Mage soloing question

Hey guys, I recently got bored and started wanting to solo old raids...fire lands and ds in particular. But, as a mage I have a lot of trouble in fire land....I am Ilvl 562 and was looking for some tips or even if it's possible as a mage. My main spec is fire with frost os. I have zero prob with fire land and most of ds on my 567 guardian Druid. But I want mounts and gear for my mage and wondering if it will ever happen by soloing? Thanks in advance

i find trying to soloing anything cata on my mage difficult cause we are so squishy and have barely any cooldowns to go with it. Idk but, that is just me.

Yeah me too, that y I was wondering if anyone had tips or tricks lol. I feel your pain

You can do Alysrazor easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherD87 View Post
    Hey guys, I recently got bored and started wanting to solo old raids...fire lands and ds in particular. But, as a mage I have a lot of trouble in fire land....I am Ilvl 562 and was looking for some tips or even if it's possible as a mage. My main spec is fire with frost os. I have zero prob with fire land and most of ds on my 567 guardian Druid. But I want mounts and gear for my mage and wondering if it will ever happen by soloing? Thanks in advance
    I feel your pain. I'd love that transmog set.

Perhaps an expert knows better, but I would say its impossible to solo it in entirety in
    the accepted fashion.

The basic rule is that mages can solo stuff two expansions back, so we probably need
    to wait for Wod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah unless you are pushing ~575+ gear you are not going to be able to solo much cata stuff unless you can just burst it down in time. Rune of Power and Invocation both do not give enough healing. I do 2 man Firelands weekly with my Lock friend though, and Alyrsazor is easily soloable and has been for awhile.

If you lack healing you can try to get your hands on the tanking trinket that drops off Juggernaut i SoO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    If you lack healing you can try to get your hands on the tanking trinket that drops off Juggernaut i SoO.
    Thanks so much for that, been searching for something like it for years.

Maybe I misread something but it seems like a total game-changer for classes without healing to solo with.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

Maybe I misread something but it seems like a total game-changer for classes without healing to solo with.
    It does not make mages miraculously become tanks, but it allows some bosses to be soloed, like Heroic Yor'Sahj or Heroic Hagara

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    Came here just to suggest this.
    I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while now, but so far no luck.
    All our tanks have it though so next drop is gonna be mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Came here just to suggest this.
    I've been trying to get my hands on it for a while now, but so far no luck.
    All our tanks have it though so next drop is gonna be mine!
    Still haven't seen it drop, I want to solo LK 25 HC :/