Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Give Parry the edge. The slightly more avoidance you'd gain by balancing the two doesn't outweigh the amount of damage you'd gain by using more Parry and going for Hold the Line glyph.
    I didn´t ask which way to favor, I asked him which setting he used in his simcraft^^ Thanks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Did you prefer parry while going for avoidance or did you try to balance parry and dodge?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ruisr/advanced
    I balance them, but give parry around a 4k lead, which would give a slight reduction in damage taken on the sim.

Edit:
    Actually I was wrong about that, it seems balancing them offers negligible increase in survivability.
    full parry build below. dps may be a bit different with dragon roar instead of shockwave, but I only really wanted to see differences in survivability and rage generation.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ultsparry.html
    Last edited by Anuibus; 2014-03-28 at 12:16 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ruisr/advanced
    I balance them, but give parry around a 4k lead, which would give a slight reduction in damage taken on the sim.

Edit:
    Actually I was wrong about that, it seems balancing them offers negligible increase in survivability.
    full parry build below. dps may be a bit different with dragon roar instead of shockwave, but I only really wanted to see differences in survivability and rage generation.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ultsparry.html
    Do I see correctly, that the rage generated was in both cases (parry and dodge balanced out vs favoring parry) at 12,5 RPM? Seems strangely off. Why wouldn´t more parry add more rage through revenge proccs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Do I see correctly, that the rage generated was in both cases (parry and dodge balanced out vs favoring parry) at 12,5 RPM? Seems strangely off. Why wouldn´t more parry add more rage through revenge proccs?
    revenge procs off dodge or parry, parrys only benefit over dodge is hold the line.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Supposed to balance them to a degree to avoid diminishing returns. Stacking parry results in equal to lower rage because even with hold the line, diminishing returns lowers that ability to keep parrying which results in a waste of stat. I can't believe this argument for which is better is still going on.

It's been proven that Avoidance (if properly done) results in overall less damage taken, overall more rage, overall more damage, and I would even argue with more control over mastery. Even crit built is useless because the slightly added damage doesn't outweigh the damage you take. There isn't much of an argument other than "I'm lazy so I play mastery build".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Supposed to balance them to a degree to avoid diminishing returns. Stacking parry results in equal to lower rage because even with hold the line, diminishing returns lowers that ability to keep parrying which results in a waste of stat. I can't believe this argument for which is better is still going on.
    The difference between stacking full parry and having dodge/parry balance is like 1% or less overall avoidance? How does that give less rage or inc dmg? rng will probably have greater impact than that. Same goes with rage and hold the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    It's been proven that Avoidance (if properly done).... overall more damage.....
    Can you pls link or show me the math where parry/dodge balances equals more dps than full parry?
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2014-03-28 at 03:32 PM.

This thread needs a lock, holy shit. There's a Prot Warrior sticky for a reason and all of this information is literally already posted there.

Also, the Simcraft stuff is cute. Gave me a good chuckle to see how bad the Mastery build truly is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, please redirect people to this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ection-Warrior in the future. Thanks!