question about heroic lockouts

can you start a group at 25 man and after hitting a boss that you need to drop some dead weight on switch it to 10 man and continue the clear?

i.e. kill bosses on heroic 25 until thok / seigecrafter (maybe even just spoils, depending), and then once we hit the wall that you can't carry dead weight over switch it to 10 heroic and keep going.

No you cant. Heroic lockouts are different then everything else.

If you are saved to Heroic 25 SoO you cannot go into ANY other heroic SoO except that one.

If I am 2/14 H this week with my guild, I cannot go to another guild that is also 2/14H and work on Norushen with them. It will not let me enter. It is the same concept with switching to 10 man heroic. Its a different lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    No you cant. Heroic lockouts are different then everything else.

If you are saved to Heroic 25 SoO you cannot go into ANY other heroic SoO except that one.

If I am 2/14 H this week with my guild, I cannot go to another guild that is also 2/14H and work on Norushen with them. It will not let me enter. It is the same concept with switching to 10 man heroic. Its a different lockout.
    The raid lockout ID stays the same regardless of 10 or 25man.

so we can? what we're really aiming for here is increased drops from especially the trinket bosses (immerseus still has dropped 0 trinkets, heroic or for our 1 normal kill), and then once we get toward the later bosses when it's more difficult cut it down to 10 man.

If we can do this, would the 15 who got cut also be able to cut 5 out and attempt some heroic progression for themselves at a 10 man?

LOL Ford is that you? XD

We can't sadly We can continue with any normal (10/25) but not heroic. Each heroic lockout is unique regardless 10 or 25. If you got saved in one you are saved til next reset, can't switch, can't join any other heroic. And it stays when you extend too. My druid's lockout on lich king has been there for half a year i think lol.
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2014-03-26 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Got a few mixed responses from this thread, was hoping someone could clarify.

In preparation for WoD we want to switch to 25 man, but we still want to kill the later bosses on 10 man because many of our new members are still undergeared. Can we kill for example Immerseus on 25 man heroic and then boot 15 players and kill Fallen Protectors on 10 man heroic?

Thanks!

If i am not mistaken you should be able to as long as the raid leader starts the raid with that lock out, anyone with that raid ID lock out should be able to join it and cont the heroic run. The other 15 im not sure would be able to cont heroic if you cleared the rest on 10 man but the main group should. like I said im not 100% but i believe it works that way. Honestly best thing to do is try and share your results. if it works great if it doesn't then either bring back the 15 or pick up some people to replace the dead weight thru cross realm.
    Best of luck to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post

In preparation for WoD we want to switch to 25 man, but we still want to kill the later bosses on 10 man because many of our new members are still undergeared. Can we kill for example Immerseus on 25 man heroic and then boot 15 players and kill Fallen Protectors on 10 man heroic?

Thanks!
    You cannot. What will happen is, when you form a 10 man group, set difficulty to 10 man heroic and run into instance, you will find it changes to 25 man heroic automatically. It's been like that since I think when heroic difficulty comes out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post

Thanks!
    Hello.

You cannot kill Immerseus on 25 man heroic and then switch to 10 man heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Hello.

You cannot kill Immerseus on 25 man heroic and then switch to 10 man heroic.
    ^this. Once you have killed any boss in 25 man heroic you can neither switch to 10 man heroic nor join another 25 man heroic group. Your are locked to your groups heroic ID.
    You can go on on normal mode with any group/size you want, though.