Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Horridon nerf a indication on underestimating the boost?

I often believe I'm one of the rare people who enjoy LFR, Once I've finished progress and everything is just farm content, I enjoy spending time on the few alts I have getting some LFR gear before taking them through some alt runs or pugs,

I've never had a problem with LFR groups like people seem to crack on about "OMG COULDNT KILL 1ST BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS!!" worst thing I had experienced is Thok people skipping the jailer and standing in the middle for 2 wipes..

Until Horridon (first week of boosted 90s); first week was horrible for people not being able to take care of the adds, healing was useless, tanks had no clue how to tank, others had no clue they had to dispel (some didnt even know they could dispel) now I tried to help out but to a general reply of "JUST NUKE BOSS ITS EASY"

Now last week after most of the people had there 502 / 528 items and some timeless 535 gear I manage to help people through Horridon and people started to do the fight the way it should be done... (granted its LFR so different people to the previous week) but now see that Blizzard has nerfed Horridon trash AGAIN I may add (if I am correct the nerfed it a few weeks and ToT release, but I cant remember if this was just on normal/heroic 10man)

Is this Blizzards way of saying we underestimated how dump some people are to not learn a few abilities on boosted chars to get them through a LFR thats been out for almost a year? I honestly cant see any other reason to do a nerf to a boss that has been fine for the past 11 months its been out?

Any thought from others ?

If anything it's a proof of concept of requiring Proving Grounds Silver before doing LFR. Yes, a lot of people really cannot look at the spellbook and piece together what abilities they should use or simply choose not to. The best they can do is force them into an environment where you have to at least pay attention a little bit and try to get through instead of current LFR which is an afk/button mashing fest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet it's more of an indication of the Blizzard developer who has been posting on Twitter recently about running his friend through LFR and people never killing adds!

This is Blizzard's way of saying "You're right, this is the most overtuned 2nd boss in the history of the game."

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is for people who don't have the time (or aren't willing to put in the time) to learn how to play their class or the game.

The more nerfs, the better it is for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    LFR is for people who don't have the time (or aren't willing to put in the time) to learn how to play their class or the game.
    Or people who know to play their class or the game but doesn't want to commit to a raiding schedule, which is my case. (well I raided regularly on flex for a few months but I got bored of the scheduling. I like to do when I want so set times for raids is not my cup of tea. )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Or people who know to play their class or the game but doesn't want to commit to a raiding schedule, which is my case. (well I raided regularly on flex for a few months but I got bored of the scheduling. I like to do when I want so set times for raids is not my cup of tea. )
    set times for flex?
    I spend less time in an OQ 'queue' than i do for LFR by far.

I did have to laugh at that announcement considering my recent experiences with Horridon LFR. I'm not going to bitch about LFR being any easier, though. No one should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post
    I often believe I'm one of the rare people who enjoy LFR, Once I've finished progress and everything is just farm content, I enjoy spending time on the few alts I have getting some LFR gear before taking them through some alt runs or pugs,

I've never had a problem with LFR groups like people seem to crack on about "OMG COULDNT KILL 1ST BOSS AFTER 3 HOURS!!" worst thing I had experienced is Thok people skipping the jailer and standing in the middle for 2 wipes..

Until Horridon (first week of boosted 90s); first week was horrible for people not being able to take care of the adds, healing was useless, tanks had no clue how to tank, others had no clue they had to dispel (some didnt even know they could dispel) now I tried to help out but to a general reply of "JUST NUKE BOSS ITS EASY"

Now last week after most of the people had there 502 / 528 items and some timeless 535 gear I manage to help people through Horridon and people started to do the fight the way it should be done... (granted its LFR so different people to the previous week) but now see that Blizzard has nerfed Horridon trash AGAIN I may add (if I am correct the nerfed it a few weeks and ToT release, but I cant remember if this was just on normal/heroic 10man)

Is this Blizzards way of saying we underestimated how dump some people are to not learn a few abilities on boosted chars to get them through a LFR thats been out for almost a year? I honestly cant see any other reason to do a nerf to a boss that has been fine for the past 11 months its been out?

Going off of your logic you should then be able to explain how to raid tank or raid heal just going off of questing experience. I am waiting. I do believe you are reading too much into the nerf and using it as some sort of odd validation for your obvious stance in the matter of boosted players.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

If you are too good for LFR, then don't do it.
    Simple concept, but obviously too hard for stupid people to grasp.
    LFR should be for people who cannot commit to scheduled raiding for whatever reason.
    It should not be used as a catchup for elitist jerks.

Every other format requires prior time commitment, something some simply cannot commit to.
    Grow up and stop with the childish bashing of something you could avoid, but choose not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I would say this past weekend and this week so far, LFR has been a lot better since preorders opened up. I am doing mostly ToT because I want to get some Tier pieces before going into SoO. Only problems I came upon was people starting the Encounter before LFR could get us a second tank. So the Tank had 20 stacks on him from Horridon, but the encounter was completed.

I think it's probably to compensate for the extra gear levels making the encounter harder. People accidentally push Horridon to low while the mobs are up and the War-God drops while adds are still streaming out. Then Horridon starts to get healed by Dinomancers that are up while others are trying to down the war god.

Rather sizable minion nerf makes it easier to burn them down and less likely to get overrun in the chaos.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    This is Blizzard's way of saying "You're right, this is the most overtuned 2nd boss in the history of the game."
    Vaelastrasz? Especially when you only got limited attempts on him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Going off of your logic you should then be able to explain how to raid tank or raid heal just going off of questing experience. I am waiting. I do believe you are reading too much into the nerf and using it as some sort of odd validation for your obvious stance in the matter of boosted players.
    Well, I think at this point one can conclusively say LFR quality was decreased due to boost to 90, if they have to nerf Horridon again.

What can be disputed however is the reason for it.

First, I'm quite sure this won't be an issue at all in WoD as all of these following explanations will be eliminated through leveling:

1. People with alts not even trying. This happens commonly in LFR, unfortunately putting them all together at the same location sort of dooms the group.

2. Many new WoW players and have not a clue about what they are doing.

3. Most People don't learn how to play their alts quickly. This could be exacerbated by the fact I believe many very casual players have never had more than 1 max level character before now.

Problem 1 will be solved with spreading out the afk elitists eventually. Yes they should be punished somehow, but if that's ever to be fixed, it won't be till WoD.

2 and 3 are greatly helped with leveling. While leveling isn't hard per se, it does teach simple mechanics. For example, some quest "bosses" have mechanics which you must avoid or you will die (eventually). They also have add switching (generally with invincibility shields) Also, many of these bosses have lots of health which lets people learn some semblance of a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    I did have to laugh at that announcement considering my recent experiences with Horridon LFR. I'm not going to bitch about LFR being any easier, though. No one should.
    These days ToT LFR is filled with groups that have a half dozen DPS at 150k+.

Now, you CAN find that in SoO, but *lol* wow is that ever NOT guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    I think it's probably to compensate for the extra gear levels making the encounter harder. People accidentally push Horridon to low while the mobs are up and the War-God drops while adds are still streaming out. Then Horridon starts to get healed by Dinomancers that are up while others are trying to down the war god.

Rather sizable minion nerf makes it easier to burn them down and less likely to get overrun in the chaos.
    I think this guy has the right answer.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelyn View Post

OP either you haven't played the game enough or you are straight up lying about your LFR experience. It does not matter how good of a player you are you cannot carry a group of retards in LFR. Are you telling me you 1 shotted garalon when it first came out? LIES. Are you telling me you one shotted durumu when it was first out?? LIES. Are you telling me you haven't had wipes on spoils of pandaria (one of the easiest boss out there in theory)? LIES. The chances of getting that lucky with decent LFR groups every single time you que are sooooooo slim its not even worth discussing.

The fact of the matter is if you haven't had an LFR group that has wiped repeatedly at some stage then you must never play new content when it is new or you are a liar. Its all well and good to come back 2 months later and piss through the place after everyone has the strats down and some gear but early on nightmare groups are just unavoidable.
    You need to understand this very clearly my man. Even playing at your absolute best your input in LFR is almost completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    I don't really think so, although War-God has been popping up earlier and earlier.

Honestly Horridon is just a terrible horrible unfun fight for a random group. The fun thing which is to DPS the boss, which becomes even more fun as the boss gets squishier, is the wrong to do, but what do you get for doing the right thing? Hearing some other dude chortle about his 342k from his 550 island casual set.

Horridon isn't a terrible fight, people are terrible at the fight. Same as every boss ever made. Vael was the hardest 2nd boss in an instance, with time limit.

Boss pushed too low with dinomancers up? Kill them? It's really not hard.
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Right, they nerfed an encounter the week after allowing horribly geared alts to queue up for it because of another problem that's been around for three months. That makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Boss pushed too low with dinomancers up? Kill them? It's really not hard.
    Have you even done this fight? WTF does "dinomancers up" have to do with the price of tea in Antarctica?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Even playing at your absolute best your input in LFR is almost completely irrelevant.
    I don't have a problem with your main point, but this is really, really untrue. A single character geared from the current normals and played well can generally accomplish about 50% of what is required to succeed in current LFRs. If I queue with two friends in similar gear and with similar skill, we can guarantee success in all but the most difficult LFR fights (Lei Shen being a good example of one we couldn't simply carry).

One good player can make a world of difference in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    These days ToT LFR is filled with groups that have a half dozen DPS at 150k+.

Now, you CAN find that in SoO, but *lol* wow is that ever NOT guaranteed.
    150k was appropriate DPS for the tier and a fresh 90 boosted frost mage I queued with a week ago was near that on Horridon (he was beating 536-SoO-LFR-geared hunters by 10-20% margins). SoO geared characters are capable of twice as much DPS. And other than the people I queued with (on my 553 healer, to carry them and get fast queues) everyone I've seen in LFR in the last two weeks was pathetically bad. I have seen several people below 30k DPS (I really wish this was an exaggeration, but I'm talking about almost a third of the DPS in some groups), absolutely worthless as healers or completely /AFK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you are too good for LFR, then don't do it.
    Simple concept, but obviously too hard for stupid people to grasp.
    LFR should be for people who cannot commit to scheduled raiding for whatever reason.
    It should not be used as a catchup for elitist jerks.

Every other format requires prior time commitment, something some simply cannot commit to.
    Grow up and stop with the childish bashing of something you could avoid, but choose not to.
    The only alternative for gearing my ungeared alts is to endlessly farm burdens on timeless isle. Blizzard forces players like me to carry completely clueless players through LFR.

So you can't commit to a raid schedule. How does that explain complete lack of class and fight mechanics research before attempting a raid? If you're a mage and don't know you should have nearly 100% uptime on your level 90 talents, you shouldn't be in a raid. If you're a DK tank and have spirit, intellect and agility gems in your gear, you shouldn't be in a raid. And when I have to carry people like that (much less suffer being called an elitist jerk for doing it), I'm not going to be happy about it.

Who are you to say who LFR is for?