Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    -There is no guarantee that all character models will be done by release, but they hope to have most ready.

How does that crow pie taste?

10+ Year Old Account
    character models would be one departments job.

they have all the other departments working on stuff. remember you can click on an option to use the old models, so while the other guys are working on raids, 5mans, quests and leveling they can use old models.

they aren't sitting around going, god i wish these guys would hurry up and finish the character models so we can start developing the rest of the expansion. COME ON!
    Hi

Unsubbed when they said it was going to be a fall release. The information on the game flows freely, except models, and we get like 1 a month, what do you think the hold up is then?
    How about the hundreds of other things that still need developing?

Did you miss the part where they said that the expansion might release without ALL of the new character models? Does that not confirm to you that the models are not, in fact, the reason for the "delay"? I mean, if the models are the reason for the "delay," then surely the expansion will release when they're done, right?

No, they're not the reason for the "delay" and if you used even a tiny amount of critical thought, you'd have realized that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I would imagine there has to be tremendous pressure to make a 4th quarter release.

edit - read smudge's comments in detail, didn't realize size of gc-group defection. I retract my above statement, rather, there must be hopeful desperation to make a 4th qtr release.
    Indeed, thanks for the heads up to those comments. Christ on a crutch, if what he is saying is true!!!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    People have been asking, nay craving, new models ever since TBC where the Blood Elves and Draenei already out-shined the older races.

Also, it's an RPG, this stuff matters.

Oh and no, that's not the sole reason. We don't know all the reasons, and if you honestly think that SoO will last for 15 months and that WoD won't release until the 20th of december, you are beyond silly.
    And what percentage of players would that effect? 0.01%? 0.001? 0.0001?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    No they arent the reason.

The reason is: "if they pay no matter what, why deliver new content?"
    Do you actually believe that? Because if you do then I feel bad for you.

So we can thank blizzard for the 15 months of SoO on the character models? The stuff that gets hidden under armor anyway? Awesome.
    Yeah dude, the Raid Design, UI Development; Systems, PVP, World and Quests development, are all just sitting around with their thumbs up their asses waiting on the art team to finish doing all the character models.

Sarcasm Aside, they've got like 500-1000 people working on the game, of whom, maybe 20 are looking at character revamps. (a fraction of the Art/Animation team.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Whatever the reason, I don't see how they think a fall release is acceptable.
    Because every single wow expansion was released that way? A part from TBC in December.

15+ Year Old Account
    What delay? When did they give us a release date and then backed it up?

You sir, are a retard if you believe that is the case. Please keep all stupid thoughts to yourself in the future.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-03-27 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    And what percentage of players would that effect? 0.01%? 0.001? 0.0001?
    Pretty sure way more than 0.01% want new character models.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the reasons, but I think you're over-exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by reesi- View Post
    It's one of the reasons, but I think you're over-exaggerating.
    It is not one of the reasons.
    It has been stated that the game may release without some.
    Therefore they do not need to complete them first, and are not delaying the game for the models.

It has been stated on the original artcraft blog for the human female model that it is mostly the work of one person, and more recently several other models were attributed individually to single people on each.
    There is no way to reduce the impact they have having any further while still keeping it within blizzard, and as they are trying to keep the feel of the old models, as questionable as the success may be, outsourcing that would simply be a disaster in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Why is this thread still open? That is NOT what Blizzard said and you damn well know it. Misleading thread titles need to result in instant bans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    No they arent the reason.

The reason is: "if they pay no matter what, why deliver new content?"
    Subscription based mmos live and die based on content and Blizzard knows this. I said it before and I will say it again here, if Blizzard actually does end up going well past a year of Siege then it is going to damage only Wow's reputation but Blizzard's as well and this is coming from someone who is endlessly accused of being a fanboy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't get this. Lots of people were begging for new models, and now we get them. But, we somehow now don't like them now because they are delaying the release date that hasn't even been given yet. If they release WoD in Oct., then they are still on schedule since that is about the time every expansion since TBS has been released.

Removing flying from our spellbook is the reason for delay.

See, I can pull stuff out of my ass too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think I've seen the delay between end of MoP and WoD blamed on absolutely everything except them actually building the expansion.
    Thanks Obama!

Would happily sit through more MoP if it means I get a better looking game in WoD. I don't raid any more so I personally couldn't give two fucks if SoO lasts 9 or 19 months. At this point all I do is log in, do daily crafts, level alts up for more profession slots (Working on 22 Alch/Scribes because I'm on a connected realm with 3 servers) and occasionally do some Arena when my regular partners are bored.

Character models aren't the source of the delay, they are just unusually slow with content updates.

Deleted
    haha im sure it is not about character models, sucha models is something you can deliver even every 2-3 weeks in a patch ... i think they don't have PVE content ready but the biggest problem probably is class balance/ mechanics. Tank mechanics, DPS mechanics and nerfs for healers.

They are trying to fix pvp and stuff... so i would assume they are sitting on an ready dreanor that needs some work on scenarios and few more complex quests but they don't know how the game should work... if they knew they would release beta by now