Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well she's kind of right, 'they' are the cockroaches of the world.

She's pretty cute! Although I bet she'd be more than capable of smiting me with that burning gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Well she's kind of right, 'they' are the cockroaches of the world.
    Says who? The Waffen-SS fanbois from Latvia? I imagine asking either you guys or Oberstgruppenführer Josef "Sepp" Dietrich on their opinion of Russians, you'd all say the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    She's pretty cute! Although I bet she'd be more than capable of smiting me with that burning gaze.
    She is beautiful yes, but she also looks like a psycho. Definitely not the type of woman I'd like to sleep with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Says who? The Waffen-SS fanbois from Latvia? I imagine asking either you guys or Oberstgruppenführer Josef "Sepp" Dietrich on their opinion of Russians, you'd all say the same thing.
    Easy there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    She looks like a young Captain janeway..... And we all know how she killed billions of borg.
    She's also a pretty badass chef.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I find as far as Star Trek captains goes though, her character was the closest to being a complete human being.

Picard was mr. perfect.
    Kirk was mr. short fuse.
    Sisko was walking, talking, black history month; there to deliver a lesson, every week about the perils of being a young black man on 20th century earth because that's why people tune into star trek amirite? (Even though Star Trek universe typically uses different alien species to open a dialogue about racial issues)

Don't even get me started on Captain Bakula
    Picard was hardly Mr. Perfect. He had plenty of issues, from his trouble with kids, to his family problems with his brother, to his inability to relax, to his ego problems related to his fake heart, to his issues with the Borg (the line must be drawn HERE, THIS FAR, NO FURTHER!).
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    An interesting development... a former Prime Minister calls for the deaths of millions of Russians in exasperation.

And half the posts in this thread are about either how hot she is or something about star trek.

Good ol' MMO champion.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmm she can hit me with her nukes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    An interesting development... a former Prime Minister calls for the deaths of millions of Russians in exasperation.

And half the posts in this thread are about either how hot she is or something about star trek.

Good ol' MMO champion.
    I have millions of soldiers waiting to attack if you know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Good ol' MMO champion.
    That is a good observation. You 've just realized how decades of anti-Russian propaganda have morally anesthetized the average westerner with respect to the demise of Russia or her people thereof.

I think the first large-scale moral anesthetization of a whole people through the clever use of propaganda was first carried out by the Nazis in the 30's and 40's and was put to use in the attack on Russia [Operation Barbarossa]. The German troops were morally anesthetized towards the Slav Untermesnch and this contributed greatly to a substantial increase of casualties for the Red Army and the Russian non-combatants.

German Wehrmacht troops felt their were the avengers of God sent to earth to cleanse the world of Slavic Untermenschen. The rest is history.

[Source: Anthony Beevor, Stalingrad]

I'm sure I would say something like that in a similar situation. It's got to be both frustrating and horrifying to see a much larger, aggressive country take advantage of your own and nobody else being willing to do anything about it. That said, it's a pretty shitty thing to say about 8 million people who likely had nothing to do with the invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    That is a good observation. You 've just realized how decades of anti-Russian propaganda have morally anesthetized the average westerner with respect to the demise of Russia or her people thereof.

I think the first large-scale moral anesthetization of a whole people through the clever use of propaganda was first carried out by the Nazis in the 30's and 40's and was put to use in the attack on Russia [Operation Barbarossa]. The German troops were morally anesthetized towards the Slav Untermesnch and this contributed greatly to a substantial increase of casualties for the Red Army and the Russian non-combatants.

German Wehrmacht troops felt their were the avengers of God sent to earth to cleanse the world of Slavic Untermenschen. The rest is history.

[Source: Anthony Beevor, Stalingrad]
    Personally I think her comments are awful. Awful to the point that there's really no discussion to be had. Saying that millions of people should die is pretty much as awful as you can get (I mean other than upping the stakes, 10, 100, 1 billion?)

There's not much more than can be said.

The only place left to go with this is whatever comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of propaganda, I'm surprised no one else questioned the edited feel of those clips.

Probably edited by the same people that illegally wiretapped the call.

In the above tweet, Tymoshenko says that the recording has been edited, and that she in fact said that the Russians in Ukraine "were Ukrainian." She also added "Hello FSB " in reference to Russia's security agency.
    Putin's spies and the St Petersberg propaganda mill working over-time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...kill-russians/

I've said far worse on the telephone, there should be no double standards for political figure's hyperbole in PRIVATE conversations.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2014-03-27 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Speaking of propaganda, I'm surprised no one else questioned the edited feel of those clips.

Probably edited by the same people that illegally wiretapped the call.

Putin's spies and the St Petersberg propaganda mill working over-time.

how do you feel about the NSA wiretapping as well? Illegal wiretapping? If this was illegal wiretapping, then what do you think of us tapping Merkel's phone?

I do not feel strongly for either side in the fight between Ukraine and Russian, however, double standards are pretty easy to see in this circumstance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Sarah Palin wants less government. And she's even uglier than this chick.
    I am no Sarah Palin fan, however saying someone is ugly is not exactly appropriate discourse for this, is it? Frankly half the posters in this thread are offensive, I am no feminist but just the "Hot or not" type posts are just..ugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    how do you feel about the NSA wiretapping as well? Illegal wiretapping? If this was illegal wiretapping, then what do you think of us tapping Merkel's phone?
    Made only possible by getting premiun realestate for their embassy near the german parliament due to mutual friendship and trust.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embassy_of_the_United_States,_Berlin#Controversies
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-03-27 at 07:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Made only possible by getting premiun realestate for their embassy near the german parliament due to mutual friendship and trust.
    That..kind of makes it worse to me. Unless that is what you were going for :P

As I said, I have no dog in the "Russia V. Ukraine" hunt.

The only thing I have really noticed in this thread is that if you are a female in a position of power, if you do or say anything that will be talked about, within minutes it will devolve into a conversation about whether you are attractive or not.
    You're a towel.

So she said something stupid in an unguarded moment of anger.
    We've all said stupid (and extreme!) things. It doesn't mean we really really mean it, it just means we're exasperated. And when we say such stupid things, we do so in our own private homes, on our own private lines, where we won't expect it to become an international thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    So she said something stupid in an unguarded moment of anger.
    We've all said stupid (and extreme!) things. It doesn't mean we really really mean it, it just means we're exasperated. And when we say such stupid things, we do so in our own private homes, on our own private lines, where we won't expect it to become an international thing.
    That would be, unless she didn't have that far right aggressive backround and deep-rooted hostility towards Russia (justified or not). It might've been a moment of heat in manner of speech but it doesn't justify usage of such language and a call for nuclear obiletration.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    She's not wrong. The russians really need to be taken down a peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That would be, unless she didn't have that far right aggressive backround and deep-rooted hostility towards Russia (justified or not). It might've been a moment of heat in manner of speech but it doesn't justify usage of such language and a call for nuclear obiletration.
    Nor does it justify such hubris as stating that you (as a largely untrained person) would want to lead a charge against them and shoot their leader with an assault rifle.
    The levels of banality in this conversation are simply far too high to take seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Nor does it justify such hubris as stating that you (as a largely untrained person) would want to lead a charge against them and shoot their leader with an assault rifle.
    The levels of banality in this conversation are simply far too high to take seriously.
    Interesting take you have from my post. I don't reckon saying anything of the sort.

As a sidepoint, I've been trained to use assault rifle to kill people as are majority in Finland if you happen to be a male
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988