experience.

But, having played it recently and RoS today< I'd be much more inclined to bump that up considerably to more like 6.5-7ish. Good game now, not exceptional, but solid.
    Well, sure (I don't really agree that Vanilla Diablo 3 deserved a 1 or 0 as a score, since those ratings should only be used for products with no qualities to speak of, which wasn't the case for D3 if you ask me). I personally did not have the same issues a lot of people had with the servers, but I can understand the frustration at least. You have to agree though that RoS launch was really, really smooth. Heck, I didn't even lag or loose my connection all day, and I heard no one who had major issues other than an occasional bug here and there.

I don't really like rating games since I would never be able to put a numerical value on my thoughts, but I personally would have rated my first day playing RoS a 9.5-10 out 10 in terms of enjoyment. Had really fun just playing Act V, doing 5 Bounties, one Nephalem Rift, and levelling a Crusader to 10 thus far (planning on making it my main). Was worth every penny and am looking forward to playing more when I get the time (have a 2000-3000 word assignment to write till tomorrow, so that's going to be my occupation as of now).

---

Edit: Just found this user "review" that I wish to share just for the lolz:

"Lawl DLC for 40€/50$ . Oh Blizzard... what have you come to. Well. Nope. Just nope, really.
    TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL TEXTFILL"

Yeah, if this is the standard of which Metacritic considers to be a review (heck, it's obvious that the guy hasn't actually played the expansion, so why is this even a part of the Metacritic score?), then there's no wonder why the site is the way it is.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2014-03-26 at 01:50 AM.

11/10 IGN score incoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

they take away the AH, and make it harder to make/get gear. Not to mention the stat rolling, while good for 2.0 prepatch, sucks for reapers. Every 70 legendary I have gotten is worse then my level 60s. You have to get special items to craft. Trying to farm 1 Reaper's Fear. 50+ Mal kills, no item, and even if I do get it chances are the bracers will roll bad stats. They have turned crafting into what the Hellfire ring is. A crap shoot on materials. Thats just to name a few things they screwed up on.
    50+ kills already for one boss? You need to calm down haha, hasn't even been out for 24 hours.

Killing one boss isn't the best way to get gear BTW...

Buahahahaha whot a pile of BS a realy good one :P you already hit 50+ mal kills and the game is only 16 h max out is here any mod on this forum ?? could you pleas remove this post comon seriously .... A know that MMo Champ is the Haters Pit but ....ehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    50+ kills already for one boss? You need to calm down haha, hasn't even been out for 24 hours.

Killing one boss isn't the best way to get gear BTW...
    It's highly likely that 50 kills is grossly exaggerated.

Certainly not on any challenging difficulty, it's not that short a fight.

Funny anyway, he's complaining about loot, when the revamped loot system is practically D3's saving grace.

The music is FAR better though for sure, big improvement.

Though honestly, whilst Diablo isn't about content, it's about farming the same shit again and again, literally that is the core premise of the game, I don't know if it actually feels like an expansion, i wouldn't of found it odd if RoS came out as DLC for example.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2014-03-26 at 05:14 AM.

The professional reviews will go up a bit. Settling at around 8.5 is my guess.

Which is too low and showing even pro reviewers have a tendancy to follow the brainless masses on the internet.

As for so called user reviews on Metacritic: they are useless and utter trash with as much substance as horse shit.

I would give ROS a decent 9. But rating a Blizzard game is silly really. A game should be rated for its long term play. And Blizzard games are absurd in this category compared to other products that are mostly ditched once installed.

Engine = 12/10 though. Incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    It's highly likely that 50 kills is grossly exaggerated.

Certainly not on any challenging difficulty, it's not that short a fight.

Funny anyway, he's complaining about loot, when the revamped loot system is practically D3's saving grace.

The music is FAR better though for sure, big improvement.

Though honestly, whilst Diablo isn't about content, it's about farming the same shit again and again, literally that is the core premise of the game, I don't know if it actually feels like an expansion, i wouldn't of found it odd if RoS came out as DLC for example.
    I think with the introduction of free to roam and random content in various adventure modes and the upcoming announced seasonal rankings in PVE, your definition is no longer holding true...

If you dont want to hear the exact same quest lines and redo the same content that is perfectly possible after ROS now ...

10+ Year Old Account

they take away the AH, and make it harder to make/get gear.
    Harder to get gear?

Legendaries are dropping left and right.. I find more legendaries PER DAY, than I found in two years pre-v2..
    The first day i played v2, I quindroubled (that's 5x) my dps, from loot alone..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The negative reviews on metacritic are as funny as ever =)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    11/10 IGN score incoming.
    But the game doesn't have moral choices and/or dogs you can control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Metacritic users reviews are too often biased by the fact people like/don't like the game. There are mostly near 100 points ones and then all the 0/1 point ones, which aren't actually depicting the true quality of the game.

I prefer to read reviews done by professionals - anyway i don't care much about them too. They can give me an idea, but until i have tried a game i don't say anything; also most of the times it ends with me having fun so all games i have are beautiful to a degree for me
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

They can't be bothered to make an ending cinematic for their expansion I can't be bothered to buy it for 45$, simple as that. Looking forward to Black Friday deals and/or Christmas deals with 20$ prices.

It they can't adhere to their own standards of quality and expectations of their fans with over a billion a year in revenue...

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Metacritic users reviews are too often biased by the fact people like/don't like the game. There are mostly near 100 points ones and then all the 0/1 point ones, which aren't actually depicting the true quality of the game.

I prefer to read reviews done by professionals - anyway i don't care much about them too. They can give me an idea, but until i have tried a game i don't say anything; also most of the times it ends with me having fun so all games i have are beautiful to a degree for me
    I don't care much about reviews, even from professionals. Most professionals these days review games with bullshit mindsets like "innovation no matter what" (destructoid review of arkham origins, for example... wtf Jim???). Also scores are totally meaningless these days, like you said: there are 90+++ GOTY scores and 10--- worst game ever scores and nothing in between...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I don't care much about reviews, even from professionals. Most professionals these days review games with bullshit mindsets like "innovation no matter what" (destructoid review of arkham origins, for example... wtf Jim???). Also scores are totally meaningless these days, like you said: there are 90+++ GOTY scores and 10--- worst game ever scores and nothing in between...
    Many people seem to have very little sense of adequacy and moderation nowadays on the internet - everything is either the best thing since the dawn of time or damn it to hell awful. D3 was a good game, D3: RoS is a good game. It is not the best game ever, because, well, what is, but it is beautifully crafted and polished and Blizzard will continue to expand and improve it, as they always do. Both are lightyears ahead of D2 and have provided millions of people with lots of enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    They can't be bothered to make an ending cinematic for their expansion I can't be bothered to buy it for 45$, simple as that. Looking forward to Black Friday deals and/or Christmas deals with 20$ prices.

It they can't adhere to their own standards of quality and expectations of their fans with over a billion a year in revenue...
    Is this the real reason you are not buying it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Sadly true. Metacritics is fairly good when used on normal games, it's garbage when it comes to big titles though.