Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Is this true. I doubt US would invade Syria. Not after the Iraq war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Problem is, Turkey is trying VERY hard to get EU membership.
    Syria is a Russian ally.

And there's this little spat going on with Russia and the EU already.

This is just a wee bit more fuel on the fire at precisely the time we DON'T need it.
    Turkey can forget about EU till they acknowledge Armenian Genocide. And that won't happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/opp...&NewsCatID=338

Or the vote was rigged, but I bet that NATO, USA and EU will also turn a blind eye to this.

Pictures of discarded voting ballots aren't really hard evidence that voting was rigged. I mean come on, most of Turkey's population is still traditional and at the very least somewhat religious. They will obviously vote for AKP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    [IMG]https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10154494_555853331195903_2095935897_n.jpg/IMG]

Pictures of discarded voting ballots aren't really hard evidence that voting was rigged. I mean come on, most of Turkey's population is still traditional and at the very least somewhat religious. They will obviously vote for AKP.
    What would you consider hard evidence that they admt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    What would you consider hard evidence that they admt it?
    They'd obviously need to have been caught in the act of destroying or not counting certain ballots, on film or something. As I said, you can't look at a bunch of discarded ballots and go "it's rigged!" seeing how I just showed a picture of AKP ballots that are half burned as well.

The burden of evidence is on the person who makes a claim. So if you claim an election is rigged you need to show evidence to back it up. A picture of discarded ballots is simply not enough.

Deleted
    They'd obviously need to have been caught in the act of destroying or not counting certain ballots, on film or something. As I said, you can't look at a bunch of discarded ballots and go "it's rigged!" seeing how I just showed a picture of AKP ballots that are half burned as well.

The burden of evidence is on the person who makes a claim. So if you claim an election is rigged you need to show evidence to back it up. A picture of discarded ballots is simply not enough.
    The claim is that the election were not conducted properly and its made plausible everything else is just conjecture.

Since the intention of elections is to legitimize the goverment the burden of proof is now on them.

Turkey has the military capability to end the Assad regime in a matter of hours.
    April 1st: Okay, days.
    June 5th: I meant months.
    August 2015: Years...

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The claim is that the election were not conducted properly and its made plausible everything else is just conjecture.

Since the intention of elections is to legitimize the goverment the burden of proof is now on them.
    How are they supposed to prove that there wasn't any form of rigging?

Deleted
    How are they supposed to prove that there wasn't any form of rigging?
    Independent commision to investigate those incidents for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw the title and thought of this video.

2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Seen this post somewhere, I found it interesting:
    Turkey's biggest problem is lack of credible, dynamic political opposition that can relate to everyone not only Bodrumites... CHP will truly become a political party when they can go beyond Diyarbakir and stop looking down on majority of Turks and stop calling them " gobegini kasiyan Adam" Image is also another issue for CHP when I look at Kilicdaroglu or Sarigul, especially mr Sarigul all I see is a man whose every second word is insallah or masallah (by this way he is tiring to appeal akp voters) but one mistake he does is just because we don't wear a badge sayin "secular" doesn't mean that all of us are conservative screaming ayatollah... They will become a government one day if they can only see that tiny difference...
    I'd like to hear more about it.
    I find it surprising that the opposition couldn't capitalise on erdogan after all the claims against him.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way what does "gobegini kasiyan Adam" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    By the way what does "gobegini kasiyan Adam" mean?
    "The guy who scratches his tummy" is the exact translation. It's a term used for the ignorant public who is easily deceived.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    "The guy who scratches his tummy" is the exact translation. It's a term used for the ignorant public who is easily deceived.
    How about that.
    Kuntantee is that the reason why I accused you of elitism last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    How about that.
    Kuntantee is that the reason why I accused you of elitism last time?
    Yep. That sort of view or what you would call "looking down". Fucking morons still vote for Erdogan...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Yep. That sort of view or what you would call "looking down". Fucking morons still vote for Erdogan...
    Seems I was right then.

Quote Originally Posted by runeghost View Post
    Didn't WW One start between two minor countries?
    Minor??? FU man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Minor??? FU man.
    I really don't think "minor" is the word I would use to describe turkey.