Deleted

Monk CC breaking - need clarification

Hi, I don't know ANYTHING about monks and I need some help

I'm a resto druid and played against a WW monk in arena.

My rotation - fear on monk (from symbiosis) - monk uses some inexplicable for me cc removal (not a trinket, nor WOTF). I follow with cyclone - same shit - 3 seconds after fear. It's kind of transparent spell animation over his head when he uses that . What spell is that , and how can he use it twice in a row and on a cyclone?

Cuz then he still has WOTF and trinket .

Thanks for your answers

Oh and one more thing: he also had a transparent copy of him. He was doing crazy dps on my warrior and the copy was hitting for 22K+ crits on me. What's the uptime of this copy, what's the cd, how to counter it? It felt like playing against 2 dps, but the monk was with a healer. The dps was spread almost evenly between me and my warrior( because of the copy hitting like a train)

EDIT: It certainly wasn't his healer's dispell - was out of range, + cannot dispell cyclone
    Last edited by mmoc45ace35586; 2014-03-26 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    The spell his is using is [Nimble Brew]

-Clears you of all root, stun, fear and horror effects and reduces the duration of future such effects by 60% for 6 sec.

Obviously he can't use it twice in a row.

As for the copy spell

-The Monk splits, summoning an elemental spirit to attack the target. The Monk can split into up to 2 elemental spirits at a time.
    The spirits will attack their targets and mirror your damaging abilities. However, for each elemental spirit summoned the Monk's own damage will be reduced.
    1 Spirit Summoned - Monk and spirit deal 70% of the Monk's normal damage.
    2 Spirits Summoned - Monk and spirits deal 55% of the Monk's normal damage.
    The elemental spirits will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies or is otherwise unavailable.

very easy to counter as the mirrors have like 50k hp and could be killed in1-2 globals

Hope this helps!

Deleted
    The monk can break stun/fear/root effects with an ability that has a 2min CD.

There is no way to remove cyclone for a monk, he probably trinketed it or it was DRed and ran out fast.

The clone has no cd, he can summon it as much as he wants, you are supposed to kill it, which for some healers might be difficult. It has 40k health or so.

Deleted
    Hello

Are you Playing at 2k+? And was the monk With a shaman? Because i faced warr+resto Druid On my monk ( Rezuz ) for a few days ago, like 5 games and we won all of Them.

Anyways Sometimes if the monk has "sparring glyph" it Can deflect cyclones and fear, i always get deflected a cyclone..

And about the fear breaks, if it was With a sham, he always uses tremor totem for me and him to get out of the fear Then if the warr fear i Can use nimble On it or i Can Wait 3 sec....

And about that storm Earth and fire ability, only good monks uses that, i always do, vs Druid healer, monk healer and Pally, it Works fine On Them but never uses it vs sham or priest because sham has "Water shield" and priest has too much shields so it Wont affect him.

I hope it was me?:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudix View Post
    Hello

Are you Playing at 2k+? And was the monk With a shaman? Because i faced warr+resto Druid On my monk ( Rezuz ) for a few days ago, like 5 games and we won all of Them.

Anyways Sometimes if the monk has "sparring glyph" it Can deflect cyclones and fear, i always get deflected a cyclone..

And about the fear breaks, if it was With a sham, he always uses tremor totem for me and him to get out of the fear Then if the warr fear i Can use nimble On it or i Can Wait 3 sec....

And about that storm Earth and fire ability, only good monks uses that, i always do, vs Druid healer, monk healer and Pally, it Works fine On Them but never uses it vs sham or priest because sham has "Water shield" and priest has too much shields so it Wont affect him.

I hope it was me?:P
    Sorry, wasn't you :P But your post was very helpful, about the glyph, totem and other stuff. Cheers !

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    Hi, I don't know ANYTHING about monks and I need some help

I'm a resto druid and played against a WW monk in arena.

My rotation - fear on monk (from symbiosis) - monk uses some inexplicable for me cc removal (not a trinket, nor WOTF). I follow with cyclone - same shit - 3 seconds after fear. It's kind of transparent spell animation over his head when he uses that . What spell is that , and how can he use it twice in a row and on a cyclone?

Cuz then he still has WOTF and trinket .

Thanks for your answers

Oh and one more thing: he also had a transparent copy of him. He was doing crazy dps on my warrior and the copy was hitting for 22K+ crits on me. What's the uptime of this copy, what's the cd, how to counter it? It felt like playing against 2 dps, but the monk was with a healer. The dps was spread almost evenly between me and my warrior( because of the copy hitting like a train)

EDIT: It certainly wasn't his healer's dispell - was out of range, + cannot dispell cyclone
    http://wowhead.com/spell=137562 http://wowhead.com/spell=137639